Default Mindaugas Kuzminskas appreciation thread

The Knicks waived forward Mindaugas Kuzminskas on Sunday to clear space on the roster for center Joakim Noah, whose 20-game suspension for violating the NBA’s anti-drug policy ends Monday.

“The respect this franchise has for Mindaugas cannot be overstated,” general manager Scott Perry said in a statement. “His professionalism and work ethic were greatly appreciated by his teammates, coaches and the entire staff. This decision was extremely tough for us. We wish him nothing but the best.”
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

FYI: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Veteran

Kuz was a PJ guy, so that didn’t help here. Kuz was given absolutely no chance during games this season to keep his roster spot with his play. Not really fair, but business is business I suppose.

Somewhat of a surprise for me. He was making more than Sessions and he's younger, plus I thought you could get an asset back for him and the Knicks would look to trade him later. You also have Baker who you can't trade as depth at PG if you let Sessions go. Kuz may not get picked up after clearing waivers so he's probably headed back to Europe.

Yeah.... keeping Sessions is a head scratcher. But we have more depth at SF (LT, MB and McDerm) than PG.

Good team player last year. Should’ve gotten minutes this year, specially cuz Beasley is inconsistent. Anyway, good luck to Kuzminskas wherever he plays next!

Veteran

Originally Posted by htr10
    Kuz was a PJ guy, so that didn’t help here. Kuz was given absolutely no chance during games this season to keep his roster spot with his play. Not really fair, but business is business I suppose.
    So sad this team thought more of Micheal Beasley a totally unnecessary signing over this so-called classy kid. He also spent a lot of time with #kporzee in the off-season. I have to believe he'll get picked up by someone and be a bright spot for their team

He will be missed

Veteran

Originally Posted by Broadway
    So sad this team thought more of Micheal Beasley a totally unnecessary signing over this so-called classy kid. He also spent a lot of time with #kporzee in the off-season. I have to believe he'll get picked up by someone and be a bright spot for their team

Originally Posted by mafra
    Yeah.... keeping Sessions is a head scratcher. But we have more depth at SF (LT, MB and McDerm) than PG.

Don't forget we have this guy up in Westchester, a guy thats got a couple of years of NBA experience, I thought this was a Trey highlight video the number of times they mentioned his name. He also dropped 43 in a game it seems. Anyway I hope Kuz gets picked up by someone.

These are the teams that can pick him up off waivers. A factor whether he stays in the NBA is if he clears waivers will anyone offer him a salary that approaches the 3M he was making, he may go back to Europe if he only gets vet min offers when he clears waivers.