Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Veteran

Originally Posted by htr10
    Here’s what I get out of Hornacek’s quotes:

“We’re going to do complete random bull**** and what’s going to happen is going to be a complete mystery to everyone but me until the second that it happens. Also, Mudiay is the new starter and Ntilikina is great on defense, so he’s never going to play.”
    This is funny and gotta be true coming from someone who watches every game🤣🤣🤣

Veteran

Originally Posted by Broadway
    Once again sounds like you're using a curve when I see a word like "IF". It's one thing to believe he's a B- type talent but no evidence this yr has shown this. I mean as bad as the Magic have been with developing their talent many of their prospects have forced the organization to give players looks in larger roles, in doses. Now there was never any fluidity, rhyme or reason, or sticktoitness with how they were going about it but each player gave them something optimistic to think about...Knits has sewed doubts every since day 1 of drafting him and has never eliminated this. Remember he started off SL with suspicion(delicate body) and that was his chance to play against chump comp...Hornacek is still echoing doubt he can't physically play 30min/night

A player that has truly shown a high arc of talent would not cause an organization to look at Baker/Sessions/Jack(was almost out of the league)/Mudiay(who's stock was as low as it could get) before giving him the first chance to prove otherwise

He doesn't deserve a B, he does have 25gms to improve on his grade
    I gotta go with Broadway here. We all pine for the guards we passed on(Dennis Smith JR&Donavan Mitchell). Well the first thing those guys did was assume the position. In other words they took ahold of that starter spot, played starter minutes, and left no doubt who was the “quarterback” of those teams was. Frank hasn’t done that. Our first red flag was Frank showing up to NYC with sore knees because he was more worried about some bull jive jr French league championship than the draft. Now he wants to go back over there to the same place that ill prepared him to play NBA ball. That’s just great. LeBron was right when he said we picked the wrong guy. If I’m Frank I’m calling DSjr, Donavan Mitchell, LeBron, whoever will pick up the phone and find out where they are working out right here in the states this summer. I ain’t going back home to my comfort zone to eat croissants and play with inferior talent. You don’t get better in any sport that way. You get better by going up against the best talent out there and that ain’t in France. I get Kiyaman’s position that Frank is a long defender. That great, but not enough in today’s NBA. This ain’t the Ward/Childs era where your PG can play solid D and chip in 8-12 ppg. That ain’t enough against the Kyrie Irving’s of the world because the rules have changed. No hand checking means you ain’t stopping the likes of Steph, Kyrie, Harden, or any other top PG. You gotta fight fire with fire.
    Last edited by jimkcchief88; Feb 22, 2018 at 09:22.

Veteran

Matter fact, the Knicks organization needs to grow a pair and tell Frank that if he goes back home this summer to France he can stay there, he’s cut. The handwriting should have been on the wall for Frank when Mudiay showed up. It wasn’t so they can play foreign language club together on an NBA court. It’s because Frank so far has been an utter disappointment and the Knicks need to go in a different direction on Chief.

12th man

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    I gotta go with Broadway here. We all pine for the guards we passed on(Dennis Smith JR&Donavan Mitchell). Well the first thing those guys did was assume the position. In other words they took ahold of that starter spot, played starter minutes, and left no doubt who was the “quarterback” of those teams was. Frank hasn’t done that. Our first red flag was Frank showing up to NYC with sore knees because he was more worried about some bull jive jr French league championship than the draft. Now he wants to go back over there to the same place that ill prepared him to play NBA ball. That’s just great. LeBron was right when he said we picked the wrong guy. If I’m Frank I’m calling DSjr, Donavan Mitchell, LeBron, whoever will pick up the phone and find out where they are working out right here in the states this summer. I ain’t going back home to my comfort zone to eat croissants and play with inferior talent. You don’t get better in any sport that way. You get better by going up against the best talent out there and that ain’t in France. I get Kiyaman’s position that Frank is a long defender. That great, but not enough in today’s NBA. This ain’t the Ward/Childs era where your PG can play solid D and chip in 8-12 ppg. That ain’t enough against the Kyrie Irving’s of the world because the rules have changed. No hand checking means you ain’t stopping the likes of Steph, Kyrie, Harden, or any other top PG. You gotta fight fire with fire.
    Phil Jackson selected a young defensive-minded pass-first PG in the draft Frank Knits .. for reasons of having a shoot first Melo, a shoot-first KP, and a 50 -50 chance on resigning a shoot-first Rose.
    Adding another high-scoring shoot-first player from the 2017 draft was not a logical thing to do.

