New York Knicks at Milwaukee Bucks - Friday, 2/2/18 at 8PM

mafra

Legend
Yeah, you called it. Just frustrating. This team has been anti-silver lining. We play the vets too much and still lose. We somehow have ugly situations with both a young guy (WHG) and a veteran (Noah) at the same position. Our odds of flipping anyone for an asset at the trade deadline are low. Our odds of getting a high draft pick are low. Our odds of making the playoffs are low. I?m just bummed out at this point.

I hear you... I?ve told myself I?m done like 8 times already this season, and yet I keep coming back for more. Lately, it?s not even enjoyable b-ball. At least in Nov-Dec they were playing quality ball.... passing and playIng defense. None of that anymore.

I forgave Horn for not playing WHG bc Kanter and KOQ were playing well....But KOQ has been non-existent lately... And how Horn benched MB earlier and now how he has benched Burke suddenly, after 2 quality games, is inexplicable. Especially with Baker out.

Who the hell wants to watch Jack and Lee okay nearly 40 minutes a game? Neither should be on the floor after the 8-minute mark in the 4th... the next time Jack creates an easy look for KP in the fourth somebody slap me.

mafra

Legend
?It was only fitting the final desperation heave off the ensuing inbounds was by Tim Hardaway Jr., who had a terrible outing. Hardaway flung the ball up and missed badly, leaving him at 1-of-14 for the night. He was 1-of-10 in Boston on Wednesday, miring him in a certifiable funk.

With 1:05 left, Hardaway missed two free throws in a 90-90 game, but the ball bounced back to him. Unfortunately, he didn?t pass and missed on a drive with one minute left. He finished with six points.

Hardaway also had three turnovers. With 7:30 left, he drove and threw a crosscourt pass that got intercepted. In the third quarter, he grabbed a rebound, then had it stolen for a Bucks layup.

For the past two games, Hardaway?s $71 million contract has looked worse than exiled Joakim Noah?s $72 million deal.

Porzingis didn?t come up big in the fourth quarter either, finishing with 17 points on 6-of-15 shooting. He did have a rejection of an Antetokounmpo jumper.

Kanter could barely talk before the game because of a new set of eight stitches in his lip. He did his talking on the court and wound up with 17 points and 16 rebounds.

Kanter had lacerated his lip in practice Monday, needing stitches. He reinjured the lip in Boston on Wednesday and needed more stitches, making it difficult for him to communicate with the media ? which is his specialty.

Kanter kept the Knicks in it and had a double-double ? 11 points with 10 rebounds, five of them offensive rebounds ? in the first half.?

mafra

Legend
?The Knicks, who regained possession after Antetokounmpo missed a fade away, found Kanter under the basket. He had been the Knicks best offensive option, finishing with 17 points and 18 rebounds. But Kanter?s shot from close range was altered by Antetokounmpo.

?I got hit on the hand,? Kanter would say afterwards.

(Of course it was a foul Enis, but refs don?t blow whistle on the MIL star).

The Bucks had possession with 24 seconds left and held for one shot. First, the Greek Freak was guarded by Kristaps Porzingis and eventually found himself isolated on Kanter at the free throw line. One giant step and spin move later and Antetokounmpo was at the rim.?

(Why Horn didn?t send a double to force the pass is perplexing)

The Knicks called a time out to set up a final play but the best they could get was a quick, contested three from Hardaway. The Knicks made just 5 of 25 3-pointers while the Bucks made 7 of 24.

Milwaukee, coming off Thursday?s loss at Minnesota, improved to 28-23 while the Knicks fell to 23-30. The Bucks celebrated the return of Jabari Parker, who had missed a year with a second major knee injury. Parker scored 12 points in 15 minutes.

Their point guard, Eric Bledsoe, was limited to just 21 minutes before fouling out. Neither team found a rhythm; Porzingis made 6 of 15 shots and was visibly frustrated during one sequence in the second half when Hardaway didn?t get him the ball.

(Timmy doesn?t pass, but KP doesn?t pass either). No wonder both idolize Melo).

