202683.png
1626167.png

201584.png
203506.png

101127.png
202709.png

Injury Report

New York KnicksIndiana Pacers
Ron Baker - Right Shoulder Injury (OUT)Darren Collison - Arthroscopic surgery, left knee (OUT)
Kristaps Porzingis - Torn Left ACL (OUT)TJ Leaf - Sore left calf (QUEST)
Joakim Noah - Personal Reason (NWT)Glenn Robinson III - Left ankle surgery rehabilitation (OUT)
--

Game Preview

The Indiana Pacers are poised to finish strong before the All-Star break.

Indiana is coming off Friday's 97-91 victory at Boston, the Eastern Conference leader.

The Pacers (31-25) will play the short-handed New York Knicks (23-33) in Indianapolis on Sunday. They also play at Brooklyn on Wednesday.

"It was a big win, obviously we have a lot of work to do," Indiana guard Victor Oladipo told Fox Sports Indiana. "We just have to build on it."

The Pacers led by as many as 26 points, but the Celtics rallied to take the lead in the fourth quarter.

"I think down the stretch we just did a great job of calming down, getting stops, and got great looks on the offensive end," Oladipo said. "We had a big lead, but they're a great team and they're the best team in the East for a reason.

Oladipo scored 30 or more points for the ninth time this season, finishing with 35 points on 15-of-29 shooting, 10 rebounds and five steals.

Oladipo was battling illness, which caused him to miss Monday's game with Washington. Wednesday's game at New Orleans was postponed because of a leaky roof. Oladipo said he still wasn't 100 percent but didn't think about it (while) he was playing."

"I thought our guys showed toughness from the start," Pacers coach Nate McMillan said. "We knew (the Celtics) were going to come back and give us a shot, and they did in the third quarter. Our guys just hung in there. They kept their composure, started to execute, move the ball and knocked down some shots. I'm really happy with how we finished the game."

New York suffered a huge setback when leading scorer Kristaps Porzingis tore the ACL in his left knee on Tuesday night.

Luke Kornet, a 7-foot-1 power forward from Vanderbilt, scored 11 points, grabbed 10 rebounds and blocked four shots in his NBA debut, a 113-88 loss at Toronto.

"Once I got out there, it felt like playing any other game," Kornet told reporters after the loss to the Raptors.

The Knicks had traded Willy Hernangomez on Wednesday for 2020 and 2021 second-round picks. Kornet is on a two-way G-League contract. He is allowed 45 days with New York until he must be added to the 15-man roster.

The Knicks obtained point guard Emmanuel Mudiay from Denver and he will make his debut with the team on Sunday.

"It's good, a young player, good for our future," fellow New York point guard Frank Ntilikina told MSGNetworks.com. "We both can play off the ball. Both can play with the ball. It gives us a lot more options. We're going to bring each other to the top to make the Knicks a competitive team."

Meanwhile, New York guard Tim Hardaway Jr. is struggling. Hardaway, who missed six weeks with a stress reaction in his lower leg, shot well the first four games back. But he has made just 13 of 60 shots in his last five games.

"I'm just trying to focus on basketball and do every little thing," Hardaway told reporters. "I know it's a struggle right now. I'm not going to harp on it."

The Knicks also will be without center Enes Kanter, who is sidelined after having oral surgery.

The Pacers will play their third consecutive game without guard Darren Collison, who underwent arthroscopic surgery on his left knee. Pacers rookie forward T.J. Leaf is listed as questionable with a sore left calf.

(CBSSports / STATS)

Last edited:
Thanks again, Rady.

