New York vs Miami 02/09 Game Thread (L 110-116 OT)

rady

Administrator
Staff member
knicks_100.gif
vs
heat_100.gif

Lineups:

New York Knicks ( 19-29 ) :: 12-11 at MSG
stephon_marbury.jpg
trevor_ariza.jpg
nazr_mohammed.jpg
tim_thomas.jpg
kurt_thomas.jpg
herb_williams.jpg

Miami Heat ( 36-14 ) :: 16-19 on Road
damon_jones.jpg
dwyane_wade.jpg
shaquille_oneal.jpg
eddie_jones.jpg
udonis_haslem.jpg
stan_van_gundy.jpg

Game Time: 7:30 PM EST
TV: MSG, NBATV
Radio: 1050 ESPN

Game Recap:
Knicks 110 - Heat 116

Blumatic

Rotation player
NYKnicks15 said:
damn close one though. if all of our losses came like that i wouldnt be so angry. good play though

I second that. but damn. I get so torn to whether i want this team to lose or not. If we lose we improve our lottery position but I love when the win and play well doing it. Are they still competing for the playoffs? Or do they want lottery. Well I'll just keep hope alive untill the are mathametically eliminated. I dont know what direction to take with this team.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
hmm... looks like i was a bit too harsh on them on the recap teaser. still, they couldn't go pass the overtime.. they shouldn't even have gone there, it was a winnable game.. too bad for the effort. marbury is having some good games, kt also..

Trin_Starr

Starter
I thought when you're playing at home you're supposed to get the benefit of the calls made by refs. The foul on Ariza by Shaq in the 4th wasn't called and then the perfect block by sweetney against wade in the 4th was called a foul - The knicks got some tough breaks - Where is the DC area sniper when you need him - he should be taking out those fools when they mess up a call!

I applaud the knicks effort tho. It was a fun game to watch.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Good game, sadly same ol' results. Knicks are way better when they pass the ball. I feel bad for Penny, cause he sometimes really gets no lift, or legs if you under his shot. If the Knicks can limit the silly turnovers, and communicate more on boths sides of the floor, they be back in this thing.

JaDaMeL05

Benchwarmer
rady said:
hmm... looks like i was a bit too harsh on them on the recap teaser. still, they couldn't go pass the overtime.. they shouldn't even have gone there, it was a winnable game.. too bad for the effort. marbury is having some good games, kt also..
Yeah, u were a little harsh. Before this game the Knicks were 3-0 in overtime.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
you're right.. i was so dissapointed after this game that i confused some games lost in the 4th with OTs :rolling: