The Frank Ntilikina Thread

tiger0330

Legend
DM and DSJ aren't that much older that you can explain away their numbers in March by them being older than Nits. Face it he might not have the capacity like Wally said in the post-game yesterday. Count Wally a doubter who you have to take seriously being an ex-player who has seen hundreds of guys come and go in the league.

23.0 ppg, 4.3 apg, 4.1 rpg, 42.5% FG%, 29.1% 3pt%, +15.5/200poss, 37.9 mpg... DMitch in March (15 games)

18.0 ppg, 5.8 apg, 2.7 rpg, 42.6% FG%, 37.5% 3pt%, +2.3/200poss, 29.8 mpg... DSJ in March (11 games)

6.6 ppg, 3.1 apg, 2.3 apg, 35.4 FG%, 28.5% 3pt%, -6.5/200poss, 23.6 mpg... Frank in March (14 games)

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
DM and DSJ aren't that much older that you can explain away their numbers in March by them being older than Nits. Face it he might not have the capacity like Wally said in the post-game yesterday. Count Wally a doubter who you have to take seriously being an ex-player who has seen hundreds of guys come and go in the league.

23.0 ppg, 4.3 apg, 4.1 rpg, 42.5% FG%, 29.1% 3pt%, +15.5/200poss, 37.9 mpg... DMitch in March (15 games)

18.0 ppg, 5.8 apg, 2.7 rpg, 42.6% FG%, 37.5% 3pt%, +2.3/200poss, 29.8 mpg... DSJ in March (11 games)

6.6 ppg, 3.1 apg, 2.3 apg, 35.4 FG%, 28.5% 3pt%, -6.5/200poss, 23.6 mpg... Frank in March (14 games)

The Knicks started the 2017-18 regular season without having any type of DEFENSE in their play book system. The Knicks defensive coaching staff loss the Knicks first 3 games of the season by not having any defensive plan in the 2nd half of each of the three games by losing 10 or more point knicks leads in the 2nd half of the game.
The Knicks did win the 4th game of the season by having rookie Frank Nitty relentless defensive performance to start the 4th quarter of the game.
There was no way any Knicks fan could call out rookie Frank Nitty performance when the Knicks first second n third option players (THJ KP CLee) on offense has a isolation problem where they have to dribble the ball for 5 seconds before they shoot .. Plus the head coach Horn practically ran a 3 or 4 guard lineup in the rotation throughout the 2017-18 season.
If Knicks fans think or believe rookie Dennis Smith or rookie Mitchell could have done better than Frank Nitty under Hornacek foolish coaching than they never watch one second of Trey Burke or Dotson or Troy performance this season.
So far I believe coach Hornacek were hired to give the Knicks LOTTERY picks for each season he coach !!!

pat

Starter
The Knicks started the 2017-18 regular season without having any type of DEFENSE in their play book system. The Knicks defensive coaching staff loss the Knicks first 3 games of the season by not having any defensive plan in the 2nd half of each of the three games by losing 10 or more point knicks leads in the 2nd half of the game.
The Knicks did win the 4th game of the season by having rookie Frank Nitty relentless defensive performance to start the 4th quarter of the game.
There was no way any Knicks fan could call out rookie Frank Nitty performance when the Knicks first second n third option players (THJ KP CLee) on offense has a isolation problem where they have to dribble the ball for 5 seconds before they shoot .. Plus the head coach Horn practically ran a 3 or 4 guard lineup in the rotation throughout the 2017-18 season.
If Knicks fans think or believe rookie Dennis Smith or rookie Mitchell could have done better than Frank Nitty under Hornacek foolish coaching than they never watch one second of Trey Burke or Dotson or Troy performance this season.
So far I believe coach Hornacek were hired to give the Knicks LOTTERY picks for each season he coach !!!

