203954.png
202683.png

201573.png
201584.png

1627732.png
101127.png

Injury Report

Philladelphia 76ersNew York Knicks
No injuries to reportTim Hardaway Jr. - Stress injury, lower left leg (OUT)
--

Game Preview

NEW YORK -- How's this for a quandary?

The New York Knicks have had Kristaps Porzingis back from a sore knee for two games. The first was a 102-93 win over the Boston Celtics on Wednesday in which Porzingis scored a lowly one point on a miserable 0-of-11 shooting. That was followed by a 104-101 loss at the Detroit Pistons on Friday when Porzingis scored 29.

With their big man apparently healthy and ready to contribute, the Knicks will look for the right combination on Monday in a noon Christmas Day matchup with the visiting Philadelphia 76ers.

The Knicks, who have lost two of three after winning four straight, welcome a Philadelphia team that has lost five consecutive games and nine of 10, including Saturday's 102-86 loss at the Toronto Raptors.

The 76ers allowed DeMar DeRozan to go off for 29 points in the loss.

Worse, the 76ers struggled on the boards against the Raptors, losing the battle, 43-41.

Even worse than that, Philadelphia committed 22 turnovers in the loss.

"We did a little bit better job with the offensive rebounding," 76ers coach Brett Brown said. "I think the turnovers, especially in the first half, continue to hurt us. I leave mostly thinking that this is a really good team. I think they've lost one game at home (12-1), I think they've won 12 of their past 13 games (overall) and we felt every bit of that."

Behind Enes Kanter's game-high 16 rebounds, the Knicks dominated the Pistons on the glass in the three-point loss at Detroit.

But the team allowed seven Pistons to score in double figures, led by Tobias Harris' 24.

"It was all downside. It was kind of that way all game, we couldn't get downhill very much," Knicks coach Jeff Hornacek said. "Jarrett (Jack) was able to do it some, but we only shot six free throws, so there wasn't a lot of penetration. (We took) a lot of outside shots."

Like New York, the 76ers are still working their talented big man into the fold again, as well.

Joel Embiid, who has missed five December games for Philadelphia, returned to score 14 points and grab eight rebounds against the Raptors, but that was not enough for the 76ers.

"I just think we should have been more aggressive at the start of the game," 76ers star point guard Ben Simmons said. "Having Joel (Embiid) back, trying to get him the feel and to get him back into his rhythm at the start of the game, so that was a little tough adjusting back to that."

With both young inside stars back in action, each team will try to dominate inside in the two teams' first matchup of the season.

(cbssports.com via STATS)

tiger0330

Legend
Thanks for taking the time from your holiday to create this game thread Rady. Happy Holidays to everyone at KOL.

Sixers are in a slump, we should be embarassed if we can't beat them at MSG. Go Knicks.

Thanks for taking the time from your holiday to create this game thread Rady. Happy Holidays to everyone at KOL.

Sixers are in a slump, we should be embarassed if we can't beat them at MSG. Go Knicks.

Happy holidays!

I think Embiid is playing today and he is always a risk to take a game over. Still, we?re in the state of New York, where 16 of our 17 wins have taken place, so hopefully we can take this one.

Let?s go Knicks!

Strong start so far, especially defensively, we lead 18 - 11 late in the 1st quarter.

Ntilikina showing he can definitely take the opposing guard to the hoop. I still wonder if he can finish over a big man playing help defense. My guess is nearly 100% of the time he is going to pass in that situation.

Very simple for Philly. If Embiid is on the court, they look good. If Embiid is not on the court, they look bad.

We lead 24 - 21 at the end of the 1st quarter. We look good, but Philly showing they know how to push the pace and score in bunches. Defense is also very tough to crack when Embiid is on the court.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Embid just welcomed Frank to USA basketball gotta go to the rack harder than that Frank; both teams look like they had too much eggnog

tiger0330

Legend
Embiid looks like he's struggling physically. The guy has a bad back that must be killing him. I hope he makes it through a whole season.

tiger0330

Legend
Embid just welcomed Frank to USA basketball gotta go to the rack harder than that Frank; both teams look like they had too much eggnog
I think that was him in 4th gear, he ain't Wall or Westbrook and Clyde mentioned something I said last game he picks up his dribble too early.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I think that was him in 4th gear, he ain't Wall or Westbrook and Clyde mentioned something I said last game he picks up his dribble too early.
Frankie had a clear path if he had switched to his right but the block was made easy on the left; KP had a couple nice blocks too tho our defense is a improving...

It took a Kanter putback and KP block in the closing seconds for us to only be down 2. This game is trouble. Sixers came ready to play. Need to step it up in the 2nd half.

We start off slow in the 3rd, but then go on a 9 - 0 run to take back a 2 point lead midway through the 3rd quarter.

Kanter with 19 points and 18 rebounds in 25 minutes.

mafra

Legend
Kanter with a monster line so far (31 & 22).... 31 of the remaining 51 games on the road.... so a loss today pretty much tells us where this team is headed.