Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Chicago Bulls 1/10/2018 [Game #41]

On a night where Markkanen has hit 8 three pointers, you have to wonder why Hornacek has not gone to Lance Thomas to defend him. Thomas is a vastly superior perimeter defender to KP and has decent size.

mafra

Legend
I just saw the CHI Euro rookie jump up in the air, both feet off the ground, spin in a 360 circle, land, then jump again... yet no travel. Now it?s comical and bordering on a gambling addicted ref trying to dictate an outcome.

Maybe the play of the season. Jack inbounds off defender?s back and hits the layup with the shot clock expiring.

mafra

Legend
KP is 8-20 and cant hit anything. CHI getting every loose ball and rebound. It?s obvious Bulls want to win this more. Jack air balls a layup and NYK down 2 with 5 seconds to left. No matter what happens.... time to sell bc there?s no excusing the effort put forth tonight. Absolutely disgusting. Fans should get their money back.

tiger0330

Legend
Markkanen has a athletic ability judging by how high up he got on that swat of a pass by the Knicks. I questioned why they picked him when they had Nic and Portis but not anymore.

I take it all back about Hornacek. That was an amazing play to tie the game and we are going to 2 OT. Jack to KP for the dunk in exactly 4.8 seconds!

tiger0330

Legend
Tricky play by Jack when Dunn had his back turned on the inbound. He tosses it off of Dunns back gets it back and lays it up to tie it.

Jack is carrying us here. Everything that has gone right on offense has been thanks to him. Tie game with 95 seconds to go in double OT.

mafra

Legend
Dunn hits a miracle. Not sure NYK have shot a FT in either OT. They wouldn?t call a foul with MB driving if the minister of defense for North Korea was guarding him. Man, you?d think by accident ref would blow a whistle.... but nope.... poor Beasley.

mafra

Legend
It was tied but Jack misses a shot, turns it over.... KP was fouled while shooting but no call.... surprised? Game-set-match.

Down 2 with 14.5 seconds to go. Bulls ball. In a double OT game that has been this competitive, one mistake can end you.

mafra

Legend
KP and MB take 45 shots yet awarded only 11 FTs. This is unacceptable on your home floor, when they?re being aggressively defending by smaller double teams.