Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Phoenix Suns 9:00 1/26/2018 [Game #50]

Paul1355

All Star
Pretty sure Horn is going to run that 3 PG rotation with a smattering of Ron Baker as a combo guard thrown in. Knicks have several days off for practice, maybe Burke can work his way into first PG off the bench come Tues and the PG who finishes the game.

Burke is pushing even jack out of the way as becoming the starter. He has chemistry with hardaway from their days in Michigan and he can break down the defense and free up buckets for Kp and take some needed pressure off of him.

Based on what we have seen Burke is the best point guard on the team. Jack is a stabilizing vet but his age, stamina and lack of defense means he should be a backup. Ntilikina blew his chance to start this year. His consistent telegraphed turnovers are hard to stomach with his lack of aggressiveness on offense. He doesn?t create as much as he should. He passes the ball off and let?s other guys create which is not breaking down a defense or helping make others guys better for that matter.

Frank needs to sit on the bench and play as an off ball 2 guard when Burke or jack are playing the point. I prefer frank over baker but I can see frank and baker switching it up at the off ball 2 guard spot.

Burke needs to be the starter or main pg off the bench for rest of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul1355

All Star
Hurts his free agency.... A shame... But it does help NYK, bc with DeAndre Jordan, Cousins, maybe even Favors.... Big man market was saturated. Teams always need a big for the stretch run.... If Knicks don?t trade 1 of their 4 Cs.... Fire Perry.

Knits and Burke have a little Ward-Childs in them....

I think Frank will develop into a solid offensive PG by the time he?s 25... Sure... He seems like he?s a grinder, and will work at his craft.

I think Burke has the ability to be a rotation player. I think 6th man role is ideal, and NYK should be grooming him this season for that role.

I think NY best served starting Knits and letting him learn from his mistakes. Use Burke as 6th man (and 4th Q closing G when on).

Fire Perry? Really? Your trippin on that knicks high expectation drug. Gomez is still developing and barely played so keeping him on the cheap is better. Oquinn is arguably just as good as kanter and kanter is the heart and soul of the team right now so they are not easy decisions. Noah needs to go but you can?t trade him and waiving him stretches his contract for years on end.

What can they do that would make you want to not fire Perry? Lol

mafra

Legend
Fire Perry? Really? Your trippin on that knicks high expectation drug. Gomez is still developing and barely played so keeping him on the cheap is better. Oquinn is arguably just as good as kanter and kanter is the heart and soul of the team right now so they are not easy decisions. Noah needs to go but you can?t trade him and waiving him stretches his contract for years on end.

What can they do that would make you want to not fire Perry? Lol

KOQ and Kanter can become free agents after the season; there?s a need for them around the NBA. WHG is an attractive young piece.... we are stuck with Noah. It?s Perry?s job as GM to turn a surplus into something.... to trade from a strength... and to build for the future.

Isn?t this what GMs are supposed to do? Fire Perry was just hyperbole... to get my point by across.