Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Chicago Bulls 8:00 12/9/2017 [Game #25]

tiger0330

Legend
Everyone knows we're a bad road team so it shouldn't surprise anybody we lost this one even if it's the Bulls. Tomorrow we're back home playing another struggling team, better come up with a W at MSG otherwise this might be a pivotal moment in the season losing 2 games to 2 teams with a combined 10-39 record.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
That’s my point. Even I got excited during that run.... even thought we had a chance with 2.9 seconds. That’s why we are fools. It always ends the same.... and I’m getting tired of this. No excuses not playing with effort.
Except the Knicks were without Hardaway and KP was off a lot of the game. The Bulls were at home. Bad or not, they were an NBA team at home that was trying to win.

Their problem is starting games. They've dug in several times, but sometimes too late. It's optimistic that these young players are on teams that don't give up.

Ok, you'd tank. So you think a ROOKIE is gonna get those other players to compete harder in year one? Year two? Even year three? It's more important that this team doesn't give up and gets more familiar with each other.

mafra

Legend
We?re not fools. Unless you?re putting money on the games...

I should start betting against NYK. Probably me a millionaire now.

At least HORN ripping effort the starters gave tonight.

And NYK hurts themselves bc we want the first pick in the second round.... we can?t afford to give CHI a win.

Anyway, it?s time to find a replacement for Jack. When Dunn posts a Westbrook like on you.... Well, anyway, it?s tough when 4 of your starters combine for 24 points midway thru 4th.... Lee going off at end was only thing that made numbers look different.

9 FT is indicative of a team coasting.... as Horn said ?floating? through the game thinking about going clubbing later on.

Ultimately, KP set the lethargic tone and he choked at buzzer. So put the loss on him.

Real superstars just don?t allow teams that are 4-20 beat them.

Broadway

All Star
Live in the moment. Get into the big comeback we’re trying to pull off in the final minutes of the 4th quarter. Lament the loss when we’ve actually lost the game.

To be fair look at the Bulls talent and ours lets say 3yrs from now

#kporzee>>>>Markkanen...not by but much
Knits=Dunn...might give Dunn the edge since he plays defense as well
Dotson<<<Nwaba...not by much
Kanter>>>>>>>Portis...clearly better
THJR>>Holiday...not by much
McDermott~Lavine...we know Lavine is better but I'm calling this incomplete because he hasn't played all season after suffering a serious injury

Come on we need talent bro. The 53 win team hasn't surfaced in almost 5yrs which means seasons come and go, living in the moment has only gotten us so far. We need one more chance to get really fortunate. We're not asking for perpetual lottery results. This summer is it

mafra

Legend
Except the Knicks were without Hardaway and KP was off a lot of the game. The Bulls were at home. Bad or not, they were an NBA team at home that was trying to win.

Their problem is starting games. They've dug in several times, but sometimes too late. It's optimistic that these young players are on teams that don't give up.

Ok, you'd tank. So you think a ROOKIE is gonna get those other players to compete harder in year one? Year two? Even year three? It's more important that this team doesn't give up and gets more familiar with each other.

Bingo! Thanks for asking.... I think Tatum leads NBA in 3-point shooting. BOS not even missing GH.

KP needs talent around him. To win a title, we need multiple stars.... BOS, MIl, PHI are formidable foes and will be for years to come.

Only way the KP era has hope is to snag another lottery stud, along with a trade or free agent signing for another stud. Otherwise, KP walks as a free agent.

I don?t want quit. I want them to fight. Did they fight tonight? Nope. I?m more pissed they fought for 8 minutes instead off buzzer to buzzer.

I prefer a game like today, where the kids showed flashes and didn?t give
Up, than I was the last win when kids played poorly but vets carried the day.

Knicks have no chance this year. So why focus on short term? Focus on the long term.

This ship is heading in the right direction. Don?t derail it. Go get a top 5 pick.... or, watch the Curry and westbrook type go to another team while we walk away with another Hill or Shump Chump.

