Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Utah Jazz 7:30 11/15/2017 [Game #14]

Rodney Hood?s big game tonight is what has made this a game for Utah. We stop him and we can take this. Back down by 2.

mafra

Legend
Frank and kp set up
McDerm for uncontested 3s.... but Doug bricks them both. Then it's 1-on-1 time.... Frank has his **** blocked, Lee bricks a layup.... Frank even bricks a FT attempt.

But Timmy makes layup on a fast break.... 94-93 NY

Kiyaman

Legend
Hood is abusing us.... 23 points already. And he's going to FT line to shoot 3 shots.... He's outscored our bench by almost 20.

We're getting nothing from our bench at home for 2 games now. This is bad.

Horn has been playing a 6 n half man rotation for 3 quarters .. favoring the starter lineup n Mcderm for playing time .. we supposed to be a young-player team that give 10 players decent minutes per game.

jimkcchief88

All Star
DM has 17 points and 2 assist.
Frank has 2 points and 0 assists.

Trading for Bargnani (and watching DEN take Murray with our pick) 2 years ago....

Then passing on DM for Frank....

These 2 front office blunders probably have already derailed the KP plan.

I mean, had we taken Murray and Mitchell.... this team probably ready to battle for EC crown next season.

As it stands now, we may not even be ready come 2020.
Sad.

But fact is DM is a legit starting G right now.... Frank is barely a backup.

That was my only point with the blaming everything on Melo nonsense. Our front office is stupid and has been for years. I don?t trust them with rebuilding. I hope Frank turns out as he seems like a nice kid and a nice story. But too trust our front office to draft...to tank for years and leave the draft to them...Lebron spelled it out, then whooped us to boot...um um um:(

Utah comes right back with 2 straight shots. Lead is now only 1 with a little over 1 minute to go and we have the ball. Let?s go Knicks!

mafra

Legend
KP, the NBA leader in 4th quarter scoring, sinks 2 FTs then goes BANG from downtown.

But Timmy takes a horrible shot from 3.... Ingles hits a 3.... KP misses a 3.... Rubio goes swish.

6 point lead evaporate in a moment bc Timmy and KP took bad shots.

NY up 99-98 with a minute to go and they have the ball.

THJ hits a huge 3 to increase the lead to 4 with 32 seconds to go after a crazy sequence. Officials got call right and appropriately reset shot clock after an earlier miss from us, despite Utah?s complaints.

KP forces the turnover from Mitchell and we have the ball back with a 4 point lead and 27 seconds to go. Run clock and hit free throws and we can close this one out.

mafra

Legend
DM turns it over. He only has 2 points in the second half.

Frank makes me eat my words as he proves to be the better player down the stretch, with game on the line.

tiger0330

Legend
8-0 run punctuated by KP 3 puts the Knicks up by 6 with 2 mins left but Ingles and Rubio score 5 straight to cut the lead to 1. Hardaway makes a long 3 on a scramble play when Dougie goes to the floor to corral a loose ball and tosses the ball out to mid court where THJ catches it and knocks down his critical 3. Knicks up 102-98 30 secs left.

mafra

Legend
Timmy with 27-6-6. He's beginning to look like he's sort of worth that 70 mil.

Lee looks like he hurt something.

Lead is 3 with THJ going to the line with less than a second to go. Lee looks hurt, limping around the court.