Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Atlanta Hawks 12:00 2/4/2018 [Game #54]

Broadway

All Star
Dedmon came up with a key OR with a 4 pt Knicks lead, kicked it out to Muscala who made a 3 followed by Bazemore 's 4th 3 from the left corner. Kanter wasn't in to finish as usual but his rebounding might have helped as much as Horn thinks his D hurts. THJ better snap out of it because if he finishes the season like this we're going to be saying Mills paid what to sign him.

Thanks for the explanation Tig, as the saying goes..."bad teams find ways to lose"

As far as THJR that's already a forgone conclusion...Courtney Lee's play stacked against his this yr, is the proven evidence. They don't make the same money. Ironically ATL was only willing to pay THJR what Courtney Lee is currently making. No way should THJR have been given that deal in any lifetime.

Some thought his absence and return were the reason for sour play and solution to our problems. He's not a difference maker, he's never been one at any point in his NBA career, this season proves what the evidence has shown throughout. Him being a starter is actually a joke at best he's probably a 6th man.

Kiyaman

Legend
Wow! That was a quick afternoon LOSS for bum coach Hornacek !!!

.. I did say I would DNP Tim Hardaway for today afternoon game .. TIRED KP almost had a double-double in 32 minutes vs the Lottery Hawks .. Dolan has to pay millions to get KP on the All Star team .. KP weak performance is not a 30 minute NBA player.

Hornacek starter 5 lineup can not beat the 15-37 Lottery Hawks !!!

I said it at the beginning of the season n I will keep repeating it "THJ is not a starter he's a 6th man off the bench"
.. "Lee is a 20 minute starter at the SG position." .. Jack is a 21 minute PG until he become more creative." .. "Lee and THJ should never be in the same lineup together the two players only know how to perform at one position SG !!!

mafra

Legend
The Knicks blew a six-point lead in the final 2:13 and a four-point lead in the last minute in a ghastly 99-96 matinee defeat. The struggling Hardaway made a series of disastrous misplays ? and the referees took away one of his rare baskets in a mind-boggling sequence.

?It?s a tough loss, probably the toughest of the year,?? Hornacek said.

?We don?t know how to win yet,?? Porzingis said. ?We don?t know how to finish games and win games at the end. My fingers can count how many games we?ve lost like this at the last moment.

?Honestly the feeling is I can?t even process we lost,? he added. ?I can?t believe it. It was our game ? 100 percent our game.?

The collapse started with Porzingis missing the back end of a pair of free throws with 1:07 left and the Knicks up four.

Hardaway grabbed the rebound, but instead of trying to kill the clock, he hoisted up a brick, giving the Hawks a chance.

?We all know it wasn?t a good shot and he knows it,?? said Porzingis, who scored 16 of his 22 points in the second half to go with eight rebounds, five blocks and four steals. ?He shot the ball too early and should?ve kept the ball and let the time run out. Stuff happens. We make mistakes. I missed the free throw.?

?Personally I wouldn?t say tough [loss],? Lee said. ?I would say the most embarrassing game we lost.?

Remember when the Pelicans loss was the toughest loss of the year? What was that, 2 weeks ago? Y?know your team is in trouble when every few games you?re having your ?toughest loss of the season?.

paris401

Starter
Knicks trail by 8 late in the 1st half on their home court to arguably the worst team in the NBA. Geez.

so we lost to the worse team in the nba... guess that makes us a worser team...or maybe that means we should be in the G-league....

tiger0330

Legend
Remember when the Pelicans loss was the toughest loss of the year? What was that, 2 weeks ago? Y’know your team is in trouble when every few games you’re having your “toughest loss of the season”.
Pels are over .500 and at the time they had both AD and Cuz.

Hardaway better snap out of it. Missed a T down the stretch, low bball iq play taking a shot too early in the clock. Being out of bounds on that inbounds play in the final seconds, bonehead plays and choking FTs in the last 2 games can't be blamed on a shooting slump. Holiday is looking pretty good right now.

