Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Miami Heat 7:00 1/5/2018 [Game #39]

I Would say Correctumundo! We ended up drafting Gallinair and Hill instead of Westbrook and Curry bc in both of those years, we won 4 more games than OKC and GSW.

This team won?t win 40 games. This team will be under .500.... drafting 7th or 12th will pretty much kill the KP era. KP is another Durant. He?ll bolt the moment he can to latch on to a ready made winner. If we don?t secure a lottery stud this draft... we may be bad for another decade.

If we have any hope to win during the KP era... we must secure a top 6 pick in the upcoming draft.

So, let me ask you: how does winning 36 games help this franchise? Winning 25 does so much good... why wouldn?t you root for that?

Ok, I guess I?m not a real fan. Been rooting for this team night in and night out for over 35 years for no reason apparently. My mistake.

Man, these forums are just so much fun nowadays. Can?t get enough of people writing 5 paragraph lectures telling me how stupid I am for rooting for my team.

tiger0330

Legend
Funny thought ... did the Knicks boot this game .. Or did the Heat put on extra heat to win the game in OT ???
We had our chances. We fought hard but Jack had a key TO late and couldn't make that short jumper off Beas dish on the Knicks last possession. PG is a problem spot, I will be surprised if they don't make some kind of change there.

mafra

Legend
Lol.... Lee goes scoreless in the second half.... I don?t think Thomas or Kanter scores in the second half.... KP scores 4 or 6 points in the second half.

Think about that... we got about 10 points combined from the entire staring 5 in the second half and Ot. That?s pathetic.

Broadway

All Star
I’m not cheering for a mountain of losses. So, according to you, I guess that means I’m not a real fan.

Fans can be what they feel it means to be a fan but I will say this, with the abundance of information we have at our disposal and what we've seen makes teams successful in the 21st Century...rooting off pure/strictly emotional attachment has taken major hits.

We're not robots nor swore to oaths and thus knowing you're being sold lemons is a little easier to detect. Love doesn't mean you sacrifice intelligence and intelligence doesn't mean you sacrifice love.

Heck most humans won't endure relationships with other human beings if we feel shady things are going on but for some bizarre reason fans show the greatest of loyalties to their sport teams no matter the results and/or abuse.

We need major upgrades on this team no matter what...it can't come all from within, we simply don't have enough

Kiyaman

Legend
Ok folks... MIA just beat us and have a 3 game lead on us. Reality is we aren?t a good team. Our first rounder isn?t as good as players taken after him, one of our bright young players from last year doesn?t even play this season....

We can?t win on the road and have now lost what? 7 of 10?

The sad thing is... we don?t give max effort. That?s inexcusable.

If you aren?t cheering like heck for a mountain of losses you aren?t a real fan. Not only are we bad, I?m not even sure we are heading in the right direction.

Well u right bout we headed in the wrong direction .. Horn's coaching on the road has been pitiful .. I was looking for Horn to substitute a defensive lineup n offensive lineup during crunch time tonight .. I have to call it like I see it ......
I call it coach-tanking

Fans can be what they feel it means to be a fan but I will say this, with the abundance of information we have at our disposal and what we've seen makes teams successful in the 21st Century...rooting off pure/strictly emotional attachment has taken major hits.

We're not robots nor swore to oaths and thus knowing you're being sold lemons is a little easier to detect. Love doesn't mean you sacrifice intelligence and intelligence doesn't mean you sacrifice love.

Heck most humans won't endure relationships with other human beings if we feel shady things are going on but for some bizarre reason fans show the greatest of loyalties to their sport teams no matter the results and/or abuse.

We need major upgrades on this team no matter what...it can't come all from within, we simply don't have enough

...holy ****, I just want to cheer for a basketball team and talk about it online. This forum has taken on some real friggin complicated psychology.

mafra

Legend
Ok, I guess I?m not a real fan. Been rooting for this team night in and night out for over 35 years for no reason apparently. My mistake.

Man, these forums are just so much fun nowadays. Can?t get enough of people writing 5 paragraph lectures telling me how stupid I am for rooting for my team.

Can you count? 5 paragraphs? Really?

Stop playing the victim.... you?re the bum who chided me as a bad fan for rooting for losses, so don?t lecture me about tolerance now that I did to you what you did to me first.

If you?ve been a fan for 35 years than you should aspire for something more than a meaningless win in mid Feb... root for something sustainable.

When will fans get tired of all the losIng? It?s almost as if that stupid media policy at MSG has infected these message boards. People got all defensive when you lower yourself to be objective.

mafra

Legend
This game is simple to recap.... KP let the team down. Ntilikina was atrocious (if we had Mitchell or DSJ we win this game).

Can you count? 5 paragraphs? Really?

Stop playing the victim.... you?re the bum who chided me as a bad fan for rooting for losses, so don?t lecture me about tolerance now that I did to you what you did to me first.

If you?ve been a fan for 35 years than you should aspire for something more than a meaningless win in mid Feb... root for something sustainable.

When will fans get tired of all the losIng? It?s almost as if that stupid media policy at MSG has infected these message boards. People got all defensive when you lower yourself to be objective.

This is not what I want out of a Knicks forum. Maybe it?s time for me to move on. You called me a bum. What the hell.

Kiyaman

Legend
Lol.... Lee goes scoreless in the second half.... I don?t think Thomas or Kanter scores in the second half.... KP scores 4 or 6 points in the second half.

Think about that... we got about 10 points combined from the entire staring 5 in the second half and Ot. That?s pathetic.

Coach don't have a 2nd half plan ..
And the Knicks starters don't have a 2nd half plan .. results are losses

Broadway

All Star
...holy ****, I just want to cheer for a basketball team and talk about it online. This forum has taken on some real friggin complicated psychology.

