Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Dallas Mavericks 7:00 1/7/2018 [Game #40]

tiger0330

Legend
Got a road win hooray. KP scored 29 but was an inefficient 9-25. Not sure why Carlisle went with Barea down the stretch since he was 3-12 but he missed a wide open 3 that would have given them a 1 pt lead so I'm glad he was in rather than DSJ who hit 2 3s the other day in crunch time against the Bulls.

tiger0330

Legend
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 25
Got a road win hooray. KP scored 29 but was an inefficient 9-25. Not sure why Carlisle went with Barea down the stretch since he was 3-12 but he missed a wide open 3 that would have given them a 1 pt lead so I'm glad he was in rather than DSJ who hit 2 3s the other day in crunch time against the Bulls.

Mavs made that big run in the 4th once they took DSJ and Dirk out. One of these days, maybe I?ll see why you all like DSJ, but tonight, once again, I didn?t see it.

tiger0330

Legend
I think the rest of the league has the playbook on how to defend KP but the Mavs underlined how to do it by putting a bruiser like Matthews on him and KP only went 4-18 when they did. Refs cooperated by letting both teams play.

tiger0330

Legend
Mavs made that big run in the 4th once they took DSJ and Dirk out. One of these days, maybe I’ll see why you all like DSJ, but tonight, once again, I didn’t see it.
I was wondering why Carlisle went off script and had Barea in to close the game but I see DSJ was only 5-14 in the 25 mins he played so he didn't have a great game and he played his typical 25 mins before crunch time.

mafra

Legend
Knits pretty much matched DSJ, and was probably more impactful down the stretch.... KOQ was fantastic, we got enough from KP (how filthy was that KP turnaround unicorn shake he pulled on Matthews) and the bench ( way 2 go Jack) showed up to play... we dominated the glass and hit a few 3s. We?ll take any win we can get on the road.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Knits pretty much matched DSJ, and was probably more impactful down the stretch.... KOQ was fantastic, we got enough from KP (how filthy was that KP turnaround unicorn shake he pulled on Matthews) and the bench ( way 2 go Jack) showed up to play... we dominated the glass and hit a few 3s. We’ll take any win we can get on the road.
One thing for sure is unless Knits shows he can shoot the ball better Horn is not starting him any time soon. Htr10 mentioned that the ball seems to come right off his palm, does he get any rotation on his shot like he should be getting? His shot should be off the finger tips with the seams of the ball rotating all the way to basket.

One thing for sure is unless Knits shows he can shoot the ball better Horn is not starting him any time soon. Htr10 mentioned that the ball seems to come right off his palm, does he get any rotation on his shot like he should be getting? His shot should be off the finger tips with the seams of the ball rotating all the way to basket.

Walt said earlier in the season that the ball looks like it rotates the wrong direction on Ntilikina?s jump shot. Not entirely sure what to make of that though.

mafra

Legend
Maybe Ntilikina needed to get past Sunday?s game with the Mavericks and pass the Dennis Smith Jr. test before he was able to take the next step. Late Sunday, the soft-spoken Ntilikina sounded more confident than he?s been since the night of the draft after outplaying Smith.

?I think I?m improving every day, getting more comfortable on the court every day and off the court, too, about [showing leadership with] the team,?? Ntilikina said. ?I think it?s just the beginning. I?m looking forward to grow up, to keep working on my game. I?m so motivated on what I can do in the future for the team.

?I?m just thankful for it,?? Ntilikina added of his rookie year that has had its good and cautionary moments. ?I love being here, love what I?m doing. I have the chance to play basketball and to do it as my job. I can not ask better.?

(NY Post)