Knicks Insider: "All Things Knicks"

Broadway

All Star
It’ll be interesting to see what happens if th kids come out and surprise and get off to a 20-18 start or something..I hope KP doesn’t rush back tho... I prefer he takes extra time then getting back too soon.

It's been mentioned several times since our season was over we don't expect him back this yr. I doubt they rush or he himself does, no matter the results. We're going to have some bright moments this yr but we're going to lose a lot too. I think Summer League is somewhat of an indication how our season may turn out. I can see shooting, lack of rebounding, and most importantly our point guard play being up and down unless(Knits/Mudiay/Robinson/Vonleh...surprise immensely)...we also don't really have a go to option. Knox may assume this role but that's asking a lot from a 18-19yr old to just take over every night during an 82gm season of which he's never played against this level of competition before

tiger0330

Legend
Let's hope Fiz is cracked up to what he's supposed to be. He's got a young team that should be right up his alley as a developmental coach. Only wish he could have convinced Van Exel to leave Memphis to work with Mudiay, Nits and our other guards. Defense, ball movement and conditioning are what I expected him to bring but if can improve the shooting that would be a plus.

tiger0330

Legend
I got a feeling he goes back to Houston. They could use a minimum type player that knows their system after losing 2 defenders in Ariza and Mbah-a-Moute, if he signs with them Troy might have gotten feelers from Morey in Vegas and he might have asked to be let out of his contract with the Knicks. Otherwise a bogus move for sure, he looked better than Hicks, Dotson and busted his butt playing all 5 games unlike Nits, Kornet.
Not Houston but pretty damn close. Troy signs with the Pels, didn't get a real shot with the Knicks good luck to him in New Orleans.

CoolClyde

https://theathletic.com/442309/2018...-as-they-pile-up-young-but-distressed-talent/
this article about Perry is right on, re sticking to his word re acquiring talent; why not former top 10 lottery picks to be molded by new modern thinking, player friendly coach and developmental assts? Esp like Hezonja signing, and Kadeem Allen stands a good shot of making squad: nba caliber defender, huge wingspan, aggressive overall solid player.
With additions of Knox and Robinson, the Knicks future is unknown and exciting. i love the energy of coach and young talent, the potential is palpable. If Frankie develops an aggressive offensive game we could be set. either way, Perry gets an A for acquiring talent with little to no risk involved.

what Perry does next re paring down roster, making trades and reshaping roster will be his true test. looking forward to training camp news.

Kiyaman

Legend
It's been mentioned several times since our season was over we don't expect him back this yr. I doubt they rush or he himself does, no matter the results. We're going to have some bright moments this yr but we're going to lose a lot too. I think Summer League is somewhat of an indication how our season may turn out. I can see shooting, lack of rebounding, and most importantly our point guard play being up and down unless(Knits/Mudiay/Robinson/Vonleh...surprise immensely)...we also don't really have a go to option. Knox may assume this role but that's asking a lot from a 18-19yr old to just take over every night during an 82gm season of which he's never played against this level of competition before

I'm hoping KP miss the entire 2018-19 NBA season .. KP need to rehab his ACL to be in healthy condition to run n jump, plus KP really need a year rehab work on physical-contact on the court to become a 2-Way double-double center, which KP never showed in his 3 year performance as a NBA player for the Knicks .. KP has to many big-holes in his weak performance as a NBA player that never got off the ground to show a winning performance. The Knicks coaching department for the past 3 seasons needed to be FIRED asap for making a Tier-3 NBA player KP into a Starter, plus giving a TIRED-KP 30 minutes of playing-time when his performance, energy, and attitude on the court warrant a 15 to 20 minute performance per game.
When the Knicks needed a shot, or needed a rebound, or needed a shot-blocked, or needed a defensive stop during the 2nd half of a game, the Knicks could never depend on KP to do any of the above to show he was the winning performance player on the team.
KP are a player that never stepped-up to any of the BIG Hype he received as a Knicks !!!
I list KP performance as the same as Willy Hernangomez .. I actually believe if we would have put WHG at the 4 spot he would've played the PF position 2 times better than KP did the past 2 seasons.
There's no hurry for KP immediate return .. WHY? KP is not a winning performance player !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
https://nypost.com/2018/08/04/the-veteran-whos-going-to-school-knicks-rookie-studs/

This is the attitude you want from a vet... Lance Thomas understand his job. He’s a keeper!

