Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Memphis Grizzlies 8:00 1/17/2018 [Game #45]

mafra

Legend
Maybe the ref is the bandleader of the NYK tank parade! Regardless, this team didn?t start playing until they were down 18.... just tired of watching a bunch of guys wear NYK uniforms who don?t hate losing.

It?s a disgrace this moribund squad doesn?t fight and scratch and claw to beat a team full of G-league type players.

tiger0330

Legend
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 23

mafra

Legend
Knicks now 3-11 last 14 games... from 17-14 to 20-25 in a blink of an eye. It?s not stopping either, with 6 more road games up next.

Broadway

All Star
Knicks now 3-11 last 14 games... from 17-14 to 20-25 in a blink of an eye. It?s not stopping either, with 6 more road games up next.

Stuck at work box scoring again. I saw us get down early and then big in the 3rd. Came here to check on how the game went/ended and see it appears the refs round robin back to us again to show some love. It's been such a bad yr for them the deteriorating relationships between them and the players is at an "all time low".

At the end of the day as I've always said getting screwed evens itself out over the course of a season so it's not like we can use this an excuse for our tumultuous road play or overall record.

Oh and I see Knits and Baker "the future back court" delivered a big fat DONUT for point production. Absolutely atrocious and nothing more than a complete joke!

Broadway

All Star
Shaking My Head at this explanation...SOFF!

Please trade Lee before he cost us another game and becomes virtually untradeable. This is 4gms by my count he's been involved in something boneheaded late in games that are in the balance

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
The Refs didn't give the game to the grizzlies we did that, the ref just put the cheery on top for them.... I always wonder why we don't play full game, it is either we play awful for some time and then we play good for a quarter and a half which will be too short, or we play great for three quarters or so then we disappear at the 4th and we lose the game...... why can't we have a full game from this team and coach?

Kiyaman

Legend
WTH happen .. the Grizz are tanking this season .. are the Knicks this bad .. or is Horn's substitution lineups that bad .. The Grizz were to physical for our starters / plus to quick n tall for our bench players .. Kanter / Quinn needed a PF to help protect the paint ( who is Martin n Green?) What's Lance Thomas trade value in Feb.?
Lee n Jack need to stick to passing n trying to protect the passing lane .. THJ need to coexist on defense .. and Mills need to be interviewing head coaches for next season after this loss.

mafra

Legend
You needed an official program, a detailed program at that, to identify the Knicks? opponent on Wednesday. With Mike Conley and Marc Gasol both out, the Memphis Grizzlies were unrecognizable.

As for the Knicks, well they were easy to identify. They are the team we know all too well. The team that talks about turning their season around on this six-game Western Conference trip only to come up small against a no-name team they have no business losing to.

?They don?t have three starters, there?s no way we should ever get down to a team like that,? Courtney Lee said. ?We did it to ourselves.?

?Talk is cheap,? said Hornacek, who described his team as angry. ?You got to go out there on the court and do it.?

(Isola / NY Daily News)

tiger0330

Legend
Anybody know anything about Jarrel Martin because hes playing like a star or are the Knicks just making him look good.

You needed an official program, a detailed program at that, to identify the Knicks’ opponent on Wednesday. With Mike Conley and Marc Gasol both out, the Memphis Grizzlies were unrecognizable.

As for the Knicks, well they were easy to identify. They are the team we know all too well. The team that talks about turning their season around on this six-game Western Conference trip only to come up small against a no-name team they have no business losing to.

“They don’t have three starters, there’s no way we should ever get down to a team like that,” Courtney Lee said. “We did it to ourselves.”

“Talk is cheap,” said Hornacek, who described his team as angry. “You got to go out there on the court and do it.”

(Isola / NY Daily News)
I said that all game, collection of no names and scrubs that were having career nights against them. At least CLee told it like it is, maybe they wake up. Not sure what the answer is though.

I don?t think everyone understands why that final ref sequence was so bad. Forget the loose ball foul on KP.

The ref is standing there ready to toss the jump ball. THJ is pointing like crazy that the Memphis player is standing with his foot planted in the center zone, which is not where it is supposed to be. The ref tosses the ball anyway, ignoring THJ, who is the Knicks player involved in the jump ball. The Memphis player steals the tip on the way up. The ref calls for the ball back and instead of giving the ball to the Knicks, which should have happened on a stealing the tip violation, he decides to re-toss it. Lee is standing behind the ref, not moving, likely telling the ref that he screwed up. Ref turns around and slaps Lee with the tech. Turns a 3 point game into a 4 point game with seconds to play.

It?s not even about the loss. That sequence on the jump ball is a special kind of bad.

Paul1355

All Star
Shaking My Head at this explanation...SOFF!

Please trade Lee before he cost us another game and becomes virtually untradeable. This is 4gms by my count he's been involved in something boneheaded late in games that are in the balance

Trade lee? He?s only getting paid 10 mil a year which is dirt with the new CBA, is the best free throw shooter in the entire nba on a crazy like 45 shot streak..is averaging career highs of 13 ppg, 46 % fg and 42% from 3 point land...also averaging over a steal a game...he is by far the most consistent knick in the past two seasons and is a glue guy

I don?t think we would get the value in return for him because of his age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul1355

All Star
I don?t think everyone understands why that final ref sequence was so bad. Forget the loose ball foul on KP.

The ref is standing there ready to toss the jump ball. THJ is pointing like crazy that the Memphis player is standing with his foot planted in the center zone, which is not where it is supposed to be. The ref tosses the ball anyway, ignoring THJ, who is the Knicks player involved in the jump ball. The Memphis player steals the tip on the way up. The ref calls for the ball back and instead of giving the ball to the Knicks, which should have happened on a stealing the tip violation, he decides to re-toss it. Lee is standing behind the ref, not moving, likely telling the ref that he screwed up. Ref turns around and slaps Lee with the tech. Turns a 3 point game into a 4 point game with seconds to play.

