Knicks Insider: "All Things Knicks"

tiger0330

Legend
I had mentioned how Craig Robinson hyped his development system and BS'ed about it claiming there was some secret sauce that differentiated it from others. I said Robinson was full of crap and the Knicks should look to get rid of him in a reorg. Here's an article from The Athletic discussing the Knicks development system and it's lackluster results so far and 3 coaches opinions of player development.

CHARLOTTE — When David Fizdale came in as the Knicks head coach in 2018, he did not put a single player development coach on his staff. Instead, he said, everyone would be involved in the all-important task. It was a remove from a growing trend across the league, where the NBA’s best organizations devote copious resources and man-power to building up young players.
The Knicks had made powerful promises about that, too. Craig Robinson, the franchise’s vice president of player development, has been in place since the summer of 2017. During his first year on the job, he said he was installing a program that would innovate player development. He compared it to Nike and Google.
“If you look at how things are done around the league, no one is actually trying to do this the way we’re trying to do it,” Robinson said two months before Fizdale was hired. “So it’s also got that aspect of being able to do something that is completely new and could be transformative in the industry.”
The results for the Knicks so far have been underwhelming. There is no single resounding development victory to point to. Frank Ntilikina, the 2017 lottery pick, remains raw, though he has made progress. Kevin Knox, the 2018 lottery pick, has struggled as a sophomore. Mitchell Robinson was a dynamo as a rookie, but it is hard to say definitively that he has gotten better in his second season. Allonzo Trier had a solid debut as an undrafted free agent, earning a two-year contract, but has been marooned on the bench this season.
The Knicks’ development system has not drawn compliments in talking to some around the NBA. Before this season, the G League team had been a pipeline to the Knicks, with all five of Westchester’s starting lineup getting promoted in 2017-18, but none have stuck with the team. Five players have turned G League deals into NBA deals, though only Kenny Wooten remains in the organization. The players have been seen as bright spots — Trey Burke, Luke Kornet, Noah Vonleh — have been traded or not re-signed. The Knicks did not make Craig Robinson available to talk for this story.
One constant question has been whether the Knicks devote enough playing time to their young players. That issue has been raised again this season. The Knicks have prioritized veterans over their youth. Ntilikina was swept back into a clogged point guard rotation after getting a chance to start earlier in the year, when Dennis Smith Jr. and Elfrid Payton were away from the team or injured. Knox is playing 10 fewer minutes per game this season than as a rookie, and is averaging just 14.3 over his last 15 games. Smith has regressed altogether from last year, and his playing time has been inconsistent while missing time due to injury and a death in his family. The Knicks have not sent Knox, Smith or Ntilikina to the G League for more minutes.
“We’re looking at development in a lot of different ways and not saying it’s just about, you just need 25 minutes a game to develop,” interim coach Mike Miller said last week. “I think there’s more to it, there’s more ways that we can help these guys grow than doing that. They’re getting experience and they’re getting opportunities and they’re learning. We’re seeing growth.”
If the trade deadline was supposed to bring more opportunity, that has yet to arise. Knox has played at least 20 minutes once in the last 16 games. Ntilikina, while dealing with injury, has oscillated between polarities — playing 11 minutes one night and then 32 minutes the next. Robinson continues to come off the bench.
With 25 games remaining and a 17-40 record, amid the tumult of a February shake-up in the front office, it remains to be seen how the Knicks will approach the rest of the season. Miller does not see any number of minutes as a necessary threshold to reach to say that the Knicks’ youth is getting enough experience on a nightly basis. Instead, he takes a different viewpoint.
