Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Chicago Bulls 8:00 12/27/2017 [Game #34]

I don?t know guys. I think Hornacek has to go. These are bad plays out of timeouts. That?s on the coach.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Kanter the least likely guy you want taking a 3 takes it. Busted play right from Beasley making the entry pass, that was the best play Horn could draw up?

mafra

Legend
This game is not over yet. We need a 3 here.

Have you not watched a NYK game the last 10 years? It?s cute you had faith but come on.... NYK don?t make game-winning or game-tying shots. Stop fooling yourself and believing.... when Knicks need a bucket under 10 seconds.... the game is over.

Just like last year.... Jan will send this team to 10 under.... season is over, just some fans haven?t realized it yet.

You do realize 30 of the final 51 are on the road; NYK 2-11 in the road and are 0-2 in CHI. Pray tell, what do you think their record in those 30 road games will be?

This one loss in December doesn?t ?end? the season. If we won this game, it?s not like we would have been good to go. Let?s play the games. It?s a long season.

A chunk of this fan base wants to give up with every loss. This fan base, just like this team, needs to man up and stop quitting on the season before January 1st.

mafra

Legend
Kanter the least likely guy you want taking a 3 takes it. Busted play right from Beasley making the entry pass, that was the best play Horn could draw up?

The game ended when Lee went hero ball. He can?t be in the floor final minutes of the game bc he would rather lose trying to be a hero than setting up a teammate.

It?s always the same.... he dribbles to nowhere then either chucks a brick or throws ball away.

Have you not watched a NYK game the last 10 years? It?s cute you had faith but come on.... NYK don?t make game-winning or game-tying shots. Stop fooling yourself and believing.... when Knicks need a bucket under 10 seconds.... the game is over.

Just like last year.... Jan will send this team to 10 under.... season is over, just some fans haven?t realized it yet.

Cute? You know what dude? **** off.

mafra

Legend
This one loss in December doesn?t ?end? the season. If we won this game, it?s not like we would have been good to go. Let?s play the games. It?s a long season.

A chunk of this fan base wants to give up with every loss. This fan base, just like this team, needs to man up and stop quitting on the season before January 1st.

Again.... have you watched this team on the road? 30 road games equals at least 20 Losses. If they?re fortunate they might go 10-20.... since they are 2-11 in the road, it?s more than likely they go 5-25 those 30 games.

Right there, that?s 46 Ls.... they certainly won?t go 20-0 in their home games. Ergo, this is at least a 50-loss team.

tiger0330

Legend
You do realize 30 of the final 51 are on the road; NYK 2-11 in the road and are 0-2 in CHI. Pray tell, what do you think their record in those 30 road games will be?
Bulls were just giving away this game. We just couldn't close the deal, 3rd game in a row that was winnable. Bulls turned around their season winning these close ones now, maybe we can as well when Tim comes back.

I?m not entirely sure why Kanter was on the court when we needed a 3 there to tie with only a few seconds left. Kanter being on the court allowed the Bulls to smother our 3 perimeter shooters on the court with 4 defenders.

Like you said, you have to look at Hornacek. He cost us that game against Detroit by leaving Jack in the game in the closing minutes too.

tiger0330

Legend
The game ended when Lee went hero ball. He can’t be in the floor final minutes of the game bc he would rather lose trying to be a hero than setting up a teammate.

It’s always the same.... he dribbles to nowhere then either chucks a brick or throws ball away.
Horn wants him to be aggressive, can't pick and choose his spots to do that. Frank took some key shots despite the fact he can't shoot. Bulls win 9 of the last 11 making their pick a little less valuable to us.

mafra

Legend
Horn wants him to be aggressive, can't pick and choose his spots to do that. Frank took some key shots despite the fact he can't shoot. Bulls win 9 of the last 11 making their pick a little less valuable to us.

For the most part, Frank didn?t force much.... like last game, most teams won?t win many games making less than 7 three-pointers these days. KP was exhausted bc bench didn?t give much.... McDermott did nothing and MB only played 14 minutes.

The loss of THjr was the fatal blow to this team... A shame, bc has they remained relatively healthy this could?ve been a 6-8 seed squad. To only be 17-17 with the schedule we?ve had, along with losing twice in CHI, just buried us. I doubt we see this team above .500 again.

Some construe this sentiment as being pessimistic, but its merely being objective. I?ve watched almost every minute of every NYK game since the late 70s.... by now, I know what I?m watching. But this is OK.... a blessing even.

KP needs to be served a little humble pie,
and this season will serve him that dish in spades. It?s also best for the long term to secure a high lottery pick.... add that to an improving foundation and next year should be the time we see a playoff push. It?s not happening this year, whether I wave Pom-poms or not.

tiger0330

Legend
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 20

mafra

Legend
This is the type of game that shows you KP isn?t ready to carry this team into playoffs yet. He?s just not healthy and strong enough yet. HORN let the team down, that?s obvious, but KP needed to make a few shots down the stretch (just like he needed to last game). He had no legs midway into the 4th, and HORN has no clue how to design a play to get him a shot.

Broadway

All Star
Taking 2 Ls to the Bulls in a relatively short span and they've shown to be more game past 3weeks than ourselves, tells me what I've always known about this team. SIGH!

They don't have a unicorn, they haven't had Lavine and had Portis and Mirotic missing for about half the season. Wish we would've just kept Holiday and traded Lee during the draft

Broadway

All Star
Bulls were just giving away this game. We just couldn't close the deal, 3rd game in a row that was winnable. Bulls turned around their season winning these close ones now, maybe we can as well when Tim comes back.

According to Isola appears THJR has an injury with a 6-8week timetable that the team didn't want to provide press for. The team is hopeful for a January return. We're talking another 2weeks absence at a minimum.

It's time to start calling teams after next week to get offers on Lee/Beasley/Thomas/Jack. It's for the greater good

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
To be honest i was impressed with Horn's move when he assigned LT to guard NM which was very successful.... subbing Nitty to guard Dunn was good too although Nitty is bad right now with his fouls......
this team plays very good basketball but in spurts ..... i don't know why.... THJ is missed but we can't rely on one player, its about the whole team not one player...

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Only saw highlights of the game. Another close loss, but this team hasn't been easy for opponents this season. That's a big improvement. Of course I don't like some things I see, but there's positives to take away from this season so far.