Nice summer article on Lance Thomas .. I'm not buying into it!
Mafra .... you mean this is the action we want from our vets .. Lance Thomas is not the vet we want training our rookies for their first NBA season.
We want two establish veterans like Joakim Noah and Jarrett Jack to train, work-out, and prepare our rookies for their first season in the NBA.
We would be a better organized team in the upcoming season if Noah and Jack took our rookies and 2nd season players under their wing in the summer and throughout the season.
Lance Thomas has proved repeatedly the past 4 seasons as a Knick that his performance and talent skills are best as the 15th man off the bench for garbage time .. how Lance does in practice communicating with teammates on offense/defense is another story .. But Lance so-call defense performance the past 4 seasons has average to be a Tier-3 NBA player with NO improvement season after season .. LOSER !!!
A decent defensive player should know how to respond on a steal or stop that leads to a Knicks fast break, which Lance poor passing-skills and slow running has showed repeatedly bad decision-making on a fast-break.
I actually wanted to punch the Knicks new head coach Fiz straight in the mouth when he compared Lance Thomas to Draymond Green .. when Green could out-rebound some of the NBA best rebounders, plus Green could pick-n-roll, screen, and pass the ball at a high IQ as if he were a Point-Guard.
Lance Thomas has never showed any where near Draymond Greens outstanding performance in Lance entire career in the NBA.

The question is will coach Fiz statement get Lance Thomas to finally show a better improve performance than the season before? Which Lance never did in the NBA .. Lance performance has always been D.League material !!!

Broadway

All Star
This is another example of why I've never fully endeared myself to #kporzee. Some may see this as petty from a fan perspective but I don't. #kporzee clearly went out of his way to embarrass Fizdale/Knicks Medical/Media. Also what #kporzee may be doing on his own personal time, might not quite align with what his physical rehab therapy is from Knicks. Not that this much clarity is needed, just providing a little more possible behind the scenes context here

This guy is very emotional/overly sensitive and high maintenance when it comes to things like this, very childish-immature

If he's caught in his feeling because this team has set a tone(without him...playing hard) unlike past Knick teams he was on where this wasn't the case...TOUGH COOKIES!. Yes #kporzee this team is likeable without you, glad to have you back but get a grip son you're not that nice

This is very much out of the Melo playbook of bozo goofy doofy

Broadway

All Star
Let me clear I'm on record for stating Fizdale is part of the chatty patty crew(we/he talk/talks too much), but I don't think he meant anything by his comments...to distance #kporzee from the team as if he's an afterthought

This is another example of why I've never fully endeared myself to #kporzee. Some may see this as petty from a fan perspective but I don't. #kporzee clearly went out of his way to embarrass Fizdale/Knicks Medical/Media. Also what #kporzee may be doing on his own personal time, might not quite align with what his physical rehab therapy is from Knicks. Not that this much clarity is needed, just providing a little more possible behind the scenes context here

This guy is very emotional/overly sensitive and high maintenance when it comes to things like this, very childish-immature

If he's caught in his feeling because this team has set a tone(without him...playing hard) unlike past Knick teams he was on where this wasn't the case...TOUGH COOKIES!. Yes #kporzee this team is likeable without you, glad to have you back but get a grip son you're not that nice

This is very much out of the Melo playbook of bozo goofy doofy

tiger0330

Legend
I don't know the daily interaction of Fiz and KP during his injury. Does Fiz get daily reports on his progress, does he watch him during rehab etc. Probably not, KP is probably an after thought if he's not participating in practices, Fiz has got a job to do which I think would keep him from being fully engaged with KP rehab. I think it's great that he may be ahead of schedule in his rehab because unlike many that think he should be held out for the entire season I think its important to get a look at him before signing him to a max deal. If his injury keeps him from playing the entire season, I would be for letting him test FA and either matching his restricted offer from another team particularly if his medical turns up a problem that kept him on the bench all year.

Broadway

All Star
I don't know the daily interaction of Fiz and KP during his injury. Does Fiz get daily reports on his progress, does he watch him during rehab etc. Probably not, KP is probably an after thought if he's not participating in practices, Fiz has got a job to do which I think would keep him from being fully engaged with KP rehab. I think it's great that he may be ahead of schedule in his rehab because unlike many that think he should be held out for the entire season I think its important to get a look at him before signing him to a max deal. If his injury keeps him from playing the entire season, I would be for letting him test FA and either matching his restricted offer from another team particularly if his medical turns up a problem that kept him on the bench all year.

