Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Chicago Bulls 1/10/2018 [Game #41]

This is an easy out cop out, It's was pretty well known the day we drafted #kporzee going forward this was a major uphill battle. For all of you who adore him it always comes back to with me how did we get him? How did we get Knits?

Oh through the draft right?

I mean what if Bulls fans spewed what you just wrote? I bet they are saying the same thing since it appears they have a unicorn too? BTW I thought unicorns were supposed to be RARE? Markannen's rookie yr matched against #kporzee's is a spitting image. He more than clearly outplayed him yesterday. With Dunn already LIGHT YRS better than Knits, all this proves is that we need another Lottery Talent!

Nobody can talk their way around this. Bulls can match us talent for talent and they aren't that good but they aren't pushovers.

Markkanen is having a great rookie year, but he is not as good every night as he was against our poor perimeter defense. I am still bothered that Hornacek didn?t go to Lance Thomas to defending Markkanen after he had lit it up so much with his 3 point shooting. Thomas? entire existence on this team is because of his perimeter defense at his size.

In the future, Markkanen may match KP?s offensive game, but he?s not a shot blocker. He?s a 7 footer who averages 0.5 blocks a game.

Broadway

All Star
Markkanen is having a great rookie year, but he is not as good every night as he was against our poor perimeter defense. I am still bothered that Hornacek didn’t go to Lance Thomas to defending Markkanen after he had lit it up so much with his 3 point shooting. Thomas’ entire existence on this team is because of his perimeter defense at his size.

In the future, Markkanen may match KP’s offensive game, but he’s not a shot blocker. He’s a 7 footer who averages 0.5 blocks a game.

If 1-1.5blks/gm is what will separate these two, that's not saying much when we're devoid of talent in other key areas. Markannen has been much better off the bounce and a better shooter. Also #kporzee didn't have a fluid rookie yr...he was productive first month/half...took a dip...then was so-so the rest of the way. Almost a carbon copy of what we're witnessing this yr, except his usage is much higher. Markannen's first 3 mos have bested #kporzee in terms of offense matching rookie yrs.

I give #kporzee the slimmest of edges on upside based on what I've seen and I'm talking a microscopic DNA strand edge

If 1-1.5blks/gm is what will separate these two, that's not saying much when we're devoid of talent in other key areas. Markannen has been much better off the bounce and a better shooter. Also #kporzee didn't have a fluid rookie yr...he was productive first month/half...took a dip...then was so-so the rest of the way. Almost a carbon copy of what we're witnessing this yr, except his usage is much higher. Markannen's first 3 mos have bested #kporzee in terms of offense matching rookie yrs.

I give #kporzee the slimmest of edges on upside based on what I've seen and I'm talking a microscopic DNA strand edge

I think 4 times as many blocks per game says a lot about the difference in 2 players? defensive capabilities. Neither is a good rebounder for their height/position.

mafra

Legend
Yeah, the rookie is like Tony Kucic or H-Turkulu (sp?)... a Detlaf Schrimp (sp?)... what separates KP is he impacts games with his length and shot blocking. A legit threat at rim protecting.... the kid is a more advanced shooter but not Half the defensive presence. Not sure about the rebounding between the 2...

Broadway

All Star
Yeah, the rookie is like Tony Kucic or H-Turkulu (sp?)... a Detlaf Schrimp (sp?)... what separates KP is he impacts games with his length and shot blocking. A legit threat at rim protecting.... the kid is a more advanced shooter but not Half the defensive presence. Not sure about the rebounding between the 2...

When I say their rookie yrs are spitting images thus far they are. The only difference I see is #kporzee ability to get in a video game mode but Markannen is getting to those levels himself. #kporzee is the better defensive player but like I said off the bounce and offensively Markkanen is probably better at a similar stage. We do not clearly have that unique of a prospect anymore and more are on the way, the key is will we get one

Rookie Year Comparisons

attachment.php

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
There was that play where the kid got up and swatted down what I think was a pass not a shot but that wing span and his leaping ability were impressive. He's got a body that's more NBA ready than Porzingis in his first year, he's got the tools to be a defensive force in the middle imo.