Mudiay to make his debut as a Knick. I wonder where he fits in the rotation. I guess we?ll find out. Let?s go Knicks!

jimkcchief88

All Star
Tale off two franchises headed in different directions. Pacers trade their best player during the offseason and are 6 games over .500 and firmly in the playoffs. And our Knicks: another lost season because we stacked all our eggs in the Zinger basket that cracked and crumbled. Mudiay is starting today because we let Fail-Jax blow our draft pick before we fired him. Remember when Knicks-Pacers was a marquee matinee???? Now this game is at the very bottom of the league-pass schedule. Sell the team Dolan. Cash out while the value is high. Please free us from this hoops purgatory. You cats that enjoy G-leaguers masquerading as NBA players have fun watching. I am dusting off old dvd?s to watch. Spike Lee double feature: Chiraq and Do the Right Thing. Black Panther was a Knicks fan.

tiger0330

Legend
Oladipo having a career year but he's on his 3rd team so it shows you how long it might take Ntilikina to realize his potential. Another guy that it took a while and several teams including DLeague stints is Spencer Dinwiddie who supposedly was the subject of trade talks that were offering a 1st rounder to get him, might win the MIP award this year as well. Most teams won't have the patience to wait 3 or 4 years for a guy to contribute, I doubt the Knicks will either with Nits.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Oladipo having a career year but he's on his 3rd team so it shows you how long it might take Ntilikina to realize his potential. Another guy that it took a while and several teams including DLeague stints is Spencer Dinwiddie who supposedly was the subject of trade talks that were offering a 1st rounder to get him, might win the MIP award this year as well. Most teams won't have the patience to wait 3 or 4 years for a guy to contribute, I doubt the Knicks will either with Nits.
Yeah but Vic was a baller at IU so you had a glimpse of his potential. No guarantee, but a glimpse. I am sick to death of getting sold the ?euro bill of goods.? Just sick. European ?football? clubs don?t raid our high schoolers talking potential because they know our soccer is not on the same level. So how do NBA scouts get so hoodwinked??? I agree with LB that those prospects don?t get coached up. But when you get to the pros you are supposed to have a basic skill set: know how to shoot, have a handle and all that. The NBA coaches are there to teach strategy, not basic skills. You are supposed to have those skills upon entering the league and have the drive to hone what you are lacking on your own time. That?s what being a ?professional? means in any career.

Yeah but Vic was a baller at IU so you had a glimpse of his potential. No guarantee, but a glimpse. I am sick to death of getting sold the ?euro bill of goods.? Just sick. European ?football? clubs don?t raid our high schoolers talking potential because they know our soccer is not on the same level. So how do NBA scouts get so hoodwinked??? I agree with LB that those prospects don?t get coached up. But when you get to the pros you are supposed to have a basic skill set: know how to shoot, have a handle and all that. The NBA coaches are there to teach strategy, not basic skills. You are supposed to have those skills upon entering the league and have the drive to hone what you are lacking on your own time. That?s what being a ?professional? means in any career.

Oladipo is 25, Ntilikina is 19. Give the kid a chance.

Tale off two franchises headed in different directions. Pacers trade their best player during the offseason and are 6 games over .500 and firmly in the playoffs. And our Knicks: another lost season because we stacked all our eggs in the Zinger basket that cracked and crumbled. Mudiay is starting today because we let Fail-Jax blow our draft pick before we fired him. Remember when Knicks-Pacers was a marquee matinee???? Now this game is at the very bottom of the league-pass schedule. Sell the team Dolan. Cash out while the value is high. Please free us from this hoops purgatory. You cats that enjoy G-leaguers masquerading as NBA players have fun watching. I am dusting off old dvd?s to watch. Spike Lee double feature: Chiraq and Do the Right Thing. Black Panther was a Knicks fan.

I thought you knew something that I didn?t when you said Mudiay is starting today. Mudiay is on the bench and Jack is starting.

tiger0330

Legend
Thats what worries me about Nits. Dip came into the NBA way more NBA ready than Nits imo by being a gifted athlete along with an NCAA pedigree that prepared him better than a French league that relegates kids to the bench in favor of veterans. The kid is behind in development, I'm hoping hard work and smarts which he seems to have can make up for his shortcomings. The light ain't going on for him this year, maybe next season I hope.

Kanter with 9 points and 4 boards in less than 9 minutes. 4th in the NBA in FG%. Best healthy player on the roster right now by far.

Mudiay working the pick and roll again with Kanter and Mudiay drains the jumper. No question Mudiay is the PG and Ntilikina is playing off guard in this lineup with them together. Ntilikina is bringing it up to halfcourt, but then not seeing the ball again after that.