Noah and Dotson competing on the G-League team

nixon7

Benchwarmer
I think it is brilliant to use the G league team in this manner, not just to develop young players, but accomplish other team goals, such as get Noah ready for more use.

tiger0330

Legend
We got those 2 two way contracts in Kornet and Hicks, I'm hoping we can bring them down for a look and Trey is lighting up the DLeague, I'd like to see him play when teams can begin those 10 day contracts in Jan.

tiger0330

Legend
More intrigued by Kornet and Trey than Hicks, mainly because they bring specific high value skills, whereas Hicks is more of an all around prospect.

This hit piece on Noah reminds me of how much I hate Marc Berman: [ https://nypost.com/2017/11/29/a-rusty-joakim-noah-shows-how-far-hes-plunged/ ]
Props to Noah for going down to the G-League, not many vets would do it.

Like Berman wrote, I said I expected Noah to be waived and stretched, I thought it would happen at the trade deadline but it probably makes sense to do it in the off-season, with the remote possibility that he can be traded and the Knicks don't gain anything in cap space whether they trade him this February or before the Aug deadline to waive his final 2 years. I'd like to see him get playing time in the mean time, 18M sitting on the bench does the Knicks no good and maybe he can contribute some rebounding and defense to the team.

mafra

Legend
I see no need to stretch Noah. Why bother? Unless we absolutely need the cap space to sign a significant free agent.... what?s the point?

Just eat it the next 2 years and be done with him. Otherwise, Noah is on the books until 2023.

Clearing cap space to sign a courtney lee or Michael Beasley does nothing for me.

tiger0330

Legend
The decision to stretch Noah will depend on how the Knicks do this year standings wise. Lottery team in a 30 win season we probably keep Noah and let his contract expire. Contending and needing pieces to fill around KP, sharpen the pencil and see what cap space you get by stretching Noah in an effort to sign a FA to help. CLee has turned into a good signing imo, Frank I'm less happy about unless he blossoms overnight. I'd take DSJ, DM and even Monk over Frank at this point.

mafra

Legend
Yeah, it?s hard to fathom how paid professionals (who are supposedly experts when it comes to evaluating prospects) thought it made sense to draft Ntikilina over Mitchell, Monk, and DSJ. It boggles the mind, especially when you consider we never ever worked the kid out beforehand.

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
Patience my friends. It took Nowitzki and Giannis 3 years each to become good players. 5 years for steve nash.

I think in 3 years Frank will be Khawi Leonard at the PG position.