“It’s more about the quality when you get to a certain point,” he said. “You go through a period, you’ve got to get out there and play, and then I think a lot to really take the next step is the quality of the minutes and how productive you are and what role you’re playing. Those minutes mean something.”
To see how the Knicks’ philosophy to player development compares to their peers around the NBA, The Athletic sought out three head coaches in organizations known as among the league’s best to see what they believed was key to rearing young players:
[h=2]Raptors coach Nick Nurse[/h]How do you measure what works in player development and what doesn’t on a day-to-day basis?
We try not to evaluate daily. We say, you know, go to work daily, but evaluate periodically, right? And we try to have a little bit of a vision of taking it slow. You don’t want to throw them into too much too soon. But you also want to find out once in a while if you give them a chance to play against the first unit team on the road, start a game or, I don’t know, do something different. The one we always use is let Pascal (Siakam) bring the ball before that was — it’s not so much a rarity anymore. Everybody’s bringing the ball up the floor, but that a few years ago, and we were like, “We’re gonna play this way. With this kid, yeah, you can do it,” and things like that, but too get back to your question, I think that you gotta try to link in what you’re doing with these guys to your system you’re running. I think it takes a lot of people, not only the coaches but off-the-court people. There’s a lot to mentally, physically adjusting-wise. And I think we try to cover the whole person and the whole player if we can.
When it comes to developing players, do young players need to play minutes either at the NBA level or G League or can some of that be done behind the scenes?
Yes. I’m a firm believer that they need to be playing. They gotta play. How do you get any better if you’re not playing? I am big, big, big believer that if they’re not getting minutes with the big club that they gotta go down and play as many minutes as they can get down there.
[h=2]Nuggets coach Mike Malone[/h]What is the key to development now in the NBA?
The easy answer is allowing young players to play and, more importantly, play through their mistakes. That’s what we’ve done. We don’t have a G League team, so we have guys that have all been given a chance to play and grow up and get game minutes. Right now the biggest challenge we have this year is Michael Porter, who falls into that young guy (category), he really hasn’t played in two years. He needs game minutes, and we’re trying to get him those as much as possible while understanding on the other side of that coin that the expectations are for us to be a team that competes for the Western Conference finals. So very, very hard to do both, but I think allowing our young guys to play has been the key to them developing and maturing.
Can a player develop if they don’t play?
No. I don’t think so. Experience is the best teacher. You can watch film. You can do a million and one workouts on the practice court, but if you don’t get game minutes in a game atmosphere, I don’t see how you’re going to get better.
[h=2]Nets coach Kenny Atkinson[/h]What’s the key to player development and are minutes necessary in the course of that?
Yes. I think that was our huge advantage. That we had these ample minutes and we had a runway for these guys to improve. I think without that, without the opportunity — you can argue that’s the first part of development that you need the minutes. It’s hard to develop in the shadows, so to speak, and we went through a lot of struggles with that development process. Obviously if you take it from the beginning to get Joe (Harris) and Spencer (Dinwiddie) and Jarrett Allen and those guys, where they were three years ago, where they are now, so I think their minutes were huge. And patience. I think personally I kinda used a three-year marker, like, that’s where it starts. You really want it to start kicking in the development where guys are really starting to blossom. Sure, there are exceptions where guys right off the bat, they’re really good, but three (years) is kind of the magic number for me. But I know every every situation is different, every team’s different.