The Knicks head coach does not know how to develop a young defensive guard in the rotation, it was obvious throughout the past two seasons .. Horn did a poor job on developing Baker into a combo-guard.
    Plus Horn has been clueless on giving the rookie Frank a role on offense n defense.

I will say it a million times .. the Knicks biggest offensive problem throughout the season were the rotating bigman (center/PF/SF) plus having SG that are poor at moving without the ball when there are no picks or screens set for the SG or SF to go around by the big men.
    We can not condemn every Knicks PG when all our set plays on offense are still set for ISOLATION-plays .. we do pass the ball around the perimeter but we rarely pass the ball to back-doors or cutters moving without the ball slashing to the hoop.
    The Knicks offense has no timing or set role position for a 4 on 3 fast break basket.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Pa shoot-first KP
    Don't blame the kid Kiya. This is not how they roll in Latvia. Whom did the Knicks make KP's mentor? It's not too late. I saw him in the Eurobasket tournament. He can play well within a system.
    Last edited by pat; Feb 23, 2018 at 16:34.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    Kurt Vonnegut

12th man

Matter fact, the Knicks organization needs to grow a pair and tell Frank that if he goes back home this summer to France he can stay there, he’s cut. The handwriting should have been on the wall for Frank when Mudiay showed up. It wasn’t so they can play foreign language club together on an NBA court. It’s because Frank so far has been an utter disappointment and the Knicks need to go in a different direction on Chief.
    Wow .. I was saying the same above words bout KP at the end of last season .. KP was a bust his 2nd season in the NBA!
    KP refusing to go to the final team meeting at the end of the season last year had a lot to do with KP poor performance last season having a coaching-staff that showed poor development training to all the young core players plus a poor preparation for each game.
    KP going home throughout the offseason last year did him a better justice than hanging out practicing with the Knicks loser coaching-staff.
    Let the young 19 yr old Frank go home in the off-season because the Knicks coaching-staff has no plans for the guards or big men on offense/defense.

We watched poor coaching and poor substitution this season ....
    Recall when THJ was out with injury for 2 to 3 weeks I thought Beasley or Mcderm were going to take THJ place in the starting lineup plus Horn would give The rookie Dotson a consistent 18 minute role off the bench.
    That did not happen! Horn increase Lee's playingtime minutes from 28 to 38 minutes plus increase Jack n Lance minutes .. the result did not help us win any road games.

12th man

Originally Posted by pat
    Don't blame the kid Kiya. This is not how they role in Latvia. Whom did the Knicks make KP's mentor? It's not too late. I saw him in the Eurobasket tournament. He can play well within a system.
    So true .. that's the reason why I put KP in the thread above.
    Last offseason I watched WHG in the Eurobasket tournament play real well with the Gasol brothers .. Hornacek didn't give WHG a chance in the rotation throughout the season.
    Next season if we have the same coaching-staff .. expect to tank the 2018-19 season too.

Originally Posted by htr10
    If you're Ntilikina, you leak to the world that you plan on returning to France for the offseason in the middle of February because you are upset with the Knicks. Ntilikina is going to practice, seeing how the focus is on Mudiay and hearing how Mudiay is becoming the starting PG. If you believe the internet, our team either has very poor or no real development coaches to work with a young PG (hence the interest in Prigioni).

Like I said earlier in this thread, I've seen the writing on the wall. Unless our head coach and front office change between now and the start of next season, Ntilikina probably has no future with the Knicks. I could even see us not picking up Ntilikina's team option after the end of the 2018-19 season. Remember, Mills and Perry are gearing up for the 2019 offseason (to get who, I don't know).
    Don’t forget K-Leonard a free agent after next season. Monitoring what’s going down in SA this season... well, there’s hope KL May bolt.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Phil Jackson selected a young defensive-minded pass-first PG in the draft Frank Knits .. for reasons of having a shoot first Melo, a shoot-first KP, and a 50 -50 chance on resigning a shoot-first Rose.
    Adding another high-scoring shoot-first player from the 2017 draft was not a logical thing to do.