Wasn't it reported #kporzee's been with the team as an additional assistant coach on the bench and in practices? You have to question maybe the disconnect of communication between player and coach. Not sure what Knicks protocol is with injury reporting and keeping all parties informed. Before the season started Fizdale said he couldn't wait to see what #kporzee could do in his system although the team was planning for him to be out all yr.

Fizdale is trying not to Pop/Kawhi himself into a bad situation. The media is going to probe all yr on this and he's sending a message to them for what his focus is.

mafra

Legend
I thought this was petty too. I wouldn?t hesitate to trade KP if the right deal came along. Heck, if I got Durant I would flip KP for a top pick and try to snag Zion and/or RJ.

Broadway

All Star
I thought this was petty too. I wouldn?t hesitate to trade KP if the right deal came along. Heck, if I got Durant I would flip KP for a top pick and try to snag Zion and/or RJ.

Exactly what I figured...he's ultra sensitive. Should've talked to coach before he posted anything, once he realized they were on the same page then post whatever he felt was appropriate if necessary. Fizdale said he didn't even know he was running like that.

This dude I tell you
SIGH!

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Knicks' David Fizdale says he's on same page with Kristaps Porzingis, after they clearly were not

Porzingis' Instagram differs from Fizdale's sprinting comment

When they cleared the air, Porzingis told Fizdale the post was about Porzingis' frustration that he wasn't working hard in his rehabilitation, Fizdale said on Friday. Porzingis added a third photo in the aforementioned Instagram story: a meme of MMA fighter Khabib Nurmagomedov saying "This is number one bulls---."

"He took it personally," Fizdale said, according to ESPN's Ian Begley, of Porzingis, who averaged 22.7 points and 6.6 rebounds in 48 games last season before his injury. "It got to him that people would think that."

Fizdale said last month he understood how frustrating it can be for Porzingis to be sidelined for so long and empathized with him, but neither he nor Porzingis have a definitive timetable for when the former No. 4 pick will return to the court. Both sides are erring on the side of caution, and the team won't rush him back from the torn ACL he suffered in February.

"I have to be smart," Porzingis said in June, "and I have a team that will help me figure that out."

The miscommunication between Porzingis and Fizdale isn't the first time the 23-year-old star and the franchise have had tension.

Following the 2017 season, Porzingis skipped his exit interview with then-team president Phil Jackson as he publicly expressed his displeasure with the team's dysfunction and former head coach Jeff Hornacek.

Porzingis will be a restricted free agent next summer after he and the team did not reach an agreement on a rookie extension last month. The Knicks are able to match any offer from another team, as the franchise hopes he can still be its face in the long-term future.

Theknicksblog

mafra

Legend
Mr November cannot stay on the court, he blew off Phil Jax in an exit interview. A 21 yr-old arrogantly defying a HOF HC with 11 rings, and now he tweets this out to rebuttle Fiz (after he went out to Latvia to kiss KP?s ring)... his bro is his agent...

Man, this kid is something huh. Imagine if he ever really did reach all star status? He would be incorrigible...

Kiyaman

Legend
Exactly what I figured...he's ultra sensitive. Should've talked to coach before he posted anything, once he realized they were on the same page then post whatever he felt was appropriate if necessary. Fizdale said he didn't even know he was running like that.

This dude I tell you
SIGH!

Looks to me like KP has been heated bout someone decision-making and been waiting for anything to blow off some steam on the Knicks new rookie head coach, and Fizdale comment on him gave KP the welcome mat to respond. How KP responded tells a lot bout the distant relationship the two have as coach n player the past couple of months. The Knicks organization advertisement department better quickly find a couple of endorsement for KP to do to keep him busy during rehabilitation, because it does not look like Fizdale has been a part of KP rehabilitation.

mafra

Legend
The Knicks announced on Tuesday that Courtney Lee (neck) is "progressing well and will begin running on the court this week."

Lee missed all of the preseason and has yet to suit up during the regular season. Although he is making progress, he remains without a definitive timetable. Even when he is healthy enough to play, he will likely only see limited minutes off the bench, as New York is fully committed to rebuilding and playing their youngsters this season.

(Rotoworld)