Game Thread: New York Knicks @ MN Timberwolves 8:00 1/12/2018 [Game #42]

mafra

Legend
Just to be clear, it?s 4th quarter and Towns shoves KP down with a blatant push with arm extended, preventing KP from securing the offensive rebound.... then, KAt gets KP in air and jumps into KP and gets free throws (which they aren?t awarding this season when offensive players do that this season)....

This my friend, is what sort of calls ?star? players get at home (except for NYK, of course).

tiger0330

Legend
That bum Walsh gave Crawford and Randolph away for nothing, and both are still producing 10 years later.

KP misses dunk. Bricks a FT.... MIN running us out of the building now.... another 4th quarter collapse.

Is it me or does this team look like they’ve quit on the season? I don’t see the energy and spirit they had earlier this season. It just doesn’t seem like they are playing for one another. Their body language looks awful.

With 8/10 in the road.... this season will be over by end of Jan.
KP kooks gassed, bent down holding his knees and breathing hard.

mafra

Legend
KAT is 1 assist away from a triple double.

Another wasted game as Knicks give 30+ minutes to Jack and Lee. These 2 are not part of the future, we weren?t even competitive in the second half with them playing, and lost anyway. Wouldn?t we see same results with Dotson and Burke?

mafra

Legend
The perennial slide to a top 10 pick continues!!! I got worried there after they went off for a month, following the 0-3 start. But, it now appears this team is right on track with their pre-season expectations. Can we climb as high as a top 5 pick? Not sure... we got some work to do.

I?d sit KP next game. Clearly he?s not healthy.... time to start resting him.

Broadway

All Star

Another wasted game as Knicks give 30+ minutes to Jack and Lee. These 2 are not part of the future, we weren’t even competitive in the second half with them playing, and lost anyway. Wouldn’t we see same results with Dotson and Burke?

Jarret Jack was in Jackem mode tonight. Called almost every play for himself down the stretch a large reason we don't go to the line because our 35yr old point guard constantly goes for his.

Broadway

All Star
The perennial slide to a top 10 pick continues!!! I got worried there after they went off for a month, following the 0-3 start. But, it now appears this team is right on track with their pre-season expectations. Can we climb as high as a top 5 pick? Not sure... we got some work to do.

I’d sit KP next game. Clearly he’s not healthy.... time to start resting him.

We are 6gms away from having the 3rd most losses in the league. I think this is too difficult to pass up because other teams below us are still trying to win gms. We're only 4gms ahead of the Bulls and Mavs(teams that were truly supposed to be bad). Bulls get Lavine back tomorrow, they are still trying to win.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator

Another wasted game as Knicks give 30+ minutes to Jack and Lee. These 2 are not part of the future, we weren’t even competitive in the second half with them playing, and lost anyway. Wouldn’t we see same results with Dotson and Burke?
Yeah this has got to stop. I like Lee and Jack, but they haven't been winning games. I want to see the younger guys try to fight for the Playoffs. If that leads them to the Playoffs, than that's big.

mafra

Legend
We are 6gms away from having the 3rd most losses in the league. I think this is too difficult to pass up because other teams below us are still trying to win gms. We're only 4gms ahead of the Bulls and Mavs(teams that were truly supposed to be bad). Bulls get Lavine back tomorrow, they are still trying to win.

I?m actually bullish on our odds to slide down from a non-playoff team to a legitimate lottery contender. Remember, we had, by a large margin, one of the easiest schedule first 2 months.... our comeuppance is due.

We did get THjr, and will soon commit to youth, so we may see a 3-week revival or something.... but when all is said and done, we just might finish in the top 7 (Ls).

If we?re wise, KP gets shelved by mid March.

mafra

Legend
Yeah this has got to stop. I like Lee and Jack, but they haven't been winning games. I want to see the younger guys try to fight for the Playoffs. If that leads them to the Playoffs, than that's big.

This is what smart teams do. Sink or swim with the future parts.... not only do you deprive the kids from experience when you sit them for worthless vets, but you deny yourself from honest evaluations of your inventory. We?ll go into next season believing Dotson has a role.... maybe he does or maybe he stinks. Learning early and moving on from junk is the key.

Again, difference between winning 26 games and 35 is minuscule during the season but has long lasting ramifications afterwards and beyond.

mafra

Legend
12 shots for Jack
11 shots for Ntikikina, Beasley, McDermott, Dotson and WHG combined. Oh, and MB had 8 of those 11.

Jack won?t be here next September. We lost anyway, but really lost twice bc we hurt our future in some fruitless attempt to steal a meaningless victory in MIN.

tiger0330

Legend
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 14

tiger0330

Legend
Begley blogged some Knicks fans want Horns head. DFDH in that thread complaining about LT getting minutes over Beas, he's got a case with Tim back Beas gets 10 pts in his first 5 mins on the floor but plays only 16 mins for the game scoring 13 pts. Lance gets 29 mins and takes 1 shot and scores zilch. Something is wrong with that picture, maybe the fans calling for Hornaceks head are right.

Minny is a legit contender. We could have had Thibodeau. Thibodeau wanted the Knicks. People complain about PJ, but of all the things he did, costing us Thibodeau might be the biggest grievance.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Minny is a legit contender. We could have had Thibodeau. Thibodeau wanted the Knicks. People complain about PJ, but of all the things he did, costing us Thibodeau might be the biggest grievance.
Porzingis would have experienced levels of being tired he could have never imagined.

Porzingis would have experienced levels of being tired he could have never imagined.

Yeah, that?s true. I need to not think about it. Us not hiring Thibodeau just gets to me. I had made a thread about it a good while back. Hiring Thibodeau was my plan to save this franchise. It would have worked.