Well put. Plus he needs time to adjust. It's not uncommon that it ight take a year or so (provided there is a professional environment to integrate into.

jimkcchief88

All Star
For those defending Frank put your $$$ where you mouth is. You can go on NBA.store right now and grab a Frank jersey for $27 and get free shipping to boot. That let?s you know how just how bad your lottery pick was:(
http://store.nba.com/New_York_Knicks_Jerseys/Mens_New_York_Knicks_Frank_Ntilikina_adidas_Royal_2017_NBA_Draft_Number_1_Pick_Replica_Jersey

Broadway

All Star

DSJ and Simmons squared off today and DSJ made it known he's on par with talent, with the probable ROY. Like I said take the arc of these young players best performances and see how far does the arc curve upward. Now Philly got the W but they both stat stuffed see link below

https://stats.nba.com/vs/#!?PlayerI... Season&DateFrom=04/08/2018&DateTo=04/08/2018

Then you have Jackson and Malik Monk(who's knocking down 3s in limited minutes at a torrid pace) closing season strong themselves

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
I was reading the Knicks are going to go over a development plan with Ntilikina probably during his exit interview. I wasn't impressed with the last news conference held by the VP of Player Development, Craig Robinson when asked to give more details of player development and he replied he wouldn't say because if he did the league would know the Knicks plan. Development is an area that the Knicks need to improve with the emphasis on young players and rebuilding so If Robinson has a REAL plan for Nits and all the rookies the Knicks could use it. Saw the Bucks game and saw some glimpses of an NBA player in Frank, he gave an honest assessment of himself that he has a lot to learn but he was going to put in the work to learn. He's 19 let's see how much he improves over the summer.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
For those defending Frank put your $$$ where you mouth is. You can go on NBA.store right now and grab a Frank jersey for $27 and get free shipping to boot. That let’s you know how just how bad your lottery pick was:(
http://store.nba.com/New_York_Knick...l_2017_NBA_Draft_Number_1_Pick_Replica_Jersey

The 2017 draft class has a lot of upcoming star players .. I see Fox having a high scoring performance next season, Lonzo Ball n Kuzma taking Lakers to postseason next year, Fultz performance being compared to Kyrie Irving next year .. DSJ will be the Mavs future star player .. Tatum performance will be compared to Grant Hill .. Josh Jackson will be the Suns future star player .. I see Frank Knits as a upcoming star combo-guard .. Markkanen is the Bulls future star player .. Donovan Mitchell will be compared to superstar D. Wade

jimkcchief88

All Star
The 2017 draft class has a lot of upcoming star players .. I see Fox having a high scoring performance next season, Lonzo Ball n Kuzma taking Lakers to postseason next year, Fultz performance being compared to Kyrie Irving next year .. DSJ will be the Mavs future star player .. Tatum performance will be compared to Grant Hill .. Josh Jackson will be the Suns future star player .. I see Frank Knits as a upcoming star combo-guard .. Markkanen is the Bulls future star player .. Donovan Mitchell will be compared to superstar D. Wade

From your lips to gods ears Kiya I hope you are right. The kid is still growing and you hate to call a 19 year old a bust. But draft picks especially high ones like Frank will always be compared to their contemporaries. We are throwing a party because Frank showed glimpses of being an NBA guard last night while dropping a career high 17 points. Meanwhile Donavan Mitchell has Utah up to the 4th seed in a brutal WC and has more 30 point games than you can count on one hand. The comparison is inevitable. Hopefully Frank will stay here in the States and get his act together this Summer.

Kiyaman

Legend
From your lips to gods ears Kiya I hope you are right. The kid is still growing and you hate to call a 19 year old a bust. But draft picks especially high ones like Frank will always be compared to their contemporaries. We are throwing a party because Frank showed glimpses of being an NBA guard last night while dropping a career high 17 points. Meanwhile Donavan Mitchell has Utah up to the 4th seed in a brutal WC and has more 30 point games than you can count on one hand. The comparison is inevitable. Hopefully Frank will stay here in the States and get his act together this Summer.

What part don't you get .. The Utah Jazz head coach Quin Snyder had a 51 win season last year .. The Knicks head coach Hornacek had a 31 win season last year.
Donovan Mitchell high scoring performance leading the NBA rookies in scoring this year has even surprised his college coach at Louisville.
Give the Utah Jazz coaching-staff the credit they are Do. And give the Knicks coaching-staff their "F" Grade again for FAILURE !!!

jimkcchief88

All Star
What part don't you get .. The Utah Jazz head coach Quin Snyder had a 51 win season last year .. The Knicks head coach Hornacek had a 31 win season last year.
Donovan Mitchell high scoring performance leading the NBA rookies in scoring this year has even surprised his college coach at Louisville.
Give the Utah Jazz coaching-staff the credit they are Do. And give the Knicks coaching-staff their "F" Grade again for FAILURE !!!