The Knicks head coach does not know how to develop a young defensive guard in the rotation, it was obvious throughout the past two seasons .. Horn did a poor job on developing Baker into a combo-guard.
    Plus Horn has been clueless on giving the rookie Frank a role on offense n defense.

I will say it a million times .. the Knicks biggest offensive problem throughout the season were the rotating bigman (center/PF/SF) plus having SG that are poor at moving without the ball when there are no picks or screens set for the SG or SF to go around by the big men.
    We can not condemn every Knicks PG when all our set plays on offense are still set for ISOLATION-plays .. we do pass the ball around the perimeter but we rarely pass the ball to back-doors or cutters moving without the ball slashing to the hoop.
    The Knicks offense has no timing or set role position for a 4 on 3 fast break basket.
    I gotcha and I’m not saying our coaching staff doesn’t suck. But there is a reason it’s called PROFESSIONAL basketball. That means you are supposed to show up with a skill set. Not to be spoon fed like college. If you needed tutors and mentors then you should have gone to college here in the states, not gone straight to the pros. Pro coaches arent there to teach basic skills. You are supposed to have those skills already. Or have the drive to develop all that on your own like Jimmy Butler did. He wasn’t a lottery pick, but developed into an all-star on his own.

12th man

I gotcha and I’m not saying our coaching staff doesn’t suck. But there is a reason it’s called PROFESSIONAL basketball. That means you are supposed to show up with a skill set. Not to be spoon fed like college. If you needed tutors and mentors then you should have gone to college here in the states, not gone straight to the pros. Pro coaches arent there to teach basic skills. You are supposed to have those skills already. Or have the drive to develop all that on your own like Jimmy Butler did. He wasn’t a lottery pick, but developed into an all-star on his own.
    Players like Butler .. u have to give credit to Thibs coaching-staff plus Noah Gasol n Gib.
    Players like Curry n Klay n Iggy trio co-exisisting performance .. u have to give credit to coach Mark Jackson.
    Players like Kyrie .. u have to give credit to LeBron James.
    I don't recall the name of the head coach the Pelicans had for Anthony Davis, great mentoring job on Davis .. wish we had him on our coaching-staff to mentor KP.

“Hornacek said Ntilikina would likely play in the summer league in July in Las Vegas.

“With Frank, it’s just strength,’’ Hornacek said before the Knicks lost to the Warriors on Monday. “He’s 19 and he’s never been in a weight program. Our strength guys are working hard with him. He has gotten stronger. But it’s going to take him a couple of years, almost like KP. It’s going to take couple of years to get that strength. Everything becomes easier. You don’t get knocked off your spot. You can finish better. The more strength you have, the more conditioning you can do and not get tired.”

During the All-Star Weekend in Los Angeles, Ntilikina was asked where he’d spend his offseason and he answered “France” — which raised some eyebrows. However, when pressed, he said he would “split time’’ and also be in New York.

Hornacek said no talks have taken place, but Las Vegas would seem very possible after the way Ntilikina has struggled on offense as a rookie. It’s led the Knicks to add two young point guards to the roster in Trey Burke and Emmanuel Mudiay. Ntilikina’s defense, though, has the Knicks feeling he’s a keeper.

“We haven’t discussed any of that [summer] stuff,’’ Hornacek said. “We want to encourage them after the season to go back. It’s tough for a kid to leave home. He’s got to get home but he’ll be back a little bit. I’m sure we’ll have him back for the summer league.’’

NY Post

Originally Posted by mafra
    “Hornacek said Ntilikina would likely play in the summer league in July in Las Vegas.

“With Frank, it’s just strength,’’ Hornacek said before the Knicks lost to the Warriors on Monday. “He’s 19 and he’s never been in a weight program. Our strength guys are working hard with him. He has gotten stronger. But it’s going to take him a couple of years, almost like KP. It’s going to take couple of years to get that strength. Everything becomes easier. You don’t get knocked off your spot. You can finish better. The more strength you have, the more conditioning you can do and not get tired.”