I hate both the Patriots and Eagles. A helmet to helmet hit has probably left Brandin Cooks flat out unconscious on that last play.

Broadway

All Star
So glad I finally quit on this team.... avoided wasting 2 hours of my life watching them.... feels good not to be pissed off on a Sunday bc our Knicks are a disaster....

Going 6-16 last 22 was all the evidence I needed.... 6-17 now.

KP 9-20. THjr a disaster again. Isn?t this the second loss to ATL this season?

It?s all about the tank now.

#kporzee at this point is nothing more than a lesser version of the genesis of a declining Melo. His PPS last couple mos very suspect, he's averaging 1ast/gm that's pretty disgusting from a player who shoots almost 19fg/gm, his fg% has flatlined to about 41% for the past 2 1/2mos, he doesn't show up enough in crunch time.

Since we're headed to the lottery with the Tank revving heavy I'm not sure what our approach should be during the draft. As of now I'd say BPA considering #kporzee may not be here in a couple yrs.

Paul1355

All Star
Fire hornacek, bench hardaway until he wakes up...make the bench Burke/Frank/Beasley and oquinn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kiyaman

Legend
Missed the extra point. Yeah for me bc I have 9&3 1st quarter box.

My bad .. I assume both kickers wouldn't miss regular fg in Superbowl ..
Patriot's White goes for a Touchdown leaving 2 min remainig nnn Philly Foles gets the ball down to a 4th n goal to do a quarter back switch for a Touchdown by Foles

Halftime .. Philly 22 .. Patriots 12

tiger0330

Legend
#kporzee at this point is nothing more than a lesser version of the genesis of a declining Melo. His PPS last couple mos very suspect, he's averaging 1ast/gm that's pretty disgusting from a player who shoots almost 19fg/gm, his fg% has flatlined to about 41% for the past 2 1/2mos, he doesn't show up enough in crunch time.

Since we're headed to the lottery with the Tank revving heavy I'm not sure what our approach should be during the draft. As of now I'd say BPA considering #kporzee may not be here in a couple yrs.
Definitely BPA, the problem is the Knicks under Mills have no clue. We hope Perry is better. Wouldn't surprise me if like Jordan Hill we don't give up and trade Ntilikina before his rookie contract expires. He doesn't even have an NBA ready body, if the Knicks start him and give him 25-30 mins every night, he'll injure something. that's why Hornacek has to bring him along slowly until his body matures and gets stronger.

God help us if THJ turns into a bust, we'll be looking for another backcourt next year.

Kiyaman

Legend
Definitely BPA, the problem is the Knicks under Mills have no clue. We hope Perry is better. Wouldn't surprise me if like Jordan Hill we don't give up and trade Ntilikina before his rookie contract expires. He doesn't even have an NBA ready body, if the Knicks start him and give him 25-30 mins every night, he'll injure something. that's why Hornacek has to bring him along slowly until his body matures and gets stronger.

God help us if THJ turns into a bust, we'll be looking for another backcourt next year.

Com-on Tig .. Hornacek don't have the coaching experience nor plan on how to develop college to NBA .. 19 yr old Frank were NBA ready physically during training camp .. Hornacek coaching has favorite way to much playingtime to .. Courtney Lee / KP / Lance Thomas / Jack / and a 5-30 shooting THJ

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
do we have available coaches that we can hire? or as usual we have to through the whole season in the can and wait for next year...... life is too short for this.... we don't need more frustration in our lives....

Broadway

All Star

YIKES you saw this coming huh Tig?

Or is this just a classic case of putting Frank in the Tank?

paris401

Starter
If it means Burke can play more minutes and save this pathetic team then I am okay with frank sitting
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

save us from what???
there r '3' ways to improve... 1st is via trades... since we have nuthin of value , thats DOA... next way is free agency... there r no tier 1 FA's coming this way... n finally there is the draft... the better we play, the later our pick n the chance of getting a stud diminish...

looks like we better tank...