Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran

So lazy there to allow Smart a free pass from the corner all the way to the rim with zero resistance. Beasley terrible angle to close out off a weak pump fake and Kanter literally became the statue of liberty on the drive staying in the middle of the paint

Veteran

Weíre still making a lot of sloppy mistakes, but overall a good 1st half effort. We trail by 3.

Veteran

I think Iíve seen enough from Beasley. When he has an off night, he is a team killer out there.

Veteran

Just when I was going to give credit to Mudiay for taking care of the ball since he's been a Knick, he's been sloppy tonight

13 FTs already from Mudiay-Burke. Lee and Jack did that in a month

Troy Williams Impersonating Wilson Chandler and slams one home

Veteran

Great putback dunk by Troy Williams in the 4th quarter.

Veteran

Trey Burke showing he is a talent worth chasing for this franchise. He has 26 points again and we trail by 6 in the 4th.

Veteran

Trey is like a minnie A.I.(lol j/k but he can ball)

Veteran

We get the loss, but the effort was good tonight. A few things from tonight with the young guys that this team can build upon.

Why canít Burke eventually have an IT-esque run next few seasons?

The kid can score!

Veteran

Originally Posted by htr10
    Loud Celtic fan contingent at MSG tonight. That just pisses me off.
    why??? maybe the fans r tired of (how many years??) $hitty play and appreciate to see an actual team... sorry i can't fault fans applauding boston...

Veteran

Originally Posted by paris401
    why??? maybe the fans r tired of (how many years??) $hitty play and appreciate to see an actual team... sorry i can't fault fans applauding boston...
    I donít think Knicks fans were cheering for Boston. I just think a lot of Celtics fans were at the game. Iím old fashioned. Boston fans invading MSG doesnít seem right, even though the Knicks stink.

Burke played well again. Surely he has done enough to warrant a chance starting for us at PG?

When I look at a player like Mudiay I ask myself the following questions:

- Is he likely to become a premier scorer? No.
    - Is he likely to become a premier shooter? No.
    - Is he likely to become a premier passer/play maker? No.
    - Is he likely to become a premier defensive player? No.

What Mudiay has going for him is his size and athleticism, but the rest of his game is nothing to write home about at the minute. I can see why they have given him a chance because he's still only 21 years old and in his third year. Maybe he can become a respectable scorer, shooter, passer, and defensive player. But for that to happen he is going to have to make significant improvements to his all round game if he's to become a long term starter in this league because right now he's trending towards Michael Carter-Williams.

For me, Trey Burke is the guy we should be starting at PG. Is Burke likely to become an all star? Probably not, but what he does bring to the team is shooting, scoring, and play making. He's had two games back to back with 20+ points and 6+ assists. If you take into account his per 36 minute stats he's averaging 23.7 ppg and 8.2 apg. If he managed to hit those numbers as a starter he's worthy of all star consideration. Like I said, I don't think he's likely to become an all star but we probably all thought the same about Isaiah Thomas. So in our situation we should turn the starters job over to Burke to see what he's got if Mudiay continues to put up lackluster numbers.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Mike1989
    Burke played well again. Surely he has done enough to warrant a chance starting for us at PG?

When I look at a player like Mudiay I ask myself the following questions:

- Is he likely to become a premier scorer? No.
    - Is he likely to become a premier shooter? No.
    - Is he likely to become a premier passer/play maker? No.
    - Is he likely to become a premier defensive player? No.

What Mudiay has going for him is his size and athleticism, but the rest of his game is nothing to write home about at the minute. I can see why they have given him a chance because he's still only 21 years old and in his third year. Maybe he can become a respectable scorer, shooter, passer, and defensive player. But for that to happen he is going to have to make significant improvements to his all round game if he's to become a long term starter in this league because right now he's trending towards Michael Carter-Williams.

For me, Trey Burke is the guy we should be starting at PG. Is Burke likely to become an all star? Probably not, but what he does bring to the team is shooting, scoring, and play making. He's had two games back to back with 20+ points and 6+ assists. If you take into account his per 36 minute stats he's averaging 23.7 ppg and 8.2 apg. If he managed to hit those numbers as a starter he's worthy of all star consideration. Like I said, I don't think he's likely to become an all star but we probably all thought the same about Isaiah Thomas. So in our situation we should turn the starters job over to Burke to see what he's got if Mudiay continues to put up lackluster numbers.
    Totally agree. Iím trying to not come down too hard on Mudiay because I spent an entire year bashing the kid his rookie season, but yeah, I donít think heís all that great. Burke should at least get a chance for us to find out if his success is a fluke or not.