Game Thread: New York Knicks @ San Antonio Spurs 8:30 12/27/2017 [Game #35]

mafra

Legend
Knicks didn?t make a 3 in the third quarter.... SA made 4.... Aldridge taps in off rebound (there were 4 NYK standing there starring). Getting ugly now.

Again, hard to win NBA game these days when you make 3-6 threes a night.

Is KP playing? Hard to tell....

mafra

Legend
My lord is Baker awful sometime. He?s missed an easy layup tonight, a FT, then just simply threw the ball away. Please call up Burke and stop with this Horn-crush on Baker.

mafra

Legend
This is how far away NYK are from even being a legitimate competitive team:

Spurs sit their best player, one of their other best players leaves game with an injury, and they pound NYK (leading wire to wire).

Can anybody explain why KP is such a different player on the road?

tiger0330

Legend
Ginobli and Parker look like they're on vacation on the Spurs bench. Not a lot of energy from the Knicks in this one, everyone praising Frank but I always see a guy playing on cruise control instead of having his foot on the gas pedal all the time.

tiger0330

Legend
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 22

Broadway

All Star
Ginobli and Parker look like they're on vacation on the Spurs bench. Not a lot of energy from the Knicks in this one, everyone praising Frank but I always see a guy playing on cruise control instead of having his foot on the gas pedal all the time.

Frank is playing a safe self contained game while being productive in multiple areas. He's actually outplaying some of the favored rookies past couple weeks. I still would've picked the others over him but he's making inch by inch improvements. He'll be Rondo at best, possibly with a more respectable 3/J.

We need another stud

tiger0330

Legend
Frank is playing a safe self contained game while being productive in multiple areas. He's actually outplaying some of the favored rookies past couple weeks. I still would've picked the others over him but he's making inch by inch improvements. He'll be Rondo at best, possibly with a more respectable 3/J.

We need another stud
His 36 numbers are good. Everyone says he's got the right stuff, I'd say his success will depend on how good a shooter he becomes. He hasn't convinced me he'll be the Knicks PG beyond his rookie contract.

Ntilikina has been solid throughout his rookie season, displaying his versatility as a playmaker and his advanced proficiency as an on-ball defender. Thus far in 2017-18, he’s averaging 10.1 points, 5.9 assists, 3.7 rebounds, 2.3 steals, and 1.1 three-point field goals made per 36 minutes.

Kiyaman

Legend
Rookie Frank Nitty is 19 yrs old ..
Frank's height length n high IQ has the potential to be the Knicks best 6th man off the bench his first two seasons in the NBA .. the Knicks needed to sign a decent veteran starter PG in the 2017 offseason to mentor the 19 yr old Frank on the court / bench / practice n lockerroom for two seasons.
Frank"s rookie season should be as a combo-guard in lineups alongside of veteran PG Jack n PG Sessions as a mentoring project to become a future starting PG .. the Knicks coach Hornacek has been poorly developing the Knicks young core of players .. coach Hornacek being a ex-NBA guard that played alongside of star PG Keven Johnson and superstar PG John Stocton should know young players Frank n Baker should be developing their combo-guard skills throughout this season to be efficient at the guard-spot