Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678923 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by Broadway
    What a tremendous blow to this draft but someone else will emerge

Didn't read how he injured his back, if it wasn't because of contact while playing my impression is isn't he a little young to be having back problems and is this career threatening?

Veteran

Surgery today and out for three-four months. Only his Mizzou/college career is over

I said he looked to be a bust after being drafted right after Porzingis. Apparently the Magic are giving up on him.

Marvin Bagley with 30 & 15 tonight. I think 9-10 from FT line. He's almost unguardable. It's crazy to think he should be a senior in HS this year. 6/8 games with double-double.

And, last 3 games his team has come back from second half deficits.... in part bc of him.

Originally Posted by mafra
    Marvin Bagley with 30 & 15 tonight. I think 9-10 from FT line. He's almost unguardable. It's crazy to think he should be a senior in HS this year. 6/8 games with double-double.

And, last 3 games his team has come back from second half deficits.... in part bc of him.
    Freak athlete, terrible FT shooter though I think thats fixable, his mechanics aren't too bad. I think the kid Doncic is the most skilled player in this draft but this kids innate gifts are too much to pass on, I think he's the number 1 pick this draft.

Veteran

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Freak athlete, terrible FT shooter though I think thats fixable, his mechanics aren't too bad. I think the kid Doncic is the most skilled player in this draft but this kids innate gifts are too much to pass on, I think he's the number 1 pick this draft.

Bagley has been every bit as advertised and then some...a very special, special talent

How far down would MPJ slip if he decided to enter the draft?

I was thinking that he may be available as a 10th or 11th pick if teams have a concern

Veteran

I said he looked to be a bust after being drafted right after Porzingis. Apparently the Magic are giving up on him.

Interesting to see what Hezonja looks like when he gets minutes. What did he do against Detroit what dropped like 8 3s?

Orlando Tragic worst team in the league to develop talent...you know the team who traded away Oladipo and Tobias who both might make the All-Star team for the 1st time? Hezonja is a BUST because Orlando did everything possible to turn him into one. Orlando a franchise who makes the Sixers look like the Spurs as THE MODEL franchise
    Last edited by Broadway; Dec 20, 2017 at 10:07.

Veteran

What a tremendous blow to this draft but someone else will emerge

Trae Young has 5 double doubles and a 43pt performance...
    28.5/10.5 average thus far for the season

Fresh off a 26/22 and that 22 ain't rebounds folks, but hey Knicks go ahead and win 38gms falling in love with Super CoolBeas teasers and the usual 10-15gm love affair with Lance Thomas and get waxed by Lebron and Nem in the 1st round

Oklahoma Sooners freshman Trae Young tied the NCAA Division I record with 22 assists Tuesday night and became the first player in two decades to register at least 20 points and 20 assists in the same game.

Young's 22 assists tied a single-game record, shared by Syracuse's Sherman Douglas (1989), Southern's Avery Johnson (1988) and Charleston Southern's Tony Fairley (1987).

At 6-foot-2 and 180 pounds, Young is the Division I leader in points (28.5 PPG) and assists (10.2 APG).

Young has four games with at least 20 points and 10 assists this season, as many as anyone had in D-I last season. He also scored or assisted on 72 percent of Oklahoma's offense against Northwestern State, and he was responsible for more points than the Demons scored (68) as a team.

-

Good point, Broadway, on ORL failing to develop guys. Add KOQ to that list.... Herz should join our euro-centric roster where he can blossom.

Veteran

Originally Posted by mafra
    Oklahoma Sooners freshman Trae Young tied the NCAA Division I record with 22 assists Tuesday night and became the first player in two decades to register at least 20 points and 20 assists in the same game.

Young's 22 assists tied a single-game record, shared by Syracuse's Sherman Douglas (1989), Southern's Avery Johnson (1988) and Charleston Southern's Tony Fairley (1987).

At 6-foot-2 and 180 pounds, Young is the Division I leader in points (28.5 PPG) and assists (10.2 APG).

