Game Thread: New York Knicks vs New Orleans Pelicans 3:30 1/14/2018 [Game #43]

mafra

Legend
That was the game with that long RB off Moores missed 3. AD corrals the ball. They foul AD send him to the line and he makes 1 to make it a 121-118 lead 17.5 left.

I think NYK has 92 points with 3 and a half minutes to go in the THIRD quarter. They end up with what? 120? They started the fourth 4-17 shooting....

tiger0330

Legend
Worst loss this season but maybe it works for the long term for the Knicks. We fire Horn end of season and we get a high lottery pick. If Horn wants to save his job he makes lineup changes starting with benching LT and maybe even Knits. The kid is GLeague talent right now, send him down and give his minutes to Trey, he's a proven NBA player unlike Frank.

mafra

Legend
Get your pitchforks:

?This is as bad of a loss as it gets. The Knicks cruised into the fourth quarter and had a 14-point lead in the final frame, and they found a way to lose in overtime thanks to an embarrassing, inexcusable choke. A spade's a spade: Jeff Hornacek is not a good coach. He fails to make adjustments; he leaves guys rotting on the bench not to play; and the team plays atrociously out of timeouts. This is as unacceptable of a loss as it gets, especially at home, and it falls directly on the head coach.?

Perry will fire PJ?s 4th HC hire as soon as season ends (I?m guessing).

tiger0330

Legend
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 19

mafra

Legend
Worst loss this season but maybe it works for the long term for the Knicks. We fire Horn end of season and we get a high lottery pick. If Horn wants to save his job he makes lineup changes starting with benching LT and maybe even Knits. The kid is GLeague talent right now, send him down and give his minutes to Trey, he's a proven NBA player unlike Frank.

I read that MIA is 55-28 second half last year and first half this year. Just imagine what Erik Spolstra would do with our roster. I guarantee he wouldn?t be 32-51 like NYK over that same stretch.

2 seasons and we?ve seen the exact same thing. Based on what we saw last season, we know this slide won?t stop. I bet we?ll be lucky to go 2-5 next 7 games (all in the road).

I want wins but I want to turn this around more. The only hope we have is to nosedive.... Horn gets fired and we get a top 5 pick.

This team should be much better (record wise). They are competitive most games, can?t beat almost anybody. We just need a real PG, a better coach and some more talent. Until then, it?s more of the same... rinse and repeat.

mafra

Legend
Horn blamed futility at end of regulation on KP not being patient enough.... Said THjr was coming off a Kanter screen; then said Jack made a weak pass (but, hey coach, where was the pass going)?

mafra

Legend

Amen in Knits. He?s a waste right now. He makes some the worst, lazy turnovers I?ve ever seen. It hasn?t stopped... it?s time to show tough love and send him to g-league. Amen brother.

tiger0330

Legend
Horn was pretty cool about the loss. Looking at the road trip as an opportunity for the team to bond. Mentioned something about lineup changes so he's going to do something, I think he starts with cutting Jacks minutes esp late in games. Beas wasn't great this game but 9 mins and Lance gets 25, if he stopped AD game tying bucket OK but he didn't.

mafra

Legend
Team would be smart to sit KP tomorrow. Don?t let him play both games of a back-2-back. Save him for the future and make it more likely this team doesn?t pick up a cheap W tomorrow. Everything should be about getting this ship right by next Nov.

Kiyaman

Legend
Amen in Knits. He?s a waste right now. He makes some the worst, lazy turnovers I?ve ever seen. It hasn?t stopped... it?s time to show tough love and send him to g-league. Amen brother.

I missed game .. Thanks for the Syat-Sheet Tig .... Looks like another Hornacek's 4th quarter Collapse .. Horn's still confuse on how to build an unaccountable lineup on offense having KP or a defensive lineup for stops in the 4th qtr.
Truth b said .. Hornacek would make a nice assistant coach for a NBA team the next 2 to 4 years .. being a head coach in New York is way out of Hornacek and Rambis league today !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Coach Horn did not create or improve the starting 5 lineup in the 4th Qtr. .. we been having 4th qtr. collapse from the starting 3 games of regular season.
Early in the season i thought coach Horn were going to improve the defensive co-existing of the Bench rotation Players Frank, Mcderm, and Quinn by adding Noah n Session to the lineup to start the 2nd quarter and start the 4th quarter ....

Lee and THJ does not belong in the same lineup nor should a coach put the two teammates on the court together

Kiyaman

Legend
Team would be smart to sit KP tomorrow. Don?t let him play both games of a back-2-back. Save him for the future and make it more likely this team doesn?t pick up a cheap W tomorrow. Everything should be about getting this ship right by next Nov.

Three years in a row it look like the future KP Joke is on Knicks fans throughout the months of January February March n April .. well we can depend on KP to be exciting on All-Star weekend till the start of next season

Broadway

All Star
I don't know how we lost this game tonight, will have to look back to the game thread. I was working tonight but hey I'll take the loss we gained in the lottery tonight

paris401

Starter
maybe we r tanking... certainly we have no chance of competing in the east conf. (4get the west) I don't see any top tier FA signing next off season with us, so we gotta get into the lottery and pick a winner... making the playoff's will set us back another year/two...