Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Atlanta Hawks - 11/24/17

Closing in on the 1st quarter mark of the NBA season, there are 3 truly terrible teams: Chicago Bulls, Dallas Mavericks, and the Atlanta Hawks.

Plain and simple, a hungry team trying to claim legitimacy as a playoff contender can?t lose to one of these teams. Classic trap game. Everyone needs to step up, especially KP and THJ, and we need to just crush Atlanta tonight.

Let?s go Knicks!

Kiyaman

Legend
Thanks for the GAME-Thread htr 10 .... Time to do some BIG stepping on ATL .. Kanter out .. Quinn Starting .. Maybe Noah will get some minutes

and1

Rotation player
knicks looking GOOD! lee on fire, willy on fire. even with kanter out we're off to a good start.
do NOT let up off the gas pedal. crush the pigeons!

Even on their home court, Atlanta looks pretty inept. Big 1st quarter for Lee and KP and we lead 39 - 24. Let's just bury them and end this as early as possible.

Kiyaman

Legend
Horn not letting 5 Knick bench players form a bench lineup vs the Hawks takes away my notion of Horn being a keeper coach ..
I would have like to see WHG, Mcderm, Lance, Dotson, and Frank on the court for 6 to 8 minutes together .. we are playing the Lottery ATL Hawks

Kiyaman

Legend
Frank's D drives the turnover, the fast break, and the And-1 for Hardaway. That's impact.
I have not seen such an alert team on both ends .. they ALWAYS are ready to take advantage of a moment .. Its hard to remember a 2-way Knicks team at that mental level .. I still wonder why coach Horn keep holding back giving playingtime to some of our skillful bench players

Great offensive effort in the 1st half, but defense has been lazy in the 2nd quarter. We only lead 67 - 59. Lead should be much bigger.

and1

Rotation player
so the pigeons close the gap pretty fast to start the 2nd half.
interesting fact: marc berman appears yet again for the halftime interview on espn radio.
last time he did that the knicks completely fell apart in the 2nd half of that 2nd game against the cavs.
ban marc berman!

Kiyaman

Legend
The Hawks closing the gap to take a 3 pt lead to end the 3rd quarter show the reason i dont want Horn head coach next season .. this small rotation on back to back road games show signs of tanking or injuries

knicksin60

Starter
We are not a playoff team.Come back to me when we learn how to beat garbage lottery teams on the road.I am praying that Scott Perry gets lucky and drafts an all star with the the 14th overall pick.

Kiyaman

Legend
If we lose this game because Horn gave a few of the Knicks starters 30 minute of playing time before the 4th quarter began, playing a small rotation vs a lottery team when we need to play a 10 man rotation vs the Hawks because we have to fly to Houston to play the Rox tomorrow .. means Horn will TANK both these games sorry MF coach

We are not a playoff team.Come back to me when we learn how to beat garbage lottery teams on the road.I am praying that Scott Perry gets lucky and drafts an all star with the the 14th overall pick.

Things won?t happen overnight. We?re a good home team and a bad road team. It?s better than I expected. People worry too much about the 2018 draft.

The last guy we drafted who made an all-star team was David Lee (who we drafted 12 years ago) and that was as an injury replacement. Hopefully, KP can keep himself together enough to do it this year. Highly doubt our salvation is in the 2018 draft.

and1

Rotation player
and now we go square off against the rockets.
sorry, but the knicks are looking a hell of a lot better than EVERYBODY thought they would.
i have to give coach a lot of credit for that. we're not a great team yet. we will lose games like this, and we will also win games like the most recent game against toronto.

This game was like watching recent prior versions of the Knicks. Instead of playing tough defense and letting that spark the offense, we played for stats on offense and left the defensive effort back in NY.

We?re the Eastern Conference parallel to OKC, tough at home and bad on the road.

Funny thing about this game is that if Hawks fans are anywhere near as obsessed as fans on here about the 2018 draft, man are they pissed tonight. Keeping pace with Bulls and Mavericks is going to be tough at the bottom this year.