Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Washington Wizards 7:00 pm 1/3/2018 [Game 38]

Kiyaman

Legend
Nice Game-Thread Rady ..
The Knicks has their hands filled tonight trying to stop the Wizards Beal from winning the game .. Beal has been putting on all-star performances since Wall went down .. and Beal hasn't stopped putting on all-star performances when Wall returned ..
Who do we have to slow down Beal n Wall in the 2nd half of the game ?
I wish we would have worked on a 7 minute Defensive line-up we could use in the 2nd half of the game to show we are doing something to improve the team ...

Kiyaman

Legend
WOW .. Gotat won the tip off to have Morris get a easy layup on KP ..
Gotat 4 easy basket has the Wizards controlling the tempo in the first qtr. takiing a 10-15 wiz lead

Thanks again, Rady.

I?m disappointed with the defensive regression. I thought we had started to figure things out, but lately teams have really been eating our pick and roll defense up.

Knicks lead 37 - 33 after the Ntilikina three pointer. We?ve settled into a good rhythm after a slow start.

Kiyaman

Legend
Frank n Beasley doing most of the scoring on the 2nd unit lineup .. Gortat still dominating the boards .. Knicks lost their 5 pt lead by putting the starters back on the court

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks played some decent ball in the first half .. 60-62 Wiz at Half-time ..
Now Hornacek need a 2nd half DEFENSIVE plan to win this game .. our defense gave up 62 pts in the first half

Kiyaman

Legend
Wiz build a 10 pt lead to start the 3rd qtr.
.... We could use a 2nd half plan or else the Wiz lead is gonna grow bigger

Kiyaman

Legend
Gortat is shooting 9-10
KP is shooting 4-10
Why is that ???
The Knicks starters gave the Wiz a 14 pt lead.
KP need to start shooting his shots closer to the basket plus play some defense .. the Knicks 2nd unit lineup has a job on their hand to play tough defense plus score to bring the Knicks back into the game .. END of 3rd qtr
Wiz 90
Knicks 77

Kiyaman

Legend
WTH .. I have to say it .. yesterday n today games KP has been our BIGGEST liability on defense .. put Noah in the rotation !!!

mafra

Legend
Looks like KP had another awful second half. Is it 2 games in a row he didn?t hit a shot after halftime?

What?s amazing is how poorly KP plays on the road. Man... with THjr out, there?s no way we can win when KP scores 16.

7 points (in 7 shots) and 1 assist from Knits in 20 minutes isn?t good enough. I mean, come on, by accident you?d think he score 20 points 1 time in 40 games.

Hornacek has 1 off day to figure something out with our rotations before we?re back at it. Building familiarity is a weak cover story to keep playing the same rotations when they are no longer working. Our best defensive lineup needs to play the majority of minutes. We just don?t have the offensive firepower to outscore teams.

mafra

Legend
Since returning from a minor injury, Porzingis has made just 54 of 150 shots over his last eight games.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
the team always plays good when they run, and most of the time turnover or miss the shot when they go into a set play.....