Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Toronto Raptors 7:30 2/8/2018 [Game #55]

Don't like this 3 now 4 PG rotation. Even if they bench Jack, 3 PGs sharing minutes I don't like.

Wasn't Hornacek the guy who ran the 3 PG lineups in Phoenix with Dragic, Bledsoe, and Thomas? Maybe Hornacek is going to try to do a bad version of that with our 4 PGs. Seriously, Jack is a good guy, but he needs to sit out some time with an "injury". Ntilikina needs to start. Mudiay and Burke need to compete for minutes off the bench or possibly play together.

I have a funny feeling that Burke or Mudiay or both are going to show in practice and during games why they've both already washed out from their lottery teams. Ntilikina deserves a real chance. He hasn't even gotten a real rookie year so far. Both Mudiay and Burke averaged over 30 minutes per game their rookie seasons. Ntilikina has barely average 20 minutes per game this season.

tiger0330

Legend
Hardaway still in that shooting slump, we hope it's a slump and he can shoot better but thats 2 slumps he's been in this season.

tiger0330

Legend
Wasn't Hornacek the guy who ran the 3 PG lineups in Phoenix with Dragic, Bledsoe, and Thomas? Maybe Hornacek is going to try to do a bad version of that with our 4 PGs. Seriously, Jack is a good guy, but he needs to sit out some time with an "injury". Ntilikina needs to start. Mudiay and Burke need to compete for minutes off the bench or possibly play together.

I have a funny feeling that Burke or Mudiay or both are going to show in practice and during games why they've both already washed out from their lottery teams. Ntilikina deserves a real chance. He hasn't even gotten a real rookie year so far. Both Mudiay and Burke averaged over 30 minutes per game their rookie seasons. Ntilikina has barely average 20 minutes per game this season.
Horn ran those guys as PG and SG. What does Horn do with CLee and THJ? Not sure it matters anymore with KP out but Nits needs to start and play against the other teams first unit.

We trail 52 - 41 at the half. We shoot 36% from the field in the 1st half. What is the point of this? Heavy playing time for Jack, Lee, Beasley, O?Quinn, and Lance Thomas and we?re still getting handled easily. This is painful to watch. Ntilikina continues to play well in limited minutes. Just roll with him already.

mafra

Legend
Hardaway?s shootng slump continues. 2-9 from the field (0-4 from 3)....

Beasley can score... Lee and Jack still playing too many minutes. Kornet looks good. Go Knits.

Way to early to give up on him. He?s gonna be fine. He may not be a star but he?s fine... can?t wait to see how much he improves next 2 years.

Like how the team is competing.... now go get me an ?L? to bank for my lottery odds.

Toronto looks like their halftime plan was to come out and just screw around for a while. They?re playing very sloppy with bad shot selection and our starting unit has cut the lead to 6 in the 3rd quarter.

tiger0330

Legend
Kornet throws it down off a dish from Beas. Kornets folks are in the stands and hes having a nice night with 8 pts in limited min s

Beasley with 19 points on 6 for 11 shooting. If we featured him on offense for the rest of the season, he might be up for a max contract by the time the season?s over.

Beasley now with 21. We?re not even into the 4th quarter yet. KP?s injury is the best thing that ever happened to Beasley?s career.

tiger0330

Legend
I remember a time when Steve Novak was playing for the Rockets in his rookie season and they were playing in MIL his hometown and a ton of his relatives came to see him, JVG didn't even let Novak make a token appearance so his folks could see him. What a dick.

I remember a time when Steve Novak was playing for the Rockets in his rookie season and they were playing in MIL his hometown and a ton of his relatives came to see him, JVG didn't even let Novak make a token appearance so his folks could see him. What a dick.

I hope Luke Kornet?s mom comes to more games.