Broadway

All Star
Yeah, you called it. Just frustrating. This team has been anti-silver lining. We play the vets too much and still lose. We somehow have ugly situations with both a young guy (WHG) and a veteran (Noah) at the same position. Our odds of flipping anyone for an asset at the trade deadline are low. Our odds of getting a high draft pick are low. Our odds of making the playoffs are low. I’m just bummed out at this point.

Well it's not as bad as it looks from Lottery perspective we're 4gms back of being in 7th place worst record. Really the first regular season assessment of team, needs to come at around the Dec 15th mark...I believe the first day "all players" are eligible to be traded, there are many who are available prior to this date.

I say this because after a full month and some change into a season an organization should have a good pulse on their team. In particular those with expectations/high expectations. The Bucks didn't wait until the deadline to address their issue, they made a trade very early on to ensure they wouldn't continue a slippage on making the playoffs, meanwhile the Knicks always wait until all the sand in the hourglass runs out to do nothing.

We should be a team of quick action once this date arrives...we can either be buyers or sellers and pick a path for heavy development. Tell me which one have we chosen?

I knew this team was in trouble as soon as WHG didn't understand why he wasn't getting any PT early on and Hornacek's BS excuse. Hornacek tipped his hand on what he wasn't willing to do, which was develop young talent. We saw this right away by minutes doled out and his rotations. While #kporzee started the season on fire the makeup of our team and expectation for him to continue throughout the whole season was never sustainable nor reasonable. The guy does have a medical condition of anemia(he told us he's tired like after 2mos of play and he looks it and the numbers show).

Did our front office make haste by acquiring vets to solidify playoff push/separation/steady the team?

We're spending too much time trying to win media battles with the fan base in comparison to previous regimes which is a complete joke. The past was the past. While no one wants us to give up picks or talent like we did in the past but if it actually makes sense to do so and it marries with the agenda then go for it. Make good decisions

Baker is done for the yr essentially
WHG has been nearly exiled
Dotson is he still on the team
We cut Kuz for Jack right
Knits and McDermott have been afterthoughts often with limited minutes played

^^^^^^^^^^^ those were the 25 and under guys right?(Kuz exception but close enough). So only THJR and Kanter managed to remain teflon to the 25 and under but really neither needed development they were established players already. Clearly Perry(I do not like him and for surely never liked Mills) flat out lied to our souls here. Not to mention THJR missed a ton of gms and still no real development of youth(the opportunity of excuse was there). For the record look at Orlando and Sacramento currently, Perry came from both organizations see a trend?

This is why I'm hoping we sink like the titanic because the draft is the only thing that can save a franchise who doesn't have a plan.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Preach it brother. So true. Dolan-Mills-Perry-Horn arguably the worst owner-prez-GM-coach in all sports.... not many worst combos aside from Browns, Lions, White Sox and some other orgs

So, does anything else really matter? Unless we accidentally back into a good team, bc we hit on a draft pick and a free agent chooses us (thus making this team talented enough to attract others) we are doomed for another bad decade.

Dolan probably doesn?t sell team until at least 2030.... so we are pretty much doomed people.

Mills is an abolsute bum. Perry doesn?t impress me. Horn isn?t an NBA head coach....

Like you said, you can finish in the 6-8 range and have legit hope (like PHi) to jump up in the draft... KP should never play 2 games in back-2-back games. Rest of the way, he plays one and sits the other. If Jack is playing more than 15 minutes in 2 weeks then somebody should be arrested and call social services for child abuse.

CoolClyde

attachment.php

Attachments

• horn.jpg
    horn.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 17

jimkcchief88

All Star
This was my point when we dumped Melo. I don?t trust this front office for the rebuild. I?m glad we at least got Kanter in return and hope we can somehow keep him. But ?ISO-Melo? looks ok with all-stars around him. Meanwhile KP is living the life of double-teams because he is only consistent scoring threat on the team. JJ still starting at point😳??? Why bother watching Knicks games. It?s embarrassing really. Another lost season and I bet we pick another ?Euro-project? that none have us have seen play and whose name we can?t pronounce with our 8-12 pick😡

mafra

Legend
4. In the post-game locker room, Michael Beasley, wearing a green Kevin Durant Seattle Supersonics throwback jersey, hummed loudly for several minutes with his locker nearest to Kanter?s. The Knicks center attempted to conduct his post-game interview through the obnoxious noise. It seemed Beasley was trying to drown out the interview ? perhaps a sign of protest for getting pulled with 10:13 left. The Knicks limped along to score 16 final-period points in his return to Milwaukee, Beasley launched up a couple of bad shots ? including a one-footed off-balance heave that had Hornacek in pain on the sidelines. It wasn?t surprising he got the hook after going 3 of 8

