Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131428 ... LastLast
    Veteran

I have a bad feeling this is going to be one of these situations where we think this guy is going to fall to us and then his stock rises and he goes before our pick.

I still remember the pain when KW fell in draft and then nearly landed in our laps... only to watch SA swoop in and suddenly we’re stuck with I-Shump

This year is a nice draft class. There’s at least 9 quality prospects.

Veteran

Originally Posted by mafra
    This year is a nice draft class. There’s at least 9 quality prospects.
    so was last year... n we end up with frank nitti....

Originally Posted by paris401
    The kid may turn into something but he's young and raw. I hope the Knicks learn something after drafting Nits and take a more seasoned player like Bridges of Villanova, a junior that has gone through a period of development and is closer to a finished product than Nits is.

12th man

The truth be said .. the Knicks dont need anymore Guards .. the Knicks got a hand full by having CLee n THJ one-way performance guiding 4 young guards in Mudiay Burke Knits n Dotson .... all the Knicks losses this season are from having consistent poor performances from both forwards positions on offense/defense.

“Let’s say we wind up with the number 9 pick. Mikal Bridges and the top seven (DeAndre Ayton, Luka Doncic, Jaren Jackson Jr., Marvin Bagley III, Michael Porter Jr., Trae Young and Mohamed Bamba) are all gone. Do you trade down or keep the pick?”

“Mikal Bridges and the Top Seven” sounds like a Motown one-hit wonder.

These are all 15 #9 draft picks from 2003 through last June: Michael Sweetney (sounding and looking better after rookie-year struggles that went way beyond basketball), Andre Iguodala, Ike Diogu, Patrick O’Bryant, Joakim Noah, D.J. Augustin, DeMar DeRozan, Gordon Hayward, Kemba Walker, Andre Drummond, Trey Burke, Noah Vonleh, Frank Kaminsky, Jakob Poeltl, and Dennis Smith Chamberlain Bird Jordan Abdul-Jabbar Jr.

(Notice the bigges bust was a NYK selection).

They’ve played 91 seasons between them, with all but Diogu and the Notorious P.O.B. (that really is O’Bryant’s nickname!) having maintained a spot in the league since their draft days. Out of those 15 players and 91 seasons:

6 players have combined for 12 All-Star appearances.
    One player made an All-NBA First team (he was taken with the Knicks’ draft pick and is currently on the Knicks, so natch he made All-NBA with another team). Two others each made the Third Team once.
    One player won Finals MVP.
    One player won Defensive Player of the Year.
    Two players have combined for 5 All-Defense teams.
    One player sounds like but isn’t the dude the Knicks waived after trading Willy Hernangomez.
    Choose well at #9 and you can land a secondary star on a good team or a tertiary stud on a title contender. Choose poorly and 2009 happens. We’re all well-versed in the lamentations of Golden State landing Steph (nee Stephen) Curry one spot ahead of our beloved blue and orange. But do you remember whom the Knicks passed on when they took Jordan Hill?

What kind of deal could the Knicks make to trade down that’d be worthwhile? Five teams could end up with multiple first round picks. Two of Atlanta’s three picks belong to Minnesota and Houston; even if Jimmy Butler’s pick leads to a Timberwolf free-fall, those are low-value picks. Depending what happens with the Lakers’ ping-pong balls, either Philadelphia or Boston is going to end up with multiple picks, with Boston nabbing L.A.’s if it’s 2-5 and Philly netting it anywhere else; neither is likely to need anything the Knicks have to offer. Chicago has two picks, but since the existence of a loving God is compatible with an evil universe, the Knicks best pay heed to 30+ years of one-sided losses vs. the Bulls’ players and front offices and just avoid dealing with those Windy City Slickers altogether.

The Clippers currently hold the 12th and 14th picks. Phoenix has their own probable top-three pick plus #15 (c/o Miami) and #16 (c/o Milwaukee). If L.A. offered both picks for #9, I’d maybe consider it. The Knicks need young talent with upside on below-market deals. If you think it’s a 7-8 player draft and you’re slated to pick 9, adding two picks between 12 and 16 certainly maximizes stockpiling underpaid young talent.

If you think Porzingis is a good bet as a first banana or a second, you stay at #9 and you hope to draft that tertiary star, that Lamar Odom/Draymond Green/Chris Bosh-type. Then one day you land that big stud via trade or free agency (which never happens with this team, as borne out with Kareem [twice!], Dr. J, Michael Jordan and various LeBron iterations). So just wait 3-4 years for Ntilikina to reach MVP-levels, and voila! s’all good.

(TKB.com)

Veteran

Originally Posted by paris401
    Exactly this

Veteran

SEXY(pause)

Veteran

Originally Posted by Broadway
    SEXY(pause)

Okay, Okay!!!

12th man

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    The kid may turn into something but he's young and raw. I hope the Knicks learn something after drafting Nits and take a more seasoned player like Bridges of Villanova, a junior that has gone through a period of development and is closer to a finished product than Nits is.
    I like Bridges when PG Brunson is in the lineup with him .. the two players co-exist like winners on both sides of the court ....
    Pick em ???
    Ayers
    Doncic
    Bamba
    Jackson
    Bagley
    Young*
    Porter*
    Mikal Bridges

Calling the Buffalo/Arizona game an upset is an understatement. Arizona didn't get beat by a miracle shot or in a close game, they got slaughtered. Ayton's stock just fell I don't care what anyone says. Doncic moves up to number one.

Veteran

Calling the Buffalo/Arizona game an upset is an understatement. Arizona didn't get beat by a miracle shot or in a close game, they got slaughtered. Ayton's stock just fell I don't care what anyone says. Doncic moves up to number one.

I wouldn't go that far just yet with such a sweeping statement but if we're going to judge things equally it does provide reservation or pause to think this over more and more. Trae played really well in their first round game and lost a close one to RI(Oklahoma should've never been there to begin with..."politics as usual" ~ Jay-Z voice). Played undesirable down the stretch of season not sure if it was his fault or the poor coaching and makeup of their team. Meanwhile Ayton played great down the stretch but didn't step up when the moment mattered most

Teams will have to be careful but let's be honest certain prospects only fit on certain teams, while others are more seamless fits. I've been Pro Doncic almost day 1 because of his fit for our team, almost near perfect but Ayton could still be the best prospect from this draft class overall
    Last edited by Broadway; Mar 16, 2018 at 22:57.

Yeah, I wrote off Harden bc of his NCAA dud, then thought Derrick Williams was gonna be monster for upsetting Duke.

Sexton is starting to gain momentum for me, like a DeAaron Fox type.

Sexton and Knits would be a solid defensive backcourt

12th man

Bridges is on fire vs Alabama .. Sexton can't touch Bridges 2nd half performance

12th man

Ayton weak performance were the same as our Tired-KP weak performance clueless on low post movement .. Ayton will be lucky if he make the top 10 picks with the performance he put out vs Buffalo