Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Washington Wizards 7:00 pm 1/3/2018 [Game 38]

tiger0330

Legend
Looks like KP had another awful second half. Is it 2 games in a row he didn?t hit a shot after halftime?

What?s amazing is how poorly KP plays on the road. Man... with THjr out, there?s no way we can win when KP scores 16.

7 points (in 7 shots) and 1 assist from Knits in 20 minutes isn?t good enough. I mean, come on, by accident you?d think he score 20 points 1 time in 40 games.
You would think yesterday was the day he could hit 20 pts since he scored his 7 pts in the first 16 min of the game. Didn't score anything after his first 7, read they may bring up Burke but they have to create a roster spot, they want him to break down defenses with dribble penetration something Frank and Jack have not been able to do. Not sure Frank will ever be that type of PG to break down a defense, maybe he should concentrate on becoming a 3 pt sniper instead there's a big need on the team for one.

Broadway

All Star
You would think yesterday was the day he could hit 20 pts since he scored his 7 pts in the first 16 min of the game. Didn't score anything after his first 7, read they may bring up Burke but they have to create a roster spot, they want him to break down defenses with dribble penetration something Frank and Jack have not been able to do. Not sure Frank will ever be that type of PG to break down a defense, maybe he should concentrate on becoming a 3 pt sniper instead there's a big need on the team for one.

Gotta agree with Isola here

Exactly my thoughts when I saw what Porzingus said. People are going to say "Poor little unicorn, does he need a nap or a vacation". Jeez talk about soft, give me tough guys any day like Russ, LeBron or Harden.

I want to cut KP some slack because he was just being honest, but it's frustrating to hear him talk about being worn out. KP is averaging 32.3 minutes per game this season. That's not even in the top 50 in the NBA. For comparison, Ante leads the NBA in minutes per game with 37.9. Melo is 40th in the NBA with 32.9 minutes per game and that is more than anyone on the Knicks.

The season is a 12 months a year thing. Maybe the problem is that our conditioning coaches are terrible. Maybe the problem is our players' attitudes and they want to do whatever they want in the offseason. I don't know.

Call Trey Burke up from the G League. I bet he won't complain if we play him 40 minutes per game.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I want to cut KP some slack because he was just being honest, but it's frustrating to hear him talk about being worn out. KP is averaging 32.3 minutes per game this season. That's not even in the top 50 in the NBA. For comparison, Ante leads the NBA in minutes per game with 37.9. Melo is 40th in the NBA with 32.9 minutes per game and that is more than anyone on the Knicks.

The season is a 12 months a year thing. Maybe the problem is that our conditioning coaches are terrible. Maybe the problem is our players' attitudes and they want to do whatever they want in the offseason. I don't know.

Call Trey Burke up from the G League. I bet he won't complain if we play him 40 minutes per game.
I only care about Porzingis' work ethic. He shouldn't care what anybody else thinks about what he says.

With the Melo/Phil stuff that went on this past off-season, who knows what happened as far as conditioning goes.

mafra

Legend
The third-year forward made a rookie mistake late Wednesday by admitting he was ?tired? following the Knicks? 121-103 loss to the Washington Wizards. It?s one thing to claim exhaustion after scoring 30 points in a hard-fought road victory. You?ll be excessively praised for being a warrior and giving everything you had on the second night of a back-to-back.

But when you score two points after halftime and your team loses for the second time in 24 hours, saying ?I?m tired? is the worst kind of concession speech. It sounds like an excuse. A tired excuse.

Sometimes, honesty isn?t the best policy. Sure, Porzingis is tired. Any and all starting players worth their contracts should be tired. Lots of players are tired. But why admit it? That isn?t the message the rest of the team, the front office, coaching staff and fan base needs to hear from one of its leaders.

Especially when Porzingis repeatedly declared himself fit to become the Knicks? franchise player following Carmelo Anthony?s trade to Oklahoma City in late September.

?I am ready for the challenge,? Porzingis said at the time. ?I?ve been preparing myself for this moment.?

Yet, three months and 38 games later, ?I?m tired.?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...ind-concession-tired-excuse-article-1.3737796

mafra

Legend
Injuries limited Porzingis to 72 games in his rookie year and 66 games last season. In 2017-18, he?s already missed six games with 44 still to play.

At 7-foot-3, Porzingis has both a unique skill set and frame, one that isn?t quite ready to play 75-plus games, much less a full 82. Maybe he never will.

A more realistic number could be 70 to 73 games. Porzingis was diagnosed in 2010 with anemia while playing professionally in Spain. Because he has fewer blood cells, he was prone to feeling fatigued and experiencing shortness of breath. Porzingis regulates his condition with iron pills but medication can only do so much.

One NBA coach believes Porzingis will become ?that monster? by his seventh season when he develops physically and mentally. Sometimes it takes players longer than others to develop. This is what rebuilding is all about: being patient and letting the team mature.

Kiyaman

Legend
The third-year forward made a rookie mistake late Wednesday by admitting he was ?tired? following the Knicks? 121-103 loss to the Washington Wizards. It?s one thing to claim exhaustion after scoring 30 points in a hard-fought road victory. You?ll be excessively praised for being a warrior and giving everything you had on the second night of a back-to-back.

But when you score two points after halftime and your team loses for the second time in 24 hours, saying ?I?m tired? is the worst kind of concession speech. It sounds like an excuse. A tired excuse.

Sometimes, honesty isn?t the best policy. Sure, Porzingis is tired. Any and all starting players worth their contracts should be tired. Lots of players are tired. But why admit it? That isn?t the message the rest of the team, the front office, coaching staff and fan base needs to hear from one of its leaders.

Especially when Porzingis repeatedly declared himself fit to become the Knicks? franchise player following Carmelo Anthony?s trade to Oklahoma City in late September.

?I am ready for the challenge,? Porzingis said at the time. ?I?ve been preparing myself for this moment.?

Yet, three months and 38 games later, ?I?m tired.?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...ind-concession-tired-excuse-article-1.3737796

Yep I'm tired too .. tired of the false prophecy of KP being a future star player .. I'm tired of seeing every Knick opponent score on KP .. I'm tired of the Knicks having a 7.3 player that has a LOSER IQ at the center/forward position.
The Knicks played no defense in both back to back games .. which makes me wonder why coach Horn has a healthy Noah on the DNP list of each game .. When Noah may be the best defensive minded person in the Knicks organization !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
We loss this game from having a very poor defensive plan inside n outside the paint .. it's time for coach Horn to put one of the leaues top defensive players Noah in the rotation for at least 24 minutes of playing time to mentor our young core players into putting effort to co-exist on the defensive end to form a team-defense.
I'm tired of seeing all our big-men setup weak on defense plus never running back on defense .. we could use Noah's defensive leadership on the court.