Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Memphis Grizzlies 7:30 12/6/2017 [Game #24]

Broadway

All Star
This is one of those wins that drive you batty and hurts team in the long run. CLee dropping 24 is nice, only if it creates some trade value. But these wins are like the wins Al Harrington and Larry Hughes and Chris Duhon brought us.... who wants to finish with 33
wins? How does that help improve our future outlook.

Couldn't agree more

There is never a better time than now than to trade Lee while his value is peaked. I think Dec 15th is the date trading opens. Hoping we start gutting sooner rather than later.

and1

Rotation player
this dude keeps cracking me up with his lines.

attachment.php

Attachments

• theLinePart3.jpg
    theLinePart3.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 23
This fanbase can?t enjoy a win. Rather watch us get killed than have fun and watch us play well. People upset that we haven?t started tanking when it?s not even 2018 yet. Hearing this every game instead of any enthusiasm for the team we have right now wears you down after a while.

pat

Starter
Ntikkina scores 8 points even tho he had 8 FT attempts? 3 turnovers to 2 assists? Is the kid getting worse each game?

This kid is clearly not ready to contribute anything on offense. A shame when we have to watch DM light it up every night. I mean, if the kid had any real “lottery” talent it would show at least 1 time in 82 games.... I wager to guess the kid won’t score 20 points in a game until 2020.

Clearly Lebron got into his head. I am confident he'll sort it out. You cannot teach effort and instincts. He go three steals. I would presume he'll be just fine in the long ran. If you want to tank, let him play. Dirk, Porzingis, Giannis they all needed time to adjust to the NBA.

and1

Rotation player
This fanbase can’t enjoy a win. Rather watch us get killed than have fun and watch us play well. People upset that we haven’t started tanking when it’s not even 2018 yet. Hearing this every game instead of any enthusiasm for the team we have right now wears you down after a while.

there's plenty of people in the fanbase that enjoy the wins. i know i enjoy the wins.
when the wins start to feel awful is if you have a bad record towards the end of the season and there's no chance at a playoff appearance.
it's still early, so i'm still feeling good about the wins.

there's plenty of people in the fanbase that enjoy the wins. i know i enjoy the wins.
when the wins start to feel awful is if you have a bad record towards the end of the season and there's no chance at a playoff appearance.
it's still early, so i'm still feeling good about the wins.

Yeah, I was being over dramatic. The irony is that some of the more positive fans have returned to posting regularly on the forums, while formerly positive-thinking fans like Tiger and Mafra are now super down on this team.

Broadway

All Star
Yeah, I was being over dramatic. The irony is that some of the more positive fans have returned to posting regularly on the forums, while formerly positive-thinking fans like Tiger and Mafra are now super down on this team.

I don't think Tig nor Maf are "super down" but may be more objective when weighing temporary success over long-term success. This team has never gone 0-82 nor 82-0 so obviously there are moments to be experienced high and low. I think if we were .500 and...Knits/kporzee/Kanter/Dotson/McDermott/WHG were collectively higher usage players moments of glee would bubble forth.

There's not a whole lot to be giddy over when journeymen such as Lee/Beasley/Thomas/Jacks are the linchpins to victories. The Nets are 3gms out of the 8th seed should their fans be hyped up that they may have a puncher's chance to make the playoffs?

Now I will agree maybe we shouldn't lament as much for picking Knits after every game he plays pedestrian while seeing other fellow draftees show legitimate life in their game. I've seen you bring up Mudiay quite a bit and "you could be right" that the guys we didn't pick end up on shaky ground down the road but I could fire back (I haven't until now) could easily do the same and say Knits can be just as overrated or protected with love for being nearly 1 dimensional like Shumpert and Toney Douglas

The thing is we've seen this before from Knick teams. They have their moments but even at their heights not even close to being good enough...

It was fun for a blip watching Nate Robinson go hard body with AI at The Garden, in the mix of a little scoring stretch

It was fun for a blip watching Lee and Duhon play patty cake with the best of them

It was fun watching Al Harrington pop his collar walking like a hooker to victories

It was fun watching J.R. Smith win gms in Melo's absence

It was fun watching Lin carry a team in superstar fashion

It was fun watching Steve Novak shoot like he was the first Steph Curry

It was fun watching Jamal drop 50 in efforts to save Isiah Thomas from being fired

It was fun watching Chandler come down the lane and Yoke on the "FORMIDABLE" championship Celtic team

It was fun watching Gallo dunk on Hibbert and the up and coming Pacers team as a rookie

At the end of the day although these players delivered some memorable moments, none of it was sustainable and all of them were marginal in some shape, form, or fashion. This has gone on almost for 2 decades. Please enjoy these wins bro don't let anything you deem negative ruin that but at the same time be realistic on what part of the fan base wants and what they see. Nothing is stopping all the happy fans from posting and speaking in depth what makes you EXCITED about this team

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
I hear what HTR10 is saying, it?s a downer to poo on a win.... or to root for failure during the season. I never watch a game hoping for a loss. Even when I?m content with the loss, it still stings while it happens.

I?m just so tired of minor victories... hoping the team is average.... I want something sustainable; mostly, tho, I want to start each season believing I have a shot to win it all that year.

Also, I want to enjoy what I?m seeing on the court... like the product.

This is why I?m not allowing myself to be deceived bc the team plays well for a half, or a game, or 2 weeks. I?m tired of inventing ways to get inspired about this team. It should be a given, we should expect the team to be competitive on a consistent basis.

I know this team is going nowhere this season, and the recent spat of injuries is just a further reminder of this harsh reality.

I also believe, for the first time in 2 decades, that we have young pieces and a justification for hope.... this is why I?m hard of Ntikilina and why I want 1 more lottery selection.

We aren?t second-guessing the pick,
Bc we felt all along there were more polished prospects. It?s up to us to groom Ntikilina.... I hope he?s a good player in 3 years.... I just don?t know yet.... we haven?t seen the offense from him to suggest he can be a spark.... anyway, it just stings bc we need the kid to be good or else we blow the KP era.... this is what frightens me....

Anyway.... KP, Kanter, THJr, Frank and Dotty, WHG, McDerms is the start of something. All this needs is a Bagley type prospect to go with a key free agent addition after 2018.

This, and this only, is my focus. I want to begin the 2019-2020 Season with the realistic hope we can win it all that season!

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
The difference this season is there's a lot more positives this season than the many ones prior. It doesn't feel like a circus. It got so bad that it was obvious to even the organization that they had to let go of things and they did.

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
The difference this season is there's a lot more positives this season than the many ones prior. It doesn't feel like a circus. It got so bad that it was obvious to even the organization that they had to let go of things and they did.

EXACTLY!!!
We have a great young nucleus this time around. No malcontents anymore