pat

Starter
, only thing like Mafra said he rode Yao hard to get the results and young guys now might not like that style of coaching.
And thus shortening his career massively, just as he did with DRose. And he ran him for too many minutes in Minnesota as well.

And thus shortening his career massively, just as he did with DRose. And he ran him for too many minutes in Minnesota as well.

I think it?s all subjective. Neither Yao nor Rose ever averaged more than 37 minutes per game in a season. LeBron was averaging 40+ minutes per game over the course of a season for most of his early career. I think you only know in hindsight. You have to play your guys to win. No one is going to herald a head coach who loses games because he is minute restricting his best players all season long.

To the point, who on our roster are you even worried about Thibs overplaying? We don?t have future Hall of Famers that we have to worry about their careers getting cut short after only a handful of all-star appearances.

tiger0330

Legend
[FONT=&quot][h=1]The 5 big decisions awaiting the Knicks this year and why they matter so much
[/h]
GettyImages-535252640-1024x683.jpg

[/FONT]

By Mike Vorkunov Feb 24, 2020
comment-icon@2x.png
save-icon@2x.png

[FONT=&quot]Leon Rose has not yet officially been named as the new Knicks president of basketball operations, but that will come in time. When he takes over, he’ll have many important decisions to make. He got the job because the Knicks need work.
A lot of the decisions will come quickly, in the next five or so months. What Rose does will direct the organization in one way or another. Here’s what he has ahead of him, why the decisions he’ll need to make really matter and what consequences could be.
1. Who will the general manager be? This might be the most consequential decision Rose makes after he takes over as the Knicks president, a point that comes up in conversations with NBA scouts and executives. Rose will be the man atop the organizational chart, obviously, but he will need help and who he chooses as his GM will indicate how he intends to run the Knicks. Even if the Knicks want to become an attraction for stars and woo big names and all that, the quotidian work of running a team must still be done. The best way to become a star destination might just be by having a diligent and smart front office with a plan. Stars want to play for good teams and good front offices can build those. Simply being the New York Knicks hasn’t proven enough to lure high-level players. If Rose chooses a GM with a reputation as among the brighter minds around the league and can come in to remake the Knicks in the image of, say, the Thunder, Nets or Raptors — organizations that value the bottom of the roster, too — then the Knicks will be in good shape. Rose will also need to decide who to keep from the current front office — just because there’s management turnover doesn’t mean that everyone needs to go. He’ll also need help as he steps into a front office for the first time, and the people he surrounds himself with will make that adjustment easier or harder for him.
2. Who will the coach be? The attention so far with the Rose hire is speculation if he can leverage his connections around the league and with players he has worked with to eventually get a star to New York. The question I’m pondering is if he can use his connections and knowledge of everyone around the NBA to pick the right coach for the Knicks. Because Rose has worked with every team in some way, he has an acute insight into who the smart people are. Just as with the front office, that information should suit him well in the coaching search. Names like Tom Thibodeau have been thrown out as potential coaching candidates because of his longstanding ties to Rose, but Rose, I’d guess, has connections to many coaches around the league even if we don’t know about them. Sometimes hiring the obvious name isn’t the answer and sometimes the obvious name isn’t the hire. What Rose does with the intel he has on league coaches and execs is just as interesting in how he fills out the organization. That would be one of the real advantages of hiring someone from outside a team structure to run the franchise. The coaching hire will also be a clue about how the Knicks will play and what their style is on the court. All of those things matter.
3. What will be done with the lottery pick? This is self-explanatory, but the Knicks really need to nail a lottery pick. It just happens that this year’s draft is viewed as weaker in talent than in previous years. That doesn’t mean that a dud is guaranteed. Projections can and are often wrong. Weak drafts still produce good players. The Knicks need strong young players going forward. Rose has likely already been scouting and recruiting some of the players in this draft class while at CAA, so it’s not like he’s coming in blind. The Knicks scouts have been doing their jobs, too. No one knows at this point whether there will be turnover in that regard before the draft or what it would look like. Who the Knicks pick will also give some indication of what Rose values in players and how intends to build out the roster. We don’t know anything yet in that regard. There is no track record to go on. There’s also the trickle-down effect of whatever the choice would be. If the Knicks pick a point guard, what does that mean for Frank Ntilikina and Dennis Smith Jr.? If the Knicks go with James Wiseman, then what does the future hold for Mitchell Robinson? Or what if the Knicks decide to deal the pick altogether to acquire a veteran instead of adding more neophytes onto an already young roster? This could be the right year to do that and forego the inherent risk involved with a draft pick for someone a little more certain. This is conjecture at this point, but Rose’s pick will have more meaning than just the player himself.
4. What is the plan for free agency? The Knicks won’t have the cap space they had last summer but could have plenty, enough to sign a max free agent if they want to. What should they do with it though? In 2019, they chose to sign a class of veterans in hopes of a short-term boost coming off a 17-win season and an unappealing roster. They’ll get that. The Knicks are at 17 wins now. FiveThirtyEight projects them to finish with 24 wins. That’s improvement, but not enough to please owner James Dolan. The Knicks made certain choices last summer to get here. They didn’t want to be a warehouse for other teams’ problematic contracts and receive assets in return, instead using their cap space in free agency. Will that change this summer if the opportunity presents itself? Will Rose continue with what is a pretty clean cap sheet — a credit to the current Knicks front office, who has also accumulated seven first-round picks over the four years — and wait to make a big move until 2021? Will the Knicks be willing to use the 2020-21 season as a bridge season, yet again? That would be the third time in the last six years that the organization chose to do that — the 17-win season under Phil Jackson and last season — which would kind of give a Groundhog’s Day vibe at MSG. But constant churn in the president’s chair will do that. Or will Rose see if there’s any opportunity to strike on the trade market with all those assets? He has to realize by now that long-term plans don’t really exist in New York because the president who tries to pull them off hasn’t gotten the time to do so. That kind of reality invites expediency, which invites rash decisions, which invites mistakes, which lead to more firings and then hirings. That cycle is familiar to the organization and its fans.
5. How much will the Knicks invest in player development? The Knicks made a show of their current player development system. Craig Robinson, the man in charge of it, compared it to Nike and Google. David Fizdale filled out his coaching staff and said every coach would be responsible for development instead of having specific coaches under the development umbrella. The returns have been unfulfilling so far. What is the Knicks’ biggest development victory under the current regime? The Knicks have also not followed the trend league-wide of investing significant resources into development. The Sixers have 11 staff members devoted only to development and not in-game coaching, according to ESPN. The Raptors have eight people with development specifically in their job description. The player development staff and infrastructure is where the Knicks can splash the pot if they want to, since it’s outside of the salary cap. They haven’t yet. Rose’s plan and implementation for player development will be one of the most crucial decisions he makes.

