Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 822232425262728

Knicks turned down 8&10 from ATL...

Maybe if Garland and Culver are available at 8/10, or some combo of 2 prospects they covet, Knicks pull trigger.

However, I would force ATL to toss in an extra asset. First next year or something.

If NO made us an offer we can’t refuse... Hmmm... maybe we trade back a pick...

Veteran

8 and 10 are nowhere near enough to move up to #3 in this draft. It cost the Mavericks a future 1st round pick just to do the equivalent of moving up 2 spots from 5th to 3rd to get Doncic last year.

Moving up from 8th to 3rd is at least 2 future 1st round picks. That 10th pick is practically worthless to me. Draft turns to mush after the top 5 or 6.

“I’ve talked to the Knicks about RJ,” Coach K said Tuesday on his SiriusXM show. “And who knows with all the — some of these guys are really coveted by other teams, so they can throw packages up there for the Knicks.”

“He would start right away. He has the potential to be a double-double guy,” said the coach, who was in New York on Tuesday for the SiriusXM show. “He’s a great defensive rebounder, and if he gets the defensive rebound he can push, and he can play 1-through-4. Because he can pass too. As he grows, there’ll be times in this kid’s career where the triple-double will happen more than once. He’s a star. There’s no question. Beautiful, beautiful kid.”
    Krzyzewski also referenced Barrett’s relationship with Zion Williamson as an indicator of humility. Barrett was a star his entire life but ceded the spotlight to Williamson at Duke.
    “What says a lot about him is his relationship with Zion,” Krzyzewski said. “You know, the two of them could [have been] very jealous of one another, envious. [Instead] they became brothers. Literally. They love one another.”

Veteran

Just read a report that Morey did in fact try to trade Chris Paul to us and our front office wanted no part of it.

12th man

Looks like Kawhi is listening to team presentations in LA next week. Toronto is there and will make the last presentation to him in their effort to sign him. Clips will be there and the Lakers just cleared cap space to make a max slot by trading 3 players to the Wiz along with AD forgoing a 4M bonus, obviously they would Ike that max slot to go to Kawhi and Kawhi will probably listen to what they have to say.

It'll be a disappointment if the Knicks don't have the opportunity to make a pitch to Kawhi but honestly what do they have to sell to him. Wouldn't surprise me if Kawhi thought it would be a waste of time and doesn't grant Mills the opportunity. You hope that all that BS Mills tells us about changing the culture, the black front office, the vision would at least get you the opportunity to make your case to a guy like Kawhi.

Veteran

The Knicks best bet in free agency is turn RJ and MRob into stars, turn Knox and DSJ into strong starters, and then try again in free agency either next offseason or the offseason after next. Change the culture first.

I believe KL will meet with us, but to be honest I don’t want to hold up going after other options bc we are chasing a pie in the sky dream.

Act quickly and scoop up Randle and Rozier or Russell... Or be left standing when music stops.

Veteran

If you believe the reports, good news for us might be that if Kemba goes to Boston, that likely clears the path to us signing Rozier, who reportedly is open to signing a 1 or 2 year deal.

Beginning to look KD to Knicks, Kemba to BOS, Klay remains in GSW...

Key is that both Kawhi and Kyrie are possible targets for Lakers... I’m guessing LA gets Kyrie and Kawhi stays in TOR (but now reports say Kawhi May pick LAK)...

If Kawhi goes to Lakers... where does Kyrie go? Has to be Knicks.

I prefer signing Rozier and Randle instead of giving that money to KI.

If Knicks get KD, Rozier and Randle.... that’s a HR!

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    The Knicks best bet in free agency is turn RJ and MRob into stars, turn Knox and DSJ into strong starters, and then try again in free agency either next offseason or the offseason after next. Change the culture first.
    Looks like Mills will get the chance to pitch that weak “you can sell a lot of New Balance sneakers if you join the Knicks” to KL according to reports.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Beginning to look KD to Knicks, Kemba to BOS, Klay remains in GSW...

Key is that both Kawhi and Kyrie are possible targets for Lakers... I’m guessing LA gets Kyrie and Kawhi stays in TOR (but now reports say Kawhi May pick LAK)...

If Kawhi goes to Lakers... where does Kyrie go? Has to be Knicks.

I prefer signing Rozier and Randle instead of giving that money to KI.

If Knicks get KD, Rozier and Randle.... that’s a HR!
    The Big NBA question on July 1st.
    Which Top FA in 2019 off-season are gonna be signed to the Lakers .. Lebron / AD / ???

It would've been nice if the Knicks were the 2nd or 3rd selection of a couple Top FA .... Oh yeah, Durant injury took him out of being a top FA, sorry!
    Last edited by Kiyaman; Jun 28, 2019 at 23:07.