Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Utah Jazz 10:30 1/19/2018 [Game #46]

tiger0330

Legend
THJ with a 3 and Gobert fouls him. THJ hits 6 3s most by a Knick this season and then does the thing he does best go strong to the rim and throw it down.

Broadway

All Star
Well Burke is making a case to take minutes away from Jack/Knits/Baker. He's played really well, hope he gets his shot

tiger0330

Legend
This might be Treys audition to start. He's still in with the starters. That play where Burke dribbled to the basket created space for KP because the defense had to respect his drive. He passed it to KP for an open 3. Nits picks up his dribble and passes it.

mafra

Legend
Ref gifts UTA 3 points to cut lead to 6... Then C-Lee does his best to throw game away late, forcing a shot (early in shot clock) and bricks it off backboard.

Broadway

All Star
I like what I saw from Burke and I bet no one will talk about his metrics or stature. Good things can come in small packages

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks win 117-115. Not sure Burke starts because that's not Horns style to bench guys after one game but Burke needs a bigger role, looked pretty good despite limited run time with the team.

mafra

Legend
Knicks were 17?14 when they beat BOS right before Xmas. After that, there began a 20 game stretch (with 15 road games) before NYK would go to BOS and face Celtics again.

Knicks are now 4-7 on the road during this stretch... with games at Lakers, Warriors, Nuggets and Suns coming up, before NYK host Nets, to end this 20 game stretch.

They?ve already lost all 4 of their home games (PHI, SA, Bulls, and Pelicans won at MsG) during this run of 20.

20 games. 15 on the road.... after 15 games, NYK are now 4-11. It?s possible they win 3 of the next 5... maybe even 4....

If they win 4/5, and end 20 game stretch at 8-12.... well, even then... it?s probably would most of us feared they would do...

But given THjr injury and poor KP play.... 8-12 would actually feel like a minor victory.

Kiyaman

Legend
We won .. but we need a new head coach asap .. The Jazz had so many opportunities to still this game from us .. KP was non-effective for us in the 4th qtr. KP 2 rebounds in 31 minute should have sat out the 4th qtr. .. Beasley n Mcderm defensive effort n THJ scoring along with Burke playmaking skills won this game in the final quarter .. GO KNICKS .. Win on the road !!!

mafra

Legend
I like what I saw from Burke and I bet no one will talk about his metrics or stature. Good things can come in small packages

Not saying he?s Isaiah Thomas (the 2.0 version)... or even Jeremy Lin... but, hey, we can always hope we find lightning in bottle again and we see in Burke what BOS saw with IT.

tiger0330

Legend
CLee jumping in on Trey and THJ post game pumping Burke as the spark tonight. I know who CLee wants to see as the starting PG. THJ did say we got lucky with all those Jazz misses to pull out the game.