Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Phoenix Suns 9:00 1/26/2018 [Game #50]

mafra

Legend
Burke is continuing his super solid play which is great but winning gms against Brooklyn/Utah/Phx is nothing to whistle out loud about. We didn't sit #kporzee in any of these games but I'm happy the All-Star beat up on a has been in Dudley instead of giving Draymond the same energy.

Knicks had no shot losing this game with Booker being a non-factor. I agree that KP should?ve sat today.... but, even without KP we win this game. PHO is bad and in full fledge tank mode.

A 3-4 road trip means NYK heading to a lost campaign.... No playoffs and no top 7 pick. This is why it?s imperative to stop playing Lee and Jack after trade deadline. Heck, even MB (unless we plan on re-signing him). Hopefully, if we deal Lee and MB and cut Jack.... we?re in position to make a run at a top 7 pick. Maybe even shelf THjr and KP first sign of injury.

Ntilikina drives through the defense and hits the layup. You can see it in Ntilikina?s eyes. He knows Burke?s emergence is bad news for him. Step up, Frank, step up.

tiger0330

Legend
Highlight of the night for the Suns. House with his heels over the out of bounds line he hits an off-balance corner three falling out of bounds. O

Broadway

All Star
Booker was shameful how he carried himself, lost a little respect for him after tonight. Can't front run only when the scoring is good. Do better young fella

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks had no shot losing this game with Booker being a non-factor. I agree that KP should’ve sat today.... but, even without KP we win this game. PHO is bad and in full fledge tank mode.

A 3-4 road trip means NYK heading to a lost campaign.... No playoffs and no top 7 pick. This is why it’s imperative to stop playing Lee and Jack after trade deadline. Heck, even MB (unless we plan on re-signing him). Hopefully, if we deal Lee and MB and cut Jack.... we’re in position to make a run at a top 7 pick. Maybe even shelf THjr and KP first sign of injury.
That kind of tanking is not going to happen. We'll see what happens with Burke, I think odds are Burke eats into Nits minutes and not Jacks. If Burke does become an NBA player from here maybe what happens to Frank that it takes him 4 yrs before he can take a starting job as an NBA PG.

tiger0330

Legend
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 16

Broadway

All Star
Cousins tore his achilles tonight, out for the season. Maybe they will be looking for a big, Quinn or Kanter.

Saw this happen live and it was a sad situation. They were starting to play pretty well. At least he has the type of game where it shouldn't affect his ability to play at the highest level

tiger0330

Legend
Saw this happen live and it was a sad situation. They were starting to play pretty well. At least he has the type of game where it shouldn't affect his ability to play at the highest level
He'll probably be out through the beginning of next season. I agree he's not an explosive high flyer, so he should come back 100%, hurts his max contract chances none the less. Pels have been about a .500 team since acquiring him, they'll have a big decision to make on him though like you said the Pels were starting to put it together with the AD Cuz pairing.

mafra

Legend
Hurts his free agency.... A shame... But it does help NYK, bc with DeAndre Jordan, Cousins, maybe even Favors.... Big man market was saturated. Teams always need a big for the stretch run.... If Knicks don?t trade 1 of their 4 Cs.... Fire Perry.

Knits and Burke have a little Ward-Childs in them....

I think Frank will develop into a solid offensive PG by the time he?s 25... Sure... He seems like he?s a grinder, and will work at his craft.

I think Burke has the ability to be a rotation player. I think 6th man role is ideal, and NYK should be grooming him this season for that role.

I think NY best served starting Knits and letting him learn from his mistakes. Use Burke as 6th man (and 4th Q closing G when on).

tiger0330

Legend
Hurts his free agency.... A shame... But it does help NYK, bc with DeAndre Jordan, Cousins, maybe even Favors.... Big man market was saturated. Teams always need a big for the stretch run.... If Knicks don’t trade 1 of their 4 Cs.... Fire Perry.

Knits and Burke have a little Ward-Childs in them....

I think Frank will develop into a solid offensive PG by the time he’s 25... Sure... He seems like he’s a grinder, and will work at his craft.

I think Burke has the ability to be a rotation player. I think 6th man role is ideal, and NYK should be grooming him this season for that role.

