Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Miami Heat 7:30 11/29/2017 [Game #21]

Kiyaman

Legend
Kanter has 8rbs already 5 mins left in the half. Correct me if I'm wrong but in the 3 games he was out did anyone have 8rbs for a game?

+
No! because Horn did not give Quinn nor WHG above 5 straight minutes on the court .. Horn gave both big men spot minutes here then spot minutes there .. Horn substitution for Quinn n WHG were in and out then in n out of each game rotation .. Hell! he only let Noah get 3 minutes LOL

The Heats without Whiteside are weak .. the Cavs didnt need Lebron to win .. we dont need KP to win lol

Kiyaman

Legend
Kanter is here to stay.... he's much better than WHG. Rebounds like Rodman but has offensive post moves. A leader with attitude. Tough. A swap of Kanter for Melo was worth it... let's hope CHI gives us the first pick in second round!

A blowout withou KP? Wow.

I recall OKC striking oil when they grabbed Kanter from the Jazz (same as Boston grabbing Hayward) ..
OKC is playing the worst kind of b.ball after trading Kanter for Melo

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks up by 24 3rd qtr. shooting 68%. Quinn throws up a heave from 17 ft with JJ in his face just to beat the shot clock and it goes in. A good night at MSG.

tiger0330

Legend
Disappointing to me because Frank is a lottery pick but he is the 3rd best PG behind both Jack and Sessions. I had higher hopes for him thinking he would start sometime this season, I don't think that happens this season. I could even see him going down to the GL to get playing time if the Knicks are in the thick of it and need to put their best players out there.

tiger0330

Legend
Dougie with the emphatic baseline dunk off the dribble 6-6 shooting. I think the Knicks keep him and move on from Beas end of season.

mafra

Legend
3 days off for NYK, then 5 games in 8 days.

I think Knicks were 14-10 last year before season imploded in Jan.

Knicks benefit so far from so many home games.... basically, starting in Jan, 31 of final 51 games will be on the road.

tiger0330

Legend
I tuned in late but I just saw that KP ankle injury, looked a little like Hayward's ankle injury, ankle turned 90 degrees to his leg but no break. Very fortunate it wasn't worse.

mafra

Legend
All 13 active NYK players score points tonight. Crazy. All but 4 had a rebound and all but 3 had an assist. The team had 26 assists tonight and had 88 points after 3 quarters (having made only 3 three-pointers).

Kiyaman

Legend
Disappointing to me because Frank is a lottery pick but he is the 3rd best PG behind both Jack and Sessions. I had higher hopes for him thinking he would start sometime this season, I don't think that happens this season. I could even see him going down to the GL to get playing time if the Knicks are in the thick of it and need to put their best players out there.

Frank has it all .. Frank only need NBA playing-time under a developing-coach

and1

Rotation player
so our 2nd unit shows up tonight and we win the game. go figure.
we faced a team with the same record as us and we beat them soundly. i kinda like that.
they didn't have whiteside, but we lost KP after 2 or 3 minutes. solid win.
the heat may have been tired from road games, but hey nobody ever gives us any excuses so i'm not giving anyone else excuses.
hopefully our 2nd unit continues to show up. we're going to need that in a big way come the end of december and all through january.
sunday is revenge day!

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
We are a work in progress, everyone. Slowly but surely we will build a great contender. We just gotta continue to play team basketball.

When someone as great as KP goes down, the rest of the players have to step up. And thats what happened versus the Heat.

Team Ball and Defense, the 2 most important things we need to continue to perfect. Everything else will follow.