Playing at MSG

Playa2

Benchwarmer
Has anyone ever thought of how difficult it is to have young players come to play for the Knicks with all the distractions and night life with money they never had before in NYC?

There's a reason why we traded our draft picks in the past, for more mature players who been in the league longer and know what to expect playing and living in NY.

Also why haven't the Knicks gone after young athletic big men who can run the floor and jump?

Our front office CONSISTENTLY went after Euro players like Kuz,Hernagomez etc..., even with Frank Nitlakina in this last draft.

Kanter spoke to a parallel point recently saying that a lot of players in the NBA think NYC is ?scary?. Not sure what anyone can do about it. I think that if I was an NBA player that I?d be way more scared of a lot of other cities than I would of NYC. On the other hand, as this thread says, guys who want too much to be in NYC might be a problem too because of distractions.

Playa2

Benchwarmer
Some of the younger players like Hernangomez were probably a party guy and didn't take working on his game that serious.

New York can do that to young players, remember Michael Ray Richardson ?