You forget I?m a Mizzou fan. Quinn Snyder was hired and fired by Mizzou for partying with the students. Look it up. It was a total mess. He coached us to the Elite 8, then left under shame and scrutiny. If Quinn Snyder was black his career would have been over. But he was a Dukie so he got a second chance and made good. Now I?m all for second chances, but don?t make Quinn out to be some super genius either.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
You forget I’m a Mizzou fan. Quinn Snyder was hired and fired by Mizzou for partying with the students. Look it up. It was a total mess. He coached us to the Elite 8, then left under shame and scrutiny. If Quinn Snyder was black his career would have been over. But he was a Dukie so he got a second chance and made good. Now I’m all for second chances, but don’t make Quinn out to be some super genius either.

The Jazz success the past two seasons belongs to head-coach Quinn .. last-season 6.9 Haywood lead the Jazz in scoring (21 pts per) to have a 51 win season .. In the 2017-18 Jazz season coach Quinn turned a 15 point college player into a NBA 20 pt player. BIG-PROPS to coach Quinn !!!

jimkcchief88

All Star
The Jazz success the past two seasons belongs to head-coach Quinn .. last-season 6.9 Haywood lead the Jazz in scoring (21 pts per) to have a 51 win season .. In the 2017-18 Jazz season coach Quinn turned a 15 point college player into a NBA 20 pt player. BIG-PROPS to coach Quinn !!!

Well that?s cool Mizzou fans will never give Quinn Snyder any dap on Chief he left our program a mess:(

tiger0330

Legend
Bernard King is a beluever... says Knits will be one of the game’s best PGs:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailyk...cks-bernard-king-praises-frank-ntilikina/amp/
Not sure what Bernard King is talking about but watching the playoffs and seeing these great PG's they all have the ability to break down a defense with their dribble penetration, sorry I don't see that in Frank yet and maybe never. Looks to me his role is destined to be a 3&D combo guard and Mudiay and Trey may have scored some early points in the battle to become the Knicks PG by attending the Knicks presser, Fiz acknowledging them at it :). He's back in France eating croissants and drinking cafe au lait but he better get back to the States and get to work to make points with our new coach.

mafra

Legend
I think Derek Harper / Mo Cheeks is kind of the ceiling with Knits, in best case scenario. He?s shifty and has body control, so I can see him using strength to back down smaller guards.

It?s not that he isn?t athletic, he just isn?t a freakish athlete. Still, he could be a Mike Conley type.

His vision and anticipation and aggressiveness will matter more and this is hard to predict...

I?m not giving up on him. Fine with him
Over DSJ. Not having DM with KP... that burns. They could?ve been a special duo.

Kiyaman

Legend
I think Derek Harper / Mo Cheeks is kind of the ceiling with Knits, in best case scenario. He’s shifty and has body control, so I can see him using strength to back down smaller guards.

It’s not that he isn’t athletic, he just isn’t a freakish athlete. Still, he could be a Mike Conley type.

His vision and anticipation and aggressiveness will matter more and this is hard to predict...

I’m not giving up on him. Fine with him
Over DSJ. Not having DM with KP... that burns. They could’ve been a special duo.

Our 19 yr old Knits remind me our past 19 yr old Trevor Ariza .. a athletic multi-positional defensive stopper !!!

mafra

Legend
Our 19 yr old Knits remind me our past 19 yr old Trevor Ariza .. a athletic multi-positional defensive stopper !!!

Mikal or Miles Bridges (lottery prospect) and Knits and KP makes for a fantastic defensive core... up to the coaching to make it work.

tiger0330

Legend
Very similar numbers. Ariza 5.9 ppg 3 rbs 1.9 dimes. Nits 5.9 ppg 2.3 rbs 3.2 dimes. That comp just underlines what I said Nits picked way too high with Ariza going 43rd in the second round. Ariza has had a nice career, a valuable role player but was never a star. At best, I think Nits is headed for the same type of career.

Kiyaman

Legend
Very similar numbers. Ariza 5.9 ppg 3 rbs 1.9 dimes. Nits 5.9 ppg 2.3 rbs 3.2 dimes. That comp just underlines what I said Nits picked way too high with Ariza going 43rd in the second round. Ariza has had a nice career, a valuable role player but was never a star. At best, I think Nits is headed for the same type of career.

Delusional .... Ariza is going after his 2nd championship Ring !!!