Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Veteran

Originally Posted by paris401
    was watching him do a slow jog upcourt after a knicks miss.... he seems to be ..whats the word... LAZY.. on 'D'....no wonder denver gave him away for a hotdog n a small soda...

Caught some highlights and saw him lose Klay a couple times and didn't even make effort to get back to him to at least make an attempt on a close out. Not sure what kind of D we were playing either, I never know really. I didn't like what I saw from him, no effort to get back attached to Klay. With that being said all the starters appeared to be pretty terrible if you base things on the +/-, which suggest they had bad moments collectively on the defensive side of the ball. Fairly reasonable conclusion as no one starter guarded every opposing starting position player and 3 dropped 20+pts

Now in 24min/gm 6gms played Mudiay does have 3blks and 7stls, more than any other guard on the team coupling both categories...which suggest defensive effort is there in moments. He also had 7ast and 0 turnovers last night and this is what I watch more so than anything with him. Keep the TOs down and get the assist numbers up.

Going back to +/- because it really is a fascinating stat with gaping holes. Anthony Davis has put up a monster run over like the past 7-10 and his last outing was really something...

53pts/18reb/5blk/3ast, a game he was a +9 and his team won by 9 but here's what's funny 3 other players on his team had a higher +/- and one of them doubled him up in this category. That player was Rondo

Dotson and T-Will were both +6 last night but they came in during garbage time after GSW let off the gas
    Last edited by Broadway; Feb 27, 2018 at 10:45.

Originally Posted by paris401
    was watching him do a slow jog upcourt after a knicks miss.... he seems to be ..whats the word... LAZY.. on 'D'....no wonder denver gave him away for a hotdog n a small soda...
    On the positive side he didn't foul anyone giving the Warriors any of those 22 pts from the line they used to beat us. We only made 7-9 fts, you got to play defense without fouling.

Veteran

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    On the positive side he didn't foul anyone giving the Warriors any of those 22 pts from the line they used to beat us. We only made 7-9 fts, you got to play defense without fouling.

That's a 15pt difference on a 14pt defeat. I know he probably didn't guard much of Durant/Green/Zaza who went a combined 15-16fta but was Mudiay the cause of many defensive breakdowns that led to players being out of position committing those fouls?

12th man

Originally Posted by Broadway
    That's a 15pt difference on a 14pt defeat. I know he probably didn't guard much of Durant/Green/Zaza who went a combined 15-16fta but was Mudiay the cause of many defensive breakdowns that led to players being out of position committing those fouls?
    No! Horn's sorry starter 5 lineup Kanter Lance THJ Lee n Mudiay gave the GS Warriors a 13 pt lead the first 5 minutes into the 3rd qtr. .. Kanter n Lance has to be the poorest defensive frontline in the NBA .. Lee n THJ lazy effort on the defensive end of the court has to be the sorriest defensive guards in the NBA .. And the 4 players mention above had no movement without the ball on the offensive end of the court in the 2nd half of the game to show us the main reason for so many Knicks losses this season being coach Hornacek's main lineup throughout the season when u add KP and Jack.
    Six Knicks players without any cohesive creativeness or improvement being the Knicks most minute played players on the roster this season.