[/FONT]

tiger0330

Legend
Didn't realize the Knicks under spend on development staff compared to big spenders like the Raps and Sixers. Sixers also spend on an analytics staff getting Wiz kid math majors to analyze players and game tendencies.

This can?t possibly be true. Rumor spreading today that Knicks will look to bring back Carmelo Anthony this offseason.

mafra

Legend
This can?t possibly be true. Rumor spreading today that Knicks will look to bring back Carmelo Anthony this offseason.

With CAA running the show... anything is possible. Would be clear sign new regime same clowns as previous ones.

LOL y'all know I'm an Iso-Melo fan he's the last big FA that actually wanted to be here but I know KO.COM is gonna have a meltdown:)

Melo will have turned 36 by the start of the next season. Signing a veteran minimum deal to retire here as a Knick makes sense for him and makes sense for PR guys, but I?m not sure I get how it makes sense for the direction of this team.

Honestly, it?s too bad big mouth Lebron never really wanted to bring Melo aboard to try to win a ring with him coming off the bench.

If I was Leon Rose, something like this is exactly what I wouldn?t do if I wanted to be taken seriously.

mafra

Legend
?All roses don't bloom at the same time," Knox Sr. said. "(Kentucky head coach) John Calipari tried to tell you all. This is a rose. It will bloom. He's going to be a butterfly. We're just cocooning right now. When he gets out of the cocoon, he's going to fly and be a very beautiful butterfly. It's a process.

"You'll be talking to me a year from now saying, 'Wow, that rose looks real pretty and red.'"

Through 58 games, Knox averages 6.5 points on 36.2-percent shooting while grabbing 3.7 rebounds and dishing 1.0 assists in 18.1 minutes.

While his numbers might seem tame, he has made an impact especially on the defensive side of the floor, emerging as a challenger of shots with improved post defense and correct rotational decisions.

The Knicks' perceived improvements -- and the 20-year-old Knox's long-term potential -- made the organization ultimately pass on inquiries from other teams regarding the 2018 draft's No. 9 overall pick.

SNY's Ian Begley reported Friday that the Knicks were "reluctant" to deal Knox in advance of the NBA trade deadline Feb. 6, with recent comments from interim head coach Mike Miller reinforcing the belief in the Kentucky product.

"I can really speak for this year, just from the beginning to where he's at, where his focus was," Miller said last Wednesday. "Coached him in Summer League two years ago, his rookie year, so have obviously been around him and know him well. Seeing just more plays where he's impacting the game, whereas, young guys see the offenses how they're impacting -- he's doing it a lot of different ways. We're challenging him, 'Rebound more. Be more active defensively. Get more deflections.'

"Just consistently being in the right spot. You wouldn't even know because what our coverages are. And then taking advantage of stuff out of the offensive system to help him get good, quality shots and then what he can do on his own. So there's a lot of things in there and we're seeing things growing there. We just, now -- it's let's get those game to games where it's like, 'OK, those are two really good ones. Let's make it three, four, five."

tiger0330

Legend
In depth article about our ambidextrous RJ. Seems he can shoot jumpers with his right hand and one if his coaches says his form is better right. He models his game after The Beard, doesn't have the handle of Harden and that step back 3 I saw yesterday was the first time I ever saw him attempt one.

