do u agree with my line up??

H20 OFFdaHizZLe

Benchwarmer
i think the main problem with the knicks is the fact that we dont have a true low post player besides kurt thomas that can rebound, score, and so on. also, unfortunately, our point guard stephon marbury isnt much effective down the stretch and takes a lot of shots and misses. and if im wrong im sorry but i feel that like once marbury gets his 8 assists he stops passing and becomes selfish, and by far he's NOT the best pg in the league. so i've thought about a few changes the knicks can make to make this team effective.

1. we cannot let the young players go (ariza, sweetney, crawford)
2. get kirk hinrich --> he's a true point guard with great passing abilities
3. get a forward --> i think shawn marion would be good
4. say goodbye to marbury, penny, vin baker, tim thomas

now what do you guys think???

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
kurt thomas is not a low post scorer. thats his problem. his offense commes from that mid range jumper. thats great, but it makes a PG's life much easier when he can just dump the ball down low to a big man and let him do all the work. id trade kurt, an aging PF who always seems to be in foul trouble and the last guy to make it back in transition.

marbury might be the best scoring PG in the league, but he's not the best point guard, i agree. point guards shouldn't be the best scorers on a team. he's expendable, i agree.

i like luke ridnour. maybe we can somehow sway him away from seattle. i dont think he can be an all star, but i still like his energy, he seems to have quick feet and a good passion for the game without a bad attitude. and since he doesn't seem to be talked about that much, maybe we wouldnt have to give up too much to get him.

i dont think phoenix is crazy enough to give up marion (a top 10 player in the nba) without getting a whole lot in return.

Blumatic

Rotation player
Who says Steph can't pass.Whats wron with a Scoring Point. He can pass as good as any of them and score better. I understand the losing is a cause for a big change. But booting Steph is just gonna make things worse. Look we got a jewel in our hands. He can be a so very valuable. Hinrich is a very good player, but he would help this mess that we have here. Not even Magic Johnson could help this team. Look with Marbury's talent our back court is solid offensively. Crawford doesn't even need to shoot much. We just need a player to compliment Steph. Imagine what a shot blocker would mean to Steph. Fastbreak galore. What if Steph played for the Pistons instead of Chaucey. They would be in a better position than where they are right now. No point guard can help this team win.

NYKnicks15

Starter
yea the suns giving up marion??? hahaha not even close to being possible. no offense but lets think logical here. Are we going to get marion? hell no. Are we going to get hinrich? hell no. Do we want hinrich instead of Marbury? hell no. Marbury CAN pass he averages a career total of over 8 assists per game.

when you think line ups or the future you have to think crawford, ariza, sweetney and marbury. even if u dont agree with marbury it frankly doesnt matter we cant get any better at point nor are we going to. there is no chance isiah will part with his boy Starbury simple as that.

so when were talking roster moves, and changes think logical. like Shareef Abdur Rahim or Antoine Walker. think kwame brown or stromile swift. as nice as it mite seem to have someone like Marion, dont shoot for the stars, because we will never reach em....until marion hits 30 and has a big contract haha then we have a chance at getting him...

dacash

Benchwarmer
this is the starting line up i wanna see
c:nazr muhammod
pf:shareef abdur rahiem
sf:lamar odom
sg:jamal crawford
pg:stephon marbury
thats what i think will carry us over

NYKnicks15

Starter
yea that would be nice but what in all reality is the possiblity of getting Lamar Odom. I dont believe we have enough trade bait to lure the Lakers out of Odom AND Rahim out of Portland....rahim is a big possiblity tho

H20 OFFdaHizZLe

Benchwarmer
i never said we were gunna or have the possitbily to get shawn marion. i juss said a lineup that could make us so much better. and i also accomplished in my first one that once marbury makes his 8 assists he stops passing....i think pistons wouldnt be as effective with marbury either dude. u cant juss throw in good players to make a good team.

to "a knick fan" : yea ur another one of those people who have a lot of logic. i agree with a lot of the stuff ur sayin. and i thought it again and ur rite KT isnt a low post scorer, but he is a low post defender and rebounder so i guess that part is good rite? yea and i also agree we need a big man with a passing pg. thank you for ur comments!

NYKnicks15

Starter
no offense but if we want to throw out a list of a roster thatd make us good lets say Eddy Curry, Kevin Garnett, LeBron James, Jamal Crawford and Stephon Marbury?? haha its practically the same thing. talking about a lot of logic, lets use it...marbury will never go simple as that, honestly do you see Isiah parting with him?

We need a big man with a passing PG? man thats like saying we need air to survive. Every team needs a big man with PG that can find him. All we need is the big man though. Before Nazr who im not saying is big but before he got hurt and in a slump Marbury was his feed man, no one else really spotted him the ball in the low post besides for Stephon.

about Kurt. yea they part about him is great. but hes not what we need. dont get me wrong hes been good to us but as he ages more and more hes going to have to rely more and more on that 15 foot shot. This offseason we need to look out our options with Penny, Kurt, Tim, Vin, Noochie, Jerome and even Nazr as our bait. we need a low post presence and we will be fine. We have the shooters now we need the in your face stuffers. Take a chance on Kwame Brown, or do a sign and trade for Swift.

by the way H2O is not off DA HIZZLE. because H20 cant even make it off DA BENCH!!! :lol: sorry, no hard feelings, it just sounded really funny to me...