Now, had we went and got a Russell or Bledsoe and fully committed to this season.... I would care more.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend

We have the Bulls 2nd rounder which is going to be a high pick, we have our own 2nd round pick and a first. That's 3 guys we could pick up this draft that could be impact players like Mitchell or Kuzma that have surprised. Perry said he was against tanking wanting to instill winning in the team but there's a case for tanking this year. As bad as they are on the road you can predict a lot of losses coming up with us playing more road games than home games from here on out. 10 games under .500 come Feb. cut Sessions, bring up Trey, sit Jack, play Frank and Dotson, play with an eye to the future and forget making the playoffs.

mafra

Legend
Let me get this straight, I?m not rooting for the players to tank (although what I witnessed tonight, man.... hard to argue they weren?t tanking).... im just saying we shouldnt get upset over losses but instead see them as seeds that we?ll hopefully harvest come next draft.

Did KP miss shot on purpose for lottery standing? I doubt it.... was I rooting for a clank instead of a swish? Hells no! But I wasn?t pissed (or surprises) when it rattled out.

If I saw players not trying, not caring, losing on purpose, not competing with everything they had... I wouldn?t want them here next year.

On a side note, when Frank hit his third 3, the CHI radio announcer was hilarious. Something like, ?Oh my, the kid who can?t shoot just sank his third straight 3.?

Leave it to Frank to score 10 points on a night he hit three times as many 3s as KP.

mafra

Legend
NYK are 12-13.... 1-8 on road (and 31 of final 51 are on the road).... granted, this team lost in OKC, HOU, BOS, TOR.... they?ve also lost in ATL and CHI.

So, say they go 11-20 those final 31 road games? That?s 33 losses folks. I doubt we go 20-0 at home that final 51 games.... maybe we go 12-8?

Well, there?s 41 Ls and another non-winning season.

Anyway, We all want what?s best for the Knicks.
Obviously we are all Diehard fans bc not even the relatives of these players are watching that game tonight.

Get me Bagley or the Euro stud and then we push chips all in.

mafra

Legend
From theknicksblog

? The Bulls flight landed five hours before the game, and the Knicks could not take advantage.

They were the ones that came slow out of the gate. They had another strong third quarter, but once again down the stretch, they could not put the game away. The ending to that game was as frustrating as it gets. They're down 10 with under 2 minutes to play and tie the game. They then don't use their foul to give and get called for one while the Bulls are shooting. On top of that, Kristaps Porzingis gets an open look to win the game from downtown and misses it. Despite scoring 23 points, KP was off for much of the game and struggled from three-point range.?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Let me get this straight, I’m not rooting for the players to tank (although what I witnessed tonight, man.... hard to argue they weren’t tanking).... im just saying we shouldnt get upset over losses but instead see them as seeds that we’ll hopefully harvest come next draft.

Did KP miss shot on purpose for lottery standing? I doubt it.... was I rooting for a clank instead of a swish? Hells no! But I wasn’t pissed (or surprises) when it rattled out.

If I saw players not trying, not caring, losing on purpose, not competing with everything they had... I wouldn’t want them here next year.

On a side note, when Frank hit his third 3, the CHI radio announcer was hilarious. Something like, “Oh my, the kid who can’t shoot just sank his third straight 3.”

Leave it to Frank to score 10 points on a night he hit three times as many 3s as KP.
I relate to the not being pissed part because of the possible light at the end of the tunnel.

Keep in mind, we have a FEW young players that can get a lot better, not just KP and Knitty. The Knicks will have picks either way. tiger is right, we could come up with a big time player(s) either way.

I DO get why you'd love to get one of those top picks. I DO get why you'd be excited for it. But the Knicks have a few players already that could be a part of their future.

If they gave the same effort at the beginning of games as they do late in games they could have a few more wins now and this conversation could be different. The culture feels different.