PHILADELPHIA — RJ Barrett, a lefty, is right-handed. That’s not a paradox.
Barrett is a natural right-hander. He does everything with his right hand, except shoot a basketball. For that he goes to his left hand.
“I’ve been told I have a better shooting form with my right,” Barrett said this week. “But I’m more comfortable with my left.”
The comment raised a few eyebrows because of Barrett’s shooting struggles this season and over his career. If there is one question about him and his future, it’s if he can eventually get his jumper to a good place. This season, he’s shooting 38.9 percent from the floor and 30.7 percent on 3s. Last season, he hit just 26.9 percent of his NBA-range 3s at Duke.
The shot has been a work-in-progress for Barrett. He worked with notable basketball trainer Drew Hanlen before the draft last spring and made some tweaks. He’s continued to work with him throughout this season (Hanlen was in New York earlier this month). Barrett has also worked with Allan Houston. They spent some time working on his shot before the Knicks’ home game against the Pacers, and the Knicks executive has accompanied the team on the road this week. Houston’s advice has been for Barrett to go straight up because he has a tendency to drift.
On the court, Barrett says he’s ambidextrous. As a child, he shot with both hands but then gravitated to his left. He feels more comfortable dribbling with his right hand. He’s spent time focusing on finishing with his right hand, and trying to make good reads going either way.
He’s strictly a lefty shooter, though, says Dwayne Washington, Barrett’s youth coach with the UPLAYCanada AAU team. But Washington agrees that Barrett’s form is better right-handed. He’s also not worried about Barrett’s shooting in the long-term, citing players who struggled as rookie before making strides and becoming good shooters.
“He does have a much better form (right-handed),” Washington said. “You usually have a better form with the off-hand because you’re doing everything textbook and you’re overthinking and you know it has to be perfect.”
He adds: “We haven’t messed with the right hand before. We just kept it simple with his left because it’s so late, you don’t want to change. He writes right-handed. He only plays basketball left. He does everything else right. He’s 100 percent right-handed, or left-brained.”
Barrett has an equal tendency to drive left and right off the catch, going left 17.4 percent of the time each, according to Synergy Sports, but the results have been vastly different. He’s averaging 1.04 points per possession when he drives left in those situations — in the 82nd percentile — and he’s in the 1st percentile when he drives right.
Barrett’s indoctrination to the NBA has been rocky, no matter the hand he uses. He’s already seen his first coach fired, as well as the team president who drafted him. His shooting has been inconsistent. He ranks in the 14th percentile in points per possession in the half court. But he also has shown evidence of one day becoming a volume scorer — he’s averaging 13.7 points this season — and a playmaker, when there has been enough space for him to flash his passing and awareness. Barrett has been a rare bright spot in a 17-42 season for the Knicks.
He also views this season a learning experience. Every night provides an education.
Monday, in Houston, he guarded James Harden. Barrett drew some comparisons to the Rockets star during the pre-draft process, some perhaps because they’re both left-handed, and some because they’ve both got a knack for getting to the rim. That’s the part Barrett says he’s modeled his game after Harden’s.
“I like the way he goes to the basket and gets fouled,” Barrett said. “It’s crazy.”
That’s become a skill for Barrett this season, too. He’s taken 48 percent of his shots at the rim — putting him in the 90th percentile among all wings, according to Cleaning The Glass. A majority of his shots — 59.6 percent entering Thursday — have come within 10 feet of the basket. And he’s been elite at drawing shooting fouls — he’s in the 92nd percentile of wings for how often he Barrett got Harden and the Rockets, too, scoring 21 points in Houston.

Barrett got Harden and the Rockets, too, scoring 21 points in Houston. Barrett hopes to one day be able to match Harden’s skillful way of accelerating and decelerating around the rim. Barrett measured in the 95th to 99th percentile for his body weight in both acceleration and deceleration force at P3 Performance last year, which put him in a class with Harden and Luka Doncic. For now, Barrett says he uses those traits more in transition
“I’m kinda just like jogging up the court,” he says, “and then …”
His voice trails off to intimate him accelerating away. That ability to replicate Harden’s ability to do it in the lane will come later, he says, after the film sessions and work can be put in to get to that point.
“Everything comes with time,” he said.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Today is a supposedly the day that Rose starts as team Pres. Knicks PR department needs to be better at getting important announcements like this communicated. One thing I heard was is he intends to take his time before making any changes of personnel, personally think that's a bad decision. The Knicks are obviously dysfunctional and need a major reorganization, heads should roll before the end of the month so they can get on with the business of the draft, coaching change and the new GM. If he wants to leave the Westchester team alone fine or the assistants coaches and make Miller the lead assistant fine but naming the new GM and new coach puts Rose's stamp on the team. He's got to have an idea about who he wants in those 2 jobs.

Today is a supposedly the day that Rose starts as team Pres. Knicks PR department needs to be better at getting important announcements like this communicated. One thing I heard was is he intends to take his time before making any changes of personnel, personally think that's a bad decision. The Knicks are obviously dysfunctional and need a major reorganization, heads should roll before the end of the month so they can get on with the business of the draft, coaching change and the new GM. If he wants to leave the Westchester team alone fine or the assistants coaches and make Miller the lead assistant fine but naming the new GM and new coach puts Rose's stamp on the team. He's got to have an idea about who he wants in those 2 jobs.