You're good with me bro and everyone else, relax. We probably disagree with some approaches here and there but it's okay. I understand the side that says hit the reset button as quick and often as possible. Others rather wait until all mathematical possibilities have been eliminated.

Keep in mind we haven't won a lot over the yrs so you can't cheer about a lot online, it's the team's fault not returning it to you. It's not fun losing man period! I haven't gone hard on too many of our players this yr. I feel they are trying but I've watched enough decades of basketball to know better.

Keep in mind since math is still on our side maybe there's a trade to be made to salvage "this season" but the longer we wait, this isn't good either. It's like do something pick a path. It's also frustrating seeing these losses and Knits not playing, Dotson not playing, WHG not playing. Sometimes fans just want to know and have a better read on making sense of all of this.

I do get where you're coming from, it can be tiring of sorts but there's nothing wrong looking towards the future. I wish we played our kids from the jump lots of minutes but it didn't happen

mafra

Legend
Coach don't have a 2nd half plan ..
And the Knicks starters don't have a 2nd half plan .. results are losses

This is all on KP... maybe it?s time for his brother to come out and start answering questions about why his brother is disappearing in games. After all, he loves to yap about KP leaving NY when he?s a free agent.

Horn kept KP on the bench to keep him fresh for the stretch run. KP entered game, hit 2 shots, then did nothing except grab a big OFf rebound. The only reason we lost this game is bc KP wasn?t good. We didn?t need MVP Unicorn tonight, nor an All star.... we just needed a good player make some plays and score points. KP couldn?t. And now this is second year in a row KP has morphed into a pumpkin after the new year.

mafra

Legend
I wonder how this game turns out if Burke was playing instead of Jack? Now that this team is spiraling down the toilet, isn?t it time to play Burke and WHG.... release Jack and trade Lee already.

Just no excuses to watch the other team out hustle Knicks and steal a win.

If we don?t learn from the mistakes that we?re made in the 2007-2010 years, when Walsh tried to turn the org around... we will be damned to repeat those errors. What happened in those 4 years dictates where NYK were in the 2011-2016 years...

What happened last summer and this upcoming summer will determine where this team is come 2020 and beyond.

MIA was 12-42 from 3! Geez.

We are old and slow and plodding and we can?t shoot. Enough with the Lee and Jack crap.

tiger0330

Legend
What bothered me about Porzingis is MIA defended him with a variety of guys much smaller than him and he wasn't able to dominate. And what happened to all the work he put in the summer to get stronger, watching the game, he looked like a pinball bouncing off of guys he made contact with whether it was off or on the ball. Horn talks all the time about smaller guys crowding him and taking away his legs, that's the way the Heat were defending him.

Broadway

All Star
I wonder how this game turns out if Burke was playing instead of Jack? Now that this team is spiraling down the toilet, isn’t it time to play Burke and WHG.... release Jack and trade Lee already.

Just no excuses to watch the other team out hustle Knicks and steal a win.

If we don’t learn from the mistakes that we’re made in the 2007-2010 years, when Walsh tried to turn the org around... we will be damned to repeat those errors. What happened in those 4 years dictates where NYK were in the 2011-2016 years...

What happened last summer and this upcoming summer will determine where this team is come 2020 and beyond.

MIA was 12-42 from 3! Geez.

Again, name another team where the starting 5 scores 10 points in 3 quarters!!!

We are old and slow and plodding and we can’t shoot. Enough with the Lee and Jack crap.

Probably not much Burke is probably very Jimmerish(overseas now). While he may be slightly better at the position vs what we have, he's not a solution by any stretch. We need to play Knits more and live with the results

mafra

Legend
Knicks were 5-13 from downtown tonight. So, in a PG league where everybody wants to excel at shooting the 3.... we don?t have a pG and we can?t shoot a 3.

We?ll continue to lose a lot of games until these 2 issues are addressed

mafra

Legend
Probably not much Burke is probably very Jimmerish(overseas now). While he may be slightly better at the position vs what we have, he's not a solution by any stretch. We need to play Knits more and live with the results

This may be true, but think Jeremy Lin. We won?t know unless we try. I?m cool if you want to start Knits and let Burke play the 6th man role. Bottom line, there?s no point playing Jack anymore.

Kiyaman

Legend
This is all on KP... maybe it?s time for his brother to come out and start answering questions about why his brother is disappearing in games. After all, he loves to yap about KP leaving NY when he?s a free agent.

Horn kept KP on the bench to keep him fresh for the stretch run. KP entered game, hit 2 shots, then did nothing except grab a big OFf rebound. The only reason we lost this game is bc KP wasn?t good. We didn?t need MVP Unicorn tonight, nor an All star.... we just needed a good player make some plays and score points. KP couldn?t. And now this is second year in a row KP has morphed into a pumpkin after the new year.

This the 3rd season KP disappeared after the new year .. Horn don't know how to play KP or what teammates push KP to hustle more .. KP is not a CENTER !!!

Broadway

All Star
What bothered me about Porzingis is MIA defended him with a variety of guys much smaller than him and he wasn't able to dominate. And what happened to all the work he put in the summer to get stronger, watching the game, he looked like a pinball bouncing off of guys he made contact with whether it was off or on the ball. Horn talks all the time about smaller guys crowding him and taking away his legs, that's the way the Heat were defending him.

He needs to face up quicker when receiving the ball on the low block/high post area. I don't think he's every going to be real strong. He waits too long trying to spot a double team instead of getting into his primary move in hopes to counter with secondary move if need be.

He's stuck on the Dot Dot Dot instead of Message Sent