Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Miami Heat Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Miami Heat 7:30 11/29/2017 [Game #21]

(10-10) -- (10-10)

Venue TV TIME
    Madison Square Garden, New York, NY MSG 7:30 PM EST

Probable starters:

Injury Report

Miami Heat New York Knicks
    Rodney McGruder - Left tibia surgery (OUT) Enes Kanter - Back spasms (QUEST)
    Okaro White - Left foot surgery (OUT) -
    - -

Game Preview

One day after traveling to face one of the premier power forwards in the league, the Miami Heat tangle with another Wednesday night at Madison Square Garden.

On Tuesday, it was Kevin Love of the Cleveland Cavaliers who did the damage, scoring 38 points in a 108-97 victory over the Heat in a game that featured the first ejection of LeBron James' storied career. It was also Dwyane Wade's first game against his former team.

In its showdown with the New York Knicks on Wednesday, Miami must find a way to contain Kristaps Porzingis, the NBA's fourth-leading scorer.

Worse for the Heat, they probably will face not one but two of the Knicks' imposing inside forces.

Enes Kanter is expected to return to the New York starting lineup after missing three games with lower back spasms. The Knicks went 0-3 without Kanter, who is averaging 13.6 points and 10.2 rebounds on the year.

Kanter was itching to play Monday in New York's 103-91 home loss to Portland, but was held out by team doctors.

"I won't be 100 percent Wednesday," Kanter said after the loss to the Trail Blazers. "Again, I cannot -- if they don't give me the green light (I won't play)."

With Kanter sidelined, reserve center Kyle O'Quinn moved into the lineup and performed admirably offensively and on the glass, averaging 10 points and 10.7 rebounds, but Kanter has developed a smooth rapport with Porzingis defensively this season and his presence was missed.

"If they would have given me the green light, I definitely would have played (on Monday)," Kanter said. "I practiced this morning but they said I wasn't ready. It is tough sitting in the locker room."

Miami, which won four of five before the big loss at Cleveland, knows what it's like to be without its best inside defender, too. Hassan Whiteside, averaging 15.2 points and 12.6 rebounds, missed five games early in the season and the Heat went 2-3.

With Whiteside sidelined, Miami was forced to turn to Goran Dragic, as it has for much of the season, particularly lately. Dragic is averaging 19.2 points, 4.6 assists and 4.2 rebounds, and had a run of three straight 20-point games snapped by the Cavaliers, who held him to seven points on 1-of-5 shooting. For his three-game run, Dragic was awarded Eastern Conference player of the week honors last week.

"It's great to be recognized, to put a lot of hard work in," Dragic told reporters in Cleveland. "This award is not only for me, it's for the whole team, coaching staff, teammates that put me in the right spot so I can be at my best."

The Knicks are getting improved play out of their backcourt as well. Tim Hardaway Jr. has averaged nearly 22 points per game in his last four contests, with two of his eight 20-point games for the season. Hardaway had a career-high 38 points in New York's last win, a 108-100 victory over Toronto last Wednesday.

(cbssports.com via STATS)

Veteran

Thanks again, Rady.

Please, sweet baby Jesus, who is a baby and full of love, let us play well tonight and win this stupid game. Please, let us shake this yearly tradition of being 0.500 or better at the 20 game mark of the season and then turning to complete garbage for the last 50 to 60 games of the season. Let's go Knicks!

12th man

Thanks for the Game-Thread Rady .... Kanter was misssed!
    Why Horn only gave 3 minutes to Noah?
    Why Horn hasnt practice putting Noah n WHG in the same lineup since last season?
    We do have a 3 guard starter lineup that a frontline of Noah n WHG could co-exist in with Noah's leadership.

Whiteside and JJ does a good job holding down the Heats front-line defense .. which means KP will stay on the perimeter

Veteran

Less than 3 minutes into the game, KP goes down with an ankle injury. He heads to the locker room and is presumably done for the game.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Less than 3 minutes into the game, KP goes down with an ankle injury. He heads to the locker room and is presumably done for the game.
    Just tuned in and was wondering if he didn't start. The kid has his share of nicks and dings. The ability to stay on the court like Westbrook, Harden and Lebron is underrated, KP does not appear to possess that iron man quality like those 3.

Veteran

Despite the early KP injury, excellent 1st quarter for us. We lead 33 - 22. Lee continues to play extremely well.

12th man

NO KP and NO Frank !!!

Veteran

Hmm. KP with sprained ankle only and apparently coming back to the bench. I wonder if they will risk playing him again tonight.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Hmm. KP with sprained ankle only and apparently coming back to the bench. I wonder if they will risk playing him again tonight.
    I wouldn't esp with Kanter back. The team looks completely different with him back in the lineup. Give his minutes to Noah, Horn should see if he can contribute, he may be better than WHG.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    I wouldn't esp with Kanter back. The team looks completely different with him back in the lineup. Give his minutes to Noah, Horn should see if he can contribute, he may be better than WHG.
    Yeah, having Kanter back has had a huge impact. KPís scoring can be pieced together with other guys, but Kanterís impact on the offensive glass is hard to replace.

12th man

Kanter has 8rbs already 5 mins left in the half. Correct me if I'm wrong but in the 3 games he was out did anyone have 8rbs for a game?

12th man

Well Noah isn't dressed so he's not coming in for anyone, one of our big guys has to get hurt before we see him.

12th man

We playing old-school b.ball by getting to the FT line in the first half .. rather than everyone jack-up those silly 3s

12th man

Wtf was that with Beasley, he mistimes his jump on a RB off a FT and loses it to MIA. Don't think I've ever seen that before, dude isnt coming back next year.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Well Noah isn't dressed so he's not coming in for anyone, one of our big guys has to get hurt before we see him.
    Noah played a G League game today so they made him inactive for tonight.