It?s not even about the loss. That sequence on the jump ball is a special kind of bad.

That ref should never ref a knicks game again..however the Knicks lack of defensive intensity is concerning and showing more and more that they aren?t a playoff team...their only hope is a spark..that would only occur if they change the rotation and give young quicker guys more minutes such as Ntilikina, Burke, Beasley, Gomez, and even baker at times..they have to lower the minutes of jack and and just bench Thomas to a reserve role, he is a waste of minutes. KP and Kanter need to be rested for 4th quarters so the bench needs to be a vital
Part of this team.

If they don?t bring it defensively that?s on coach for not benching guys early and teaching a lesson..defense is effort and mental. Greg poppovich would have benched the starters until they wised up, but hornacek doesn?t have the balls and it?s costing the Knicks the 8th seed and will ultimately cost his job.

Broadway

All Star
You needed an official program, a detailed program at that, to identify the Knicks’ opponent on Wednesday. With Mike Conley and Marc Gasol both out, the Memphis Grizzlies were unrecognizable.

“They don’t have three starters, there’s no way we should ever get down to a team like that,” Courtney Lee said. “We did it to ourselves.”

“Talk is cheap,” said Hornacek, who described his team as angry. “You got to go out there on the court and do it.”

(Isola / NY Daily News)

I appreciate some of them aren't making excuses, it does show some level of character but to be quite honest Courtney Lee(you're a perennial journeyman) and guess what you might as well say you're not a starter either even when present/available to play as one. This is your 7th team in 9yrs of play, if we were to trade you tomorrow we'd never miss you, which should be our main goal at this point

Kiyaman

Legend
The Refs didn't give the game to the grizzlies we did that, the ref just put the cheery on top for them.... I always wonder why we don't play full game, it is either we play awful for some time and then we play good for a quarter and a half which will be too short, or we play great for three quarters or so then we disappear at the 4th and we lose the game...... why can't we have a full game from this team and coach?

It's our head coach Hornacek!
Hornacek substitution coaching loss the game more than the players poor effort to gain the lead throughout the game.
Hornacek NBA coaching record speaks for itself .. I don't beleive Hornacek ever gave any of our Knick players a team-plan on what's expected from them on the court in a 48 minute game.
Hornacek is clueless on how to work several easy offensive scoring plays for 4 of our best scoring players KP / Beasley / Kanter /and THJ .. The Knicks may not be capable of winning a playoff series .. The Knicks depth (adding Noah n Burke) is just as good as any of the East top 4 seeded teams ..
Here are the two lineups coach Horn should have had coexisting well enough to take advantage of a G.League Grizz team ....
Kanter KP Beasley Cee Jack
Quinn Noah Mcderm THJ Knitty
Plus adding Trey Burke into the rotation for spot minutes

Kiyaman

Legend
I appreciate some of them aren't making excuses, it does show some level of character but to be quite honest Courtney Lee(you're a perennial journeyman) and guess what you might as well say you're not a starter either even when present/available to play as one. This is your 7th team in 9yrs of play, if we were to trade you tomorrow we'd never miss you, which should be our main goal at this point

In the Knicks past 30 games this season Courtney Lee has gained coach Hornacek confidence to be the Knicks most minute playing time player on the roster .. Coach Horn has given Lee the court leadership position to run the show for 35 minute per game. RED FLAG!
I like Lee as a Knicks player n veteran for our young core of players however, what i dont like bout Lee .. are coach Horn giving Lee above 24 minute of playing time per game.
Lee is a decent role player who performance is good for 18 minute to 24 minute in the rotation. Especially when a healthy THJ are in the rotation to play 24 to 28 minute a night at the SG position, plus having a healthy Beasely n Mcderm in the rotation to share the SF position minutes a night.
Lee n THJ are decent 2 guards (SG) on our roster that should never be in the same lineup together, especially now that we added PG Trey Burke to the roster to receive rotation playing time minutes to co-exist with teammates.

Paul1355

All Star
In the Knicks past 30 games this season Courtney Lee has gained coach Hornacek confidence to be the Knicks most minute playing time player on the roster .. Coach Horn has given Lee the court leadership position to run the show for 35 minute per game. RED FLAG!
I like Lee as a Knicks player n veteran for our young core of players however, what i dont like bout Lee .. are coach Horn giving Lee above 24 minute of playing time per game.
Lee is a decent role player who performance is good for 18 minute to 24 minute in the rotation. Especially when a healthy THJ are in the rotation to play 24 to 28 minute a night at the SG position, plus having a healthy Beasely n Mcderm in the rotation to share the SF position minutes a night.
Lee n THJ are decent 2 guards (SG) on our roster that should never be in the same lineup together, especially now that we added PG Trey Burke to the roster to receive rotation playing time minutes to co-exist with teammates.

Lee has been the most consistent knick in the past two seasons and his numbers this year show that, dude is efficient. The issue is jack and Thomas averaged a combined 2 points last game and they do that too often..yet coach benched Beasley who can throw up 30 any night he gets hot and benched Frankie who can atleast defend and benches Burke who averaged almost 30 ppg in g league and is a better scorer than jack..then he wastes minutes playing McDermott who is just a slower poor mans kyle korver that can?t defend a lick..and would rather play baker over Burke which makes no sense at this point

He overplays the starters and doesn?t know when to pull the plug when they begin losing the lead.