During the All-Star Weekend in Los Angeles, Ntilikina was asked where he’d spend his offseason and he answered “France” — which raised some eyebrows. However, when pressed, he said he would “split time’’ and also be in New York.

Hornacek said no talks have taken place, but Las Vegas would seem very possible after the way Ntilikina has struggled on offense as a rookie. It’s led the Knicks to add two young point guards to the roster in Trey Burke and Emmanuel Mudiay. Ntilikina’s defense, though, has the Knicks feeling he’s a keeper.

“We haven’t discussed any of that [summer] stuff,’’ Hornacek said. “We want to encourage them after the season to go back. It’s tough for a kid to leave home. He’s got to get home but he’ll be back a little bit. I’m sure we’ll have him back for the summer league.’’

NY Post
    I mentioned in the game thread about gaining 15-20 lbs. in a couple of years which should benefit him. I think Trey and Mudiay competing with him now made him rethink what he said at the ASG about staying in France vs. the US. He's played better since the break but has played mostly off the ball, Horn should switch up and play him at PG and move Mudiay off the ball for 5-8 games.

12th man

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    I mentioned in the game thread about gaining 15-20 lbs. in a couple of years which should benefit him. I think Trey and Mudiay competing with him now made him rethink what he said at the ASG about staying in France vs. the US. He's played better since the break but has played mostly off the ball, Horn should switch up and play him at PG and move Mudiay off the ball for 5-8 games.
    Every PG need a co-existing partner in the backcourt as their SG plus a co-exististing Big man in the middle .. Lee as the SG in the lineup with Sessions then Knits played like a clueless bum .. Lee in the lineup with Jack played as a helper in the backcourt.
    Sessions and Kanter worked well together ..
    Jack and Kanter worked well together ..
    Knits and Kanter did not work well together for reasons of Lee wanting the ball most time to setup Kanter.
    Knits and Quinn worked well together on both sides of the court especially when Mcderm were in their lineup.

The Knicks not having a proficient PF in any of their lineups this season is a major reason why the Knicks are inefficient in the 4th qtr. in the majority of their games plus can't win a road game.
    Plus the Knicks forcing off-guards Lee n THJ to play at the SF position all season then forcing our natural SF Beasley n Mcderm n Lance to play stretch forward (PF) to get out rebounded n out scored by opponents Big men all the time = TANK coaching season.

12th man

The more I watch Frank Knits perform at the off-guard position (as a Combo-Guard) a long side of Burke or Mudiay after the all-star break the more comfortable Frank Knits look n act showing off his skills ....
    Playing the 19 yr old rookie Frank Knits .. At the start of the 2017-18 season at the off-guard position a long side of Sessions in a lineup for a couple of weeks .. then a long side Jack for a couple of weeks would have advance Frank Knits knowledge n understanding of what is needed at the PG position in the NBA league .. what coach Hornacek's doing now in the latter part of midseason having Knits play most of playingtime at the off-guard (as combo-guard) are something Hornacek should have been doing in the Preseason games having the veteran tools of Session n Jack.

I wonder if Hornacek had any say-so in the signing of Session? And in the resigning of Baker?
    We all should know whomever idea it was to sign Tim Hardaway Jr plus give THJ more than double his performance worth for the next 4 years in a contract are not the person the Knicks should have making any more decision on rebuilding a winning Knicks team !!!

12th man

Klay Thompson wrote:
    “He’s got tremendous potential,’’ Thompson said. “Anytime you’re in the NBA at 19, you’re doing something right. He plays the game the right way, he can shoot, he’s still got a lot of growing to do and he’s just going to get better every day.”

Having Frank /Mudiay / Burke /and Jack next season would be a big boost of improvement to the guard rotation especially if we kept THJ n Dotson as our main SG .. plus trade Lee n Baker in the offseason.
    Frank Knits are a multi-position player who has the potential n athleticism to become a Point-forward In the future.
    Kanter n KO'Quinn are KEEPERS !!!
    We need two PF on the roster to help Kanter n Quinn downlow plus switch to add perimeter defense.
    We dont have any PF on our roster except for Hicks which Horn does not give playingtime to for reason of winning games n not getting a low lottery pick for Dolan to trade.
    Beasley is a one position player a SF wing.
    Troy Williams is one position player slasher defender at the SF position.