Maybe this is a change for the better. Rose not wanting to take the spotlight could be a good thing. You have to hope he has a plan behind the scenes, but I could do without a front office blabbering nonsense to the media after the Steve Mills era.

Letting guys finish the season is okay with me. I just hope he brings in a new shooting coach. We apparently don?t have one since Keith Smart was let go.

Emphasis of Rose?s letter is building a winning organization by making decisions beneficial in both the short and long term. Also, Rose emphasizes in his letter the importance of relationships and this may be why he doesn?t want to further dismantle our coaching staff with the season already a lost cause.

I wonder if Rose is going to stay supportive of Miller to finish the season to mitigate the PR disaster caused by our ?PR expert? Steve Stoute not too long ago.

mafra

Legend
1- No press conferences to announce firing of Fiz, then firing of Mills, then no presser to announce hiring of Stout and Rose. There are media obligations in NBA! I?m sure players would be fined if they wouldn?t talk to the press.

2- Don?t invite Marv Albert back to participate in 1969-1970 title (50th celebration).

3- After best win of the year.... overshadowed bc of this petty Spike spat!

When will Silver and NBA step in! Ownership is a privilege, not a right. Ask former LAC owner about having team taken from you.

When is enough enough? It?s worse enough we stink for 25/50 years... but to shut out fans, taunt fans, threaten fans.... Dolan has lost the privilege to own this franchise.

tiger0330

Legend
This Spike Lee incident takes the cake. Here you have the biggest Knicks fan in history on par with Jack and the Lakers and you call him out because the entrance he's been using for years isn't the right one. $hit, the guy deserves his own separate door if you ask me.

The guy pays mucho bucks for those seats and has for years, travels to the road games and is the most passionate fan Dolan has got on top of him spending a fortune on the second rate product Dolan has put out there for years. He lives in Brooklyn, Spike should stop coming to MSG and go to Nets game instead, I doubt he gets the Dolan treatment at Barclays.

mafra

Legend
I remember meeting Spike at a game in 1987, when he sat in the 6th row or something. To be insulted like that, then assaulted again with a verbal barb volleyed at him via a press release.

We can only hope Dolan was placed on some double secret probation after the Oakley fiasco... and this is the final straw that motivates a coalition of powerful and willing owners to oust this dime-store tyrant!

Kiyaman

Legend
This Spike Lee incident takes the cake. Here you have the biggest Knicks fan in history on par with Jack and the Lakers and you call him out because the entrance he's been using for years isn't the right one. $hit, the guy deserves his own separate door if you ask me.

The guy pays mucho bucks for those seats and has for years, travels to the road games and is the most passionate fan Dolan has got on top of him spending a fortune on the second rate product Dolan has put out there for years. He lives in Brooklyn, Spike should stop coming to MSG and go to Nets game instead, I doubt he gets the Dolan treatment at Barclays.

Lee was really upset .. he brought up Oakley, no chip since the 70s, no Leon Rose press conference.
Said they denied him the use of a ramp at MSG without notice. Curious timing with Rose entering the picture at the same time.
Really weird move by Dolan !!!

On Yahoo sports
Lee did make it into the arena and was in his seat at game time. The New York Daily News reported that James Dolan, owner of the Knicks and Madison Square Garden, came down to clear the air with Lee at halftime, and that Lee was no longer angry. Lee then got to watch his beloved Knicks improbably beat the surging Rockets, so the night could have definitely ended worse.

On CBS sports:
"I'm being harassed by James Dolan, and I don't know why," Lee said. "How is it the wrong entrance if I've been using the same entrance for 28 years! It's Garden spin!"
Lee explained what happened last night at the Knicks game that turned into a viral video on Twitter. The director said that after entering the employee entrance to MSG and getting his ticket scanned, security told him that he had to leave the arena and enter on the other side. Lee said Knicks owner James Dolan approached Lee at halftime saying the two needed to talk, but Lee did not want to hear what he had to say.

Better question is why the need for the sudden policy change? MSG could have written to Lee, email, text, or called him.
They couldnt extend that small courtesy to a 28 year season ticket holder who has promoted the Knicks brand in his films and music videos? Really?
Last but not least, they could have told Lee that due to a policy change it would be the last time he could use that entrance. Instead they tried to make him leave MSG, and go to another entrance with a punched ticket.
I see all that as being very disrespectful !!!
Really weird move by Dolan !!!

mafra

Legend
Dolan kicked out a bunch of kids last night for chanting ?Sell the team.? Then MsG lies about doing it.

It never ceases with this guy.

Hey Silver.... Help!!!