Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Los Angeles Clippers 7:30 11/20/2017 [Game #16]

mafra

Legend
Tonight showed the gulf between an executive like Phil Jax and Scott Perry.

PJax almost dealt Melo for Rivers (but amazingly Doc vetoed it).

Perry gets McDerms and Kanter.

Tonight was arguable the best defensive performance I've seen from NYK in a while. Sure helps LAC doesn't have a G to boast of.

NYK offense was awful for the first 2.5 quarters.... Ntikkina worst game yet.... But credit NY for responding to evert run LAC had.

Kanter and KP outplayed Blake and DJ. First time We've beaten LAC in 6 years.

mafra

Legend
?I?m just having more fun than I?ve ever done with this team. It?s just I can?t explain,? McDermott, who previously played on two playoff teams in OKC and Chicago, said. ?It?s a very unselfish group. A great young team. I haven?t been part of a team like this since I?ve been in the league.?

mafra

Legend
Knicks starting lineup the last time they beat the Clippers:

Tyson Chandler
Amare Stoudemire
Carmelo Anthony
Iman Shumpert
Baron Davis

This is the third time the Knicks have won by 20 points this year. Can you guess how many 20-point wins NYK had last year? Well, that would be zero, 0, zippo!

6 NYKs score in double figures.

mafra

Legend
Frank Ntilikina has a valid excuse to explain his worst performance as a Knick on Monday night against the Clippers.

The rookie point guard was experiencing flu-like symptoms for two or three days prior to Monday's contest, and though he tried to play through them, Ntilikina knew he was only hurting the team. He went straight to head coach Jeff Hornacek in the fourth quarter, and told him to keep him on the bench.

"Frank's under the weather," Hornacek told The Post's Marc Berman. "He's been fighting it two, three days now. He just didn't have it tonight. He was fine with it. He actually said, 'I'm not helping the team now.' Frank's a smart player. He realized he didn't have enough energy. He sacrificed. He could've gone back in there and still played but it gave Ramon [Sessions] a chance."