Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Were they sleep walking? No desire to play at all from KP, as if somebody forced him to play the game. No defence, no shooting.... were they partying late night?

1st Quarter: KP is 0-6. Ntikilina turnover and then bad foul gifts 6 to TOR. NYK missed a dunk and 4 layups. Refs gift TOR 5 FTs (McDermott didn't foul Miles, and nobody touched DeRozan and even if they did he was dribbling, not shooting).

Terrible effort for NYK and KP. Toronto defenders allowed to shove, push, and stiff arm and we allowed them to dictate our action.

2nd Quarter: All NYK shooters not named Jack are 3-28 until Frank drains a 3.

After all the physical contact allowed by refs, I'm still flummoxed as to how ref called a foul on Dougie when CJ Miles obviously and purposely jumped into the defender. Terrible call. Then again that same ref misses the worst and most blatant travel ever (Lowry slipped and dragged his pivot foot about 3 feet).

Looks like Knicks have a lot of Ls coming folks. We won't win many road games.

It's 42-23 and I think I've seen enough already.

“We realized this game that he energy we get from the home crowd, we’re not going to get that on the road,” Porzingis said. “You got to find the energy from the inside.”

The Knicks’ starting five combined to shoot 18 for 50.

“We missed shots we usually make and let that affect our defense,’’ Hornacek said. “They got easy ones by just running. They played harder, cut harder — something on the road that we can’t have happen.”

If you're not on the tank bandwagon, brace yourself. This season will spiral out of control quickly come Jan (when NY plays a ton of road games).

Between all the road games and KP's body inability to stay fresh after Oct-Nov.... An avg KP, along with Jack-Lee backcourt combo, and road games means this team will, most likely, be close to ten games under .500 by the All-Star game.

Come March.... our focus will be begging for a high lottery pick.

The Knicks mustered just 36 points in the first half, shooting 22.9 percent (11 of 48) — their worst percentage in a half since Dec. 7, 2005.

“We let our offense affect us on the defensive end,’’ Enes Kanter said.
    Last edited by mafra; Nov 17, 2017 at 23:01.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    “We realized this game that he energy we get from the home crowd, we’re not going to get that on the road,” Porzingis said. “You got to find the energy from the inside.”

The Knicks’ starting five combined to shoot 18 for 50.

“We missed shots we usually make and let that affect our defense,’’ Hornacek said. “They got easy ones by just running. They played harder, cut harder — something on the road that we can’t have happen.”

If you're not on the tank bandwagon, brace yourself. This season will spiral out of control quickly come Jan (when NY plays a ton of road games).

Between all the road games and KP's body inability to stay fresh after Oct-Nov.... An avg KP, along with Jack-Lee backcourt combo, and road games means this team will, most likely, be close to ten games under .500 by the All-Star game.

Come March.... our focus will be begging for a high lottery pick.

The Knicks mustered just 36 points in the first half, shooting 22.9 percent (11 of 48) — their worst percentage in a half since Dec. 7, 2005.

“We let our offense affect us on the defensive end,’’ Enes Kanter said.
    One of those games. Still so far I'd rather be where the Knicks are w/o Melo than OKC with Melo, OKC blew a 23 pt lead to lose to SA. Melo missed 2 18 ft jumpers down the stretch and his toe was barely on the 3 pt line when he took and made a tying 3 pt shot that replay confirmed was not a 3. ESPN guys called it a soul searching loss, that's a lot of salary on the books for a below .500 record.

For sure Tiger. We're a team now; not 'the Melo with a bunch of guys band' anymore.

I'm OK with the losing. The only way for us to turn this around is to secure 1 more lottery pick. Even then, we're gonna need a shrewd trade and a big free agent signing to complete the work.

Get a lottery pick and find a way to get Brandon Ingrahm from LAK. Then watch this team take off...

I'm not rooting for losses, but I see the big picture and the best route to get there.

Let's hope we find takers for Jack, Lee, one of our centers, MB.

I think we're learning that keeping Kanter and McDermott could be an option....

I just want to see Horn get these cats to buy into his system and to play defense. Keep seeing a team.

I also think KP should have his elbow drained. If it keeps festering and bothering him.... just care of it before he starts to pick up bad habits.

What I found encouraging is that all the players were saying the right things after the loss. I can see a changing locker room culture.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    Kurt Vonnegut

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post

Between all the road games and KP's body inability to stay fresh after Oct-Nov.... .
    i said in the begining of the season (and last season too), give KP 15/20-25 games of the 'brothers' pounding his ass every nite and see if he's still standing... so far it doesnt look too promising.... summer weight training or not... he's shawn bradley... with a wee bit more skill...