I think NY best served starting Knits and letting him learn from his mistakes. Use Burke as 6th man (and 4th Q closing G when on).
I don't agree with the approach, he's missing some skills needed as an NBA PG like dribbling and an NBA shot. Let him hone those skills down in the GLeague with minutes and bring him up when he's ready. Galloway, Lin, Burke, Jimmer and Baker all spent time down in the GLeague and I think a few of them were more NBA ready then him. I'm also curious if he would dominate in the GLeague like Jimmer and Burke did.

Now Dudley and Kanter are beefing on Twitter...SIGH!

Honestly, I think the stuff specifically with Kanter is all in good fun. He told Jared Dudley that he has a ?retirement body?. It?s kind of hilarious.

Kanter and Steven Adams are like best friends and Adams called Kanter a douchebag during an interview after hearing that Kanter said that he voted for Adams for the All-Star Game.

Kiyaman

Legend
I don't agree with the approach, he's missing some skills needed as an NBA PG like dribbling and an NBA shot. Let him hone those skills down in the GLeague with minutes and bring him up when he's ready. Galloway, Lin, Burke, Jimmer and Baker all spent time down in the GLeague and I think a few of them were more NBA ready then him. I'm also curious if he would dominate in the GLeague like Jimmer and Burke did.

The 19 yr old PG Frank has to much length to be in the G League .. we need a head coach to see that our 19 yr old rookie gets mentoring playing time minutes inside lineup tandem alongside a NBA PG Jack, then tandem alongside PG Burke as a wing Combo-guard. It's a shame coach Horn never put rookie Frank n PG Sessions in a lineup the 35 games Session were a Knick.
What part of 19 yr old rookie PG don't coach Hornacek don't understand ???

Kiyaman

Legend
Burke is on fire. He?s only 25, a former lottery pick. Am I crazy to think he hasn?t IT potential? It?s uo to NYK to get it out of him, but I?ve seen enough to see that he has the potential to be an explosive scorer....

Enough of Jack please. Build for future. We may have a great defensive PG and another great offensive PG. Start Knits and build him up and then let Burke and Beasley go to work with the second unit.

If we come out of this season with a top ten pick and have found a gem in Burke, then hit with one of our second rounders.... this would be a very fruitful year.

I don't understand why our starting 5 players dont coexist well enough on offense/defense to pull out 50% of their crunchtime wins .. i dont understand why our top 5 bench players "Burke Knits Mcderm Beasley n Quinn are not in the same lineup every game to start the 2nd quarter n start the 4th quarter to have a coexisting bench lineup in the rotation.
If we keep mixing different lineups each game n never let our players get familiar with each other by being in the same lineup then at the end of the season it will be hard to mention what players are KEEPERS for next season.

Paul1355

All Star
Burke! If you don?t start him then make him and Beasley your main guys off the bench. Frank lost his job by throwing the ball away too many times and not creating for other players in the offense. It?s Burke time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broadway

All Star
He'll probably be out through the beginning of next season. I agree he's not an explosive high flyer, so he should come back 100%, hurts his max contract chances none the less. Pels have been about a .500 team since acquiring him, they'll have a big decision to make on him though like you said the Pels were starting to put it together with the AD Cuz pairing.

Cousins is getting all his money for that very reason. This injury won't affect the type of game he plays, he might lose a little defensively that's it.

Matthews/Parsons/Kobe/Melo/Wade/Whiteside/Embiid/Griffin/Lowry/Reggie Jackson...All of these guys off the top of my head got max money/near max money off of an injury riddled, injury nagging, washed up declining season, a down season. Cousins is getting his money if they believe in his recovery

Broadway

All Star
Cousins is getting all his money for that very reason. This injury won't affect the type of game he plays, he might lose a little defensively that's it.

Matthews/Parsons/Kobe/Melo/Wade/Whiteside/Embiid/Griffin/Lowry/Reggie Jackson...All of these guys off the top of my head got max money/near max money off of an injury riddled, injury nagging, washed up declining season, a down season. Cousins is getting his money if they believe in his recovery

Well one things for sure AD wants him around for good

tiger0330

Legend
Burke! If you don’t start him then make him and Beasley your main guys off the bench. Frank lost his job by throwing the ball away too many times and not creating for other players in the offense. It’s Burke time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty sure Horn is going to run that 3 PG rotation with a smattering of Ron Baker as a combo guard thrown in. Knicks have several days off for practice, maybe Burke can work his way into first PG off the bench come Tues and the PG who finishes the game.