Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Philadelphia 76ers 12:00 12/25/2017 [Game #33]

Broadway

All Star
Pisses me off they had winnable games in DET and today but couldn't pull out the W. Monster game by Kanter and KP looks like he was blocking everything. CLee trying to fill Tims shoes while hes out, maybe a month down the road having him as a scoring threat along with Tim will win us some games on the road. This team just seems better than last year or maybe its just me.

It's better but from a low bench mark. I mean what are you comparing them to other than previous yrs Knick teams? Is this team even close to the 53 Fake win team? I don't think so! Although we do play hard, are team oriented, and have traces of likeableness.

This team feels like the David Lee(#kporzee)/Al Harrington(Kanter) teams...guys that improved their play and/or surprised you with play post trade but ultimately are limited and capped going forward. There are other parallels to draw from those teams too..like a coach that is routinely questioned with game plan and execution/rotations(Hornacek/D'Antoni)

I don't see what some fans see but I will say this team competes without question.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
It's better but from a low bench mark. I mean what are you comparing them to other than previous yrs Knick teams? Is this team even close to the 53 Fake win team? I don't think so! Although we do play hard, are team oriented, and have traces of likeableness.

This team feels like the David Lee(#kporzee)/Al Harrington(Kanter) teams...guys that improved their play and/or surprised you with play post trade but ultimately are limited and capped going forward. There are other parallels to draw from those teams too..like a coach that is routinely questioned with game plan and execution/rotations(Hornacek/D'Antoni)

I don't see what some fans see but I will say this team competes without question.
They're young too. This organization also seems to have taken a step forward with building on youth. It's still early on in this change, but hey, there is some nice things. We got one of our starters out too. There's a few things to work on, but this feels like the start of something for a long time rather than going in on a small window of opportunity.

mafra

Legend
?I?m just learning a lot,? he said. ?All these games, every game, I?m learning and I?m seeing all kinds of defenses; late double-teams; early double-teams right away. Maybe some games they?re fronting, switching, everything. So it?s an adjustment every game for me.?

He is also learning to expect the unexpected.

?Teams are obviously trying to make it as difficult as they can for me, trying to force the shots I don?t want,? he said. ?So it?s always a battle when you?re trying to get what you want.?

Porzingis said he hopes he can start making adjustments before the defense gets the best of him.

?As the game slows downs even more for me and I see what?s going on even more, I?m going to be capable of making the right pass and shooting the right shot,? he said. ?It?s my first season doing this. We?re 30-something games into the season. I?m still learning. I?m still picking up a lot of stuff. I?m watching film and I?m learning from my mistakes. I think as I get more experience in these situations, I?ll be even more efficient.?

Embiid was drafted in 2014 and this apparently was the first ever game he played at MSG. Our teams are in the same division. The Sixers future hinges upon a Star player who took 3 and a half seasons to play on the road against a division opponent.

tiger0330

Legend
Embiid was drafted in 2014 and this apparently was the first ever game he played at MSG. Our teams are in the same division. The Sixers future hinges upon a Star player who took 3 and a half seasons to play on the road against a division opponent.
Embiid doesn't even practice, they nurse him along just to get him into games. Looked to me like he struggles with his back while playing but he guts it out, give me iron men like Russ, LeBron or Harden to build a team around not a guy like Embiid.

mafra

Legend
Still hard to fathom how OKC messed up having Russ, KD, and Durant.

Trading Kanter and Oladipo and Sabonis and McDermott for 2 1-yr rentals not looking wise either.

Broadway

All Star
Still hard to fathom how OKC messed up having Russ, KD, and Durant.

Trading Kanter and Oladipo and Sabonis and McDermott for 2 1-yr rentals not looking wise either.

Well KD left because he supposedly didn't like playing with WB...pretty sure he wouldn't have liked to share the ball even more with Harden still there as he starts to emerge. Had they stayed together we probably never see any of these 3 reach perennial MVP status. Harden's value had never reached an apex he was traded at the start of his 3rd season and KD straight left like a DOOF.

Not sure why fans keep referencing this. Especially when these same fans doubted from jump WB/PG13/Melo couldn't work(1 ball theory). Melo probably opts in to his $28mil next yr. I mean his son sits front row watching him play as if he's having the time of his life there. It sounds like for now PG13 wants to stay in OKC. They constantly make reference how they really enjoy being on the same team with each other and talk as if they are part of a brotherhood. It's still open and up in the air so we'll see.

I thought the PG13 trade was okay for Indy but it's turning out to be really good for them. We knew the Melo trade no matter who we dealt with, we were going to win that trade. Otoh I'm not totally enamored with trading/transferring loads of financial obligation from Melo to Kanter because ultimately it has caused us to devalue WHG at the same time.