4. In the post-game locker room, Michael Beasley, wearing a green Kevin Durant Seattle Supersonics throwback jersey, hummed loudly for several minutes with his locker nearest to Kanter?s. The Knicks center attempted to conduct his post-game interview through the obnoxious noise. It seemed Beasley was trying to drown out the interview ? perhaps a sign of protest for getting pulled with 10:13 left. The Knicks limped along to score 16 final-period points in his return to Milwaukee, Beasley launched up a couple of bad shots ? including a one-footed off-balance heave that had Hornacek in pain on the sidelines. It wasn?t surprising he got the hook after going 3 of 8

...what the hell? Loud humming?

mafra

Legend
...what the hell? Loud humming?

Maybe he was protesting Horn?s awful coaching final few possessions. Hasn?t coach heard he can make defensive moves? Last possession he leaves Kanter in, has KP and Kanter switch immediately and doesn?t demand double team inn Ante. Can?t design a scheme on the fly worse than that costly blunder

Maybe he was protesting Horn?s awful coaching final few possessions. Hasn?t coach heard he can make defensive moves? Last possession he leaves Kanter in, has KP and Kanter switch immediately and doesn?t demand double team inn Ante. Can?t design a scheme on the fly worse than that costly blunder

Yeah, that ending was pretty terrible. Still, not sure I?m a fan of protesting the coaching in the locker room by humming loudly.

Paul1355

All Star
This is the kind of game that gets a coach fired just for the hope the team goes on a winning streak. Why continue to play hardaway? He was having his worst game of the season and continued to play despite ntilikina playing a great game and Burke sitting the bench when we forget he had back to back 18 point games...speaking of which why in the hell did Burke only play 5 minutes last game and 0 this game?????

What the hell is going on!?

Why did Beasley get benched in the 4th???

Coach has a lot to answer for. This was a winnable game and the bucks did not play well at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Sad to say, this is the first time I don't even care watching Knicks games at this point of a season. I got a little bit into at the end last night, but not much. No surprise with the result. I'm not gonna get excited about the potential of Jarrett Jack.

Last edited:

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
We can blame Horn for the rotation in the game, but playing the young players i guess this is a decision from the management not him. they should tell him we need this amount of minutes for these players because we want to develop our young talents. I don't think it is Horns decision to say we develop or we give the playoff a shot....

Paul1355

All Star
I agree that Hornacek has been awful and needs to go, but players doing juvenile things like this give Hornacek ammo to put the blame on them.

Not enough people are talking about hornacek on the hot seat though

Paul1355

All Star
We can blame Horn for the rotation in the game, but playing the young players i guess this is a decision from the management not him. they should tell him we need this amount of minutes for these players because we want to develop our young talents. I don't think it is Horns decision to say we develop or we give the playoff a shot....

The coach makes the decisions on rotations and has his favorites in lance Thomas ?the co captain? who sucks and would barely play on any other team. He is so much like Mike Dantonis version of Jared Jeffries it?s not even funny. All defense, can?t score and is overrated by the coach while not playing better guys as a result. You need to favor the guys that have the talent and skill, the hustle guys come in when you?re having an off game.

Jack starting makes no sense anymore. Ntilikina and Burke can play better defense and offense than jack..we are wasting time playing him over 30 min a game, especially when we can use a two pg system that coach reverted from with Burke and frank

paris401

Starter
Maybe he was protesting Horn?s awful coaching final few possessions. Hasn?t coach heard he can make defensive moves?

coach's D moves... i see why beasley has be on so many teams... he plays no D... none...zero...nada ... they should cut his ass... let him go humming on the A train... he's a bum