Game Thread: New York Knicks vs GS Warriors 7:30 2/26/2018 [Game #62]

Kiyaman

Legend
I'm liking the Burke on Curry matchup .. not happy bout the THJ on Klay matchup ..
Lance must know I'm on his case by hitting the 3 ball to give Knicks a one pt halftime lead .. 64-63

tiger0330

Legend
64-63 Knicks at the half. Our three headed PGs are a combined 14-22 for 33 pts. Key is to match their 3 pt shooting in the 2nd half, they have made 7 to 6 of ours.
GS hits 3 3s to open the 3rd. A lucky one by Dray that he banked in and Steph and Klay.

tiger0330

Legend
A competitive game has turned into a GS laugher. The Warriors are now laughing and joking around with 8 mins left in the game 112-90/

tiger0330

Legend
Nits has looked much better since the break. He's got length but I can see him 15-20 lbs heavier which I think will help him when he's 21-22.

Mudiay had 23 points and 7 assists and shot well, but man, we get slaughtered when he is on the floor. Mudiay?s plus/minus was -22, the worst on the team by a decent margin. Is this really just a coincidence every game?

tiger0330

Legend
Mudiay had 23 points and 7 assists and shot well, but man, we get slaughtered when he is on the floor. Mudiay’s plus/minus was -22, the worst on the team by a decent margin. Is this really just a coincidence every game?
Can't blame the bad D all on him but allowing 125 pts is going to get you a loss 9 times out of 10 esp when you're 24th in 3 pt shooting. I liked what Mudiay brought despite his +/- numbers.

tiger0330

Legend
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 20
Well, Hornacek has been true to his word. The young guys are getting lots of minutes. The only exception is Beasley who continues to get lots of minutes regardless of how god awful he is playing.

tiger0330

Legend
Difference was the FTs they were 22-26 and we were 7-9. We actually made 3 more buckets but 5 fewer 3s, that's the way the top team's play, 3s layups and FTs off dribble penetration.

Kiyaman

Legend
Mudiay had 23 points and 7 assists and shot well, but man, we get slaughtered when he is on the floor. Mudiay?s plus/minus was -22, the worst on the team by a decent margin. Is this really just a coincidence every game?

Nope .. it's the different lineups Horn puts Mudiay in plus Horn has no offense or defense plan for the 2nd half of the game ..
GS played 3 different types of plans on us tonight .. the Knicks couldn't keep up on GS ssol uptempo passing scheme .. couldn't match 3 pt percentage .. and couldn't score on GS 2nd half lock down defense !!!

I?m starting to think that we?re going to finish with the 9th worst record. Brooklyn did win tonight, but that bottom 8 is overall in the midsts of some elite level tanking. Other than Brooklyn, the rest of the bottom 8 are all on losing streaks ranging from 3 to 10 straight losses.

tiger0330

Legend
Well, Hornacek has been true to his word. The young guys are getting lots of minutes. The only exception is Beasley who continues to get lots of minutes regardless of how god awful he is playing.
I'm liking what I've seen of the young guys, I can see the Knicks bringing back Beas for a reasonable deal.