Young has four games with at least 20 points and 10 assists this season, as many as anyone had in D-I last season. He also scored or assisted on 72 percent of Oklahoma's offense against Northwestern State, and he was responsible for more points than the Demons scored (68) as a team.

————-

Good point, Broadway, on ORL failing to develop guys. Add KOQ to that list.... Herz should join our euro-centric roster where he can blossom.
    Orlando is truly disgusting here on some never will we see this again levels. In the past 7yrs they've had these players on their team when they were young/younger.

Victor Oladipo
    Tobias Harris
    Mo Harkless
    Dewayne Dedmon
    E'Twaun Moore
    Kyle O'Quinn
    J.J. Redick
    Ryan Anderson
    Marcin Gortat
    Shabazz Napier

I'd argue the collection of players above are better than the current roster

But instead put all their eggs in the Fournier basket. Not that he's a bad player but when you have 2 prospects in Hezonja and Isaac who are languishing to nonexistence and you've simultaneously started benched/started benched Payton and Vucevic and only recently started featuring Aaron Gordon after he got Dunk publicity you know this franchise is all kinds of wrongs and wronger. Another major reason their former GM should've been fired and judging by what I'm witnessing at present the current one should be sweating bullets too, 1st yr on the job.

This is a modern day American tragedy. No one knows who their best player is. I'd gladly take Hezonja if they're trying to feature him, shouldn't take much to get a deal done.

Orlando is truly disgusting here on some never will we see this again levels. In the past 7yrs they've had these players on their team when they were young/younger.

Victor Oladipo
    Tobias Harris
    Mo Harkless
    Dewayne Dedmon
    E'Twaun Moore
    Kyle O'Quinn
    J.J. Redick
    Ryan Anderson
    Marcin Gortat
    Shabazz Napier

But instead put all their eggs in the Fournier basket. Not that he's a bad player but when you have 2 prospects in Hezonja and Isaac who are languishing to nonexistence and you've simultaneously started benched/started benched Payton and Vucevic and only recently started featuring Aaron Gordon after he got Dunk publicity you know this franchise is all kinds of wrongs and wronger. Another major reason their former GM should've been fired and judging by what I'm witnessing at present the current one should be sweating bullets too, 1st yr on the job.

This is a modern day American tragedy. No one knows who their best player is. I'd gladly take Hezonja if they're trying to feature him, shouldn't take much to get a deal done.
    I wonder what the price tag would be? WHG for Herz?

Victor Oladipo
    Tobias Harris
    Mo Harkless
    Dewayne Dedmon
    E'Twaun Moore
    Kyle O'Quinn
    J.J. Redick
    Ryan Anderson
    Marcin Gortat
    Shabazz Napier

How much do you think Scott Perry was involved with this train wreck? Funny that Mills and Perry talk about developing a winning culture but Skiles complained about just that when he quit.

Veteran

How much do you think Scott Perry was involved with this train wreck? Funny that Mills and Perry talk about developing a winning culture but Skiles complained about just that when he quit.
    He deserves lots of blame(Rob the majority) because as you state when Skiles quit one of the things that leaked...he was being told who to play from above(mgmt). Like seriously the nerve of them. I've spoke on Orlando several times on this forum not glowingly and this won't change for a while.

This is a franchise who once again in review...

Traded Tobias Harris for Brandon Jennings and Illyasova...Skiles was tired of the young pieces not working and this is the trade they rocked with?

Traded Victor Oladipo, Illaysova, and draft rights to Sabonis(lol) for Ibaka and then flipped Ibaka for Terrence Ross and 2017 pick(25th which was traded for future OKC assets in 2020 a best case scenario of 21st and 31st picks because of protections<-------(all done less than a yr)
    I believe Perry was there for most of it...hired by Kings in April 2017 with exception to when the 25th pick was traded which was on draft night in June(he was doing work for Kings then)

This completes my investigation

What a game today... Fla St at Duke. Total back and forth.... Bagley and Duvall were insane. At one point, Fla St was 16-25 from downtown. Duke wins 100-93, only bc Seminoles went cold final 3 minutes. Best game of the year so far (in college).