Veteran

I wouldn’t read that much into this loss. Toronto is a top team and they killed us on their home court. How we bounce back from this will be more telling in my eyes.

This game proves that any elite team can blow out the Knicks on any given night. The only reason why we looked good against the Cavs for seven quarters was because they were not taking us seriously. At the end of the day the Knicks have to do what's best for the long term.
    Humility is a virtue and pride is a vice.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by paris401 View Post
    i said in the begining of the season (and last season too), give KP 15/20-25 games of the 'brothers' pounding his ass every nite and see if he's still standing... so far it doesnt look too promising.... summer weight training or not... he's shawn bradley... with a wee bit more skill...
    Too early in the season for fatigue to be a reason for this mini 3 game slump more likely the law of average catching up with him after his hot start. Come on, he's not Shawn Bradley but I've been saying his game hasn't changed much other than he shoots a higher pct of mid-range shots this year.

Watching that Raptors game the book on him is still the same as last year, crowd him and take away his air space, just what Siakma and even Lowry did with him. KP as a big man, still a work in progress.

12th man

I am not going to JUSTIFY this road LOSS .. We Loss this game at tip-off, we were out played in every part of the game.
    Jeff Hornacek is a BUM !!!
    We have no-team development in our young-core players to co-exist with their teammates.

The Toronto Craptors were without two of their starters and still found it easy to win the game in the first quarter.
    The only people to enjoy this game from tip-off to the final seconds were Craptors fans ..
    Coach Casey formed a well rounded Craptors team in 15 games by coaching 13 players into his 10 man game rotation.
    I thought with Ibaka DNP .. our tandem of Kanter n KP would have no problems putting points up on the board, was i wrong .. the craptors 2nd season player Pascal Siakam 34 minute performance of being physical on Kanter n KP made me see all the punk in KP .. the previous KP is back! When KP shot 1-8 early in the first half of the game the first thing came to my mind was our previous HYPE KP are back!
    And KP did not let me down shooting his career 30% fg, grabbing 4 rebounds and zero assists in 35 minute of playing-time. The 2 yr losing KP is back after 10 hype-up games .. fans n announcers will have all kinds of excuses for KP .. arm injury in the D.Howard Game .. KP need 3 or 4 games off to rest his injuries.
    What KP need is a decrease of minutes per game, until the coach could develop some scoring moves for him, a few design screens for KP to go around to shoot over shorter opponents. There's no reason why THJ and KP has not worked out a pick n role they could use twice in a game with the PG help, because both of their poor passing skills has become a Knicks weakness.

Jeff Hornacek fake coaching showed how clueless our starter lineup one on one offense/defense worked on a physical elite Craptors team. Plus our bench players seemed kind of happy we were getting blowed-out and garbage time came early in the game to force Jeff to give them a couple of minute playing-time to show us Knicks fans how lost they were on the court together in a lineup. Having a small-rotation on a young-core crew team, when our young-core players NEED playing-time minutes to advance their skills to co-exist with teammates in a rotation.

For those who dont understand why Jeff is a BUM .. there's many reasons ..
    1) Noah's experience n team leadership under coach Thibs should have receive 12 to 15 minute of playing-time the first game he was off of suspension.
    2) Noah's 12 game suspension were the reason we should have used those 12 games to develop a 2nd unit bench lineup.
    3) Then having Noah's leadership skills help us divide our 2 unit lineup into a 9 man co-existing rotation throughout the season.
    4) Jeff should have made a lineup of C/F-Quinn & C/F-WHG to replace Kanter n KP. Why?
    Because our starter lineup has 3 guards (PG-Jack/SG-Lee/SG-THJ) and no SF.
    5) Willy aka WHG and rookie Dotson are scorers that belong in our rotation more than Beasley, plus they are good for 4 to 6 fouls on opponents that has a poor shooting % from the FT line.

I definitely wanna see more of Willy when we're struggling on offense.

There's also no point of sitting our young players when we're in a developmental year.

In my eyes Hornacek is ok for now. the second we go on a 4 game losing streak then we should fire his ass.

It is strange how we lose faith very fast when we lose a game. KP is a great player and like other players he can get injured or have an off night(s). the team is heading in the right direction. KP numbers will dip as they are starting to double him, he needs to start adjusting to that too.
    The foul on KP with Lowry was funny, he is half KPs size so it is normal when you stick your head in his chest that you might get caught with an elbow, but KP didn't extend his arms...