Knicks Insider: "All Things Knicks"

jimkcchief88

All Star
If the Knicks are able to pull RJ Barrett with the 3rd pick, the Knicks could start their future rebuild around Block-Party MithcRob & ROY Barrett !!!

I hope we keep MRob as well. To me he?s the one player that?s untouchable. He?s a true center that doesn?t demand the ball that fills the stat sheet with rebounds, blocks, and dunks. Even with KD or AD neither one them is a true center. Please don?t include Mrob in any trade!!!!

3 weeks until the NBA draft on June 20th. The fans want RJ Barrett and RJ Barrett wants the Knicks. No reason to believe at this time that Pelicans or Grizzlies are going to deviate from their expected plans of making Zion #1 and Ja Morant #2. No reason at this time to believe that anyone is going to be able to trade up above us to scoop RJ like what has happened to us in the past.

Knicks front office continues to do "due diligence" with guys like Cam Reddish and Jarrett Culver, but I'm assuming that is only in a trade down scenario, which I think should be unlikely.

C'mon, front office, don't screw this up. RJ Barrett to the Knicks at #3.

mafra

Legend
Crazy how many are clamoring for Culver over RJ. Barrett has more assists than most PG in this draft, more rebounds than most bigs, and he set ACC record for most points for a freshman....

Culver got shut down by Hunter bc he can?t create offense on his own or score against more athletic or bigger opponents, which will occur most nights in NBA.

I don?t get it.

Kiyaman

Legend
Crazy how many are clamoring for Culver over RJ. Barrett has more assists than most PG in this draft, more rebounds than most bigs, and he set ACC record for most points for a freshman....

Culver got shut down by Hunter bc he can?t create offense on his own or score against more athletic or bigger opponents, which will occur most nights in NBA.

I don?t get it.

Knick Fans has to keep hoping for the Knick-Gods to get Dolan to sell the Knicks !!!
The Dolan's front-office posse decision making on draft night will be unpredictable AGAIN .. Good? Bad? Or Crazy !!!

RJ Barrett has the potential to be a future NBA star point-forward, he showed great leadership skills when Zion were injured ..
Culver's performance were similar to our Dotson's 2-Way performance.

mafra

Legend
Ron Artest blames himself for Knicks not drafting him:

?Honestly, I caused that,? World Peace said, according to Bondy. ?Because I was getting in trouble. I didn?t show up to my first Knick tryout. I was partying the night before in New York. I was f--ked up. I had my Knicks tryout the next day. I got drunk in Westchester, in the hotel, like, ?Yo I can?t make it out the bed.??

tiger0330

Legend
3 weeks until the NBA draft on June 20th. The fans want RJ Barrett and RJ Barrett wants the Knicks. No reason to believe at this time that Pelicans or Grizzlies are going to deviate from their expected plans of making Zion #1 and Ja Morant #2. No reason at this time to believe that anyone is going to be able to trade up above us to scoop RJ like what has happened to us in the past.

Knicks front office continues to do "due diligence" with guys like Cam Reddish and Jarrett Culver, but I'm assuming that is only in a trade down scenario, which I think should be unlikely.

C'mon, front office, don't screw this up. RJ Barrett to the Knicks at #3.
I'll faint if Barret is there at 3 and the Knicks don't pick him. That trade down stuff is the usual due diligence, there are rumors every year that they're going to do that. If they want AD they can trade for him after the draft using RJ as a chip if they want so a deal doesn't have to be made on draft night.

Right on cue, just as evidence starts to point to Kyrie maybe going to Brooklyn, internet reports starting to surface that Knicks are going to go all-out after Kawhi Leonard. Fake news? Maybe. Kawhi is great, but Clippers seem to have the inside track for him.

mafra

Legend
Right on cue, just as evidence starts to point to Kyrie maybe going to Brooklyn, internet reports starting to surface that Knicks are going to go all-out after Kawhi Leonard. Fake news? Maybe. Kawhi is great, but Clippers seem to have the inside track for him.

Makes sense. He?s best free agent with KD and has uncle or something in area... has ties and worked out here. KD and KL and AD baby!

Would be just our luck... KD stays with the Warriors and Nets sign KI and KL...

If I had to put my money where my mouth is, I?m expecting things to go in some weird directions:

1. Kyrie to Brooklyn is starting to seem very likely

2. Kawhi should stay in Toronto, but I think he leaves and goes to the Clippers (he seems to want LA and that Lakers situation is rough)

3. I think Durant comes to the Knicks and I think maybe the 2nd star is a bit of a surprise, like maybe Kemba. I think we get these 2 guys because our front office is going to sell that they have a deal in place for AD (gutting all our hard earned assets in the process).

4. Klay stays in GS

In the end, I think we are a franchise that can completely strike out in free agency and still have optimism built around RJ, MRob, DSJ, Knox, Trier, Dotson, and the rest. We sit on our huge cap space and use it to absorb contracts to get more future 1st round picks over the next season (basically what the Hawks did). Go into the lottery again in 2020. Have a true rebuild for once.

An interesting domino effect to note is that if Kyrie does go to Brooklyn and especially if another star joins him, that means D?Angelo Russell is available.

Russell averaged 21 points and 7 assists this season. He is only 23-years-old.

Alternatively, maybe the Nets cleared the cap space to resign Russell and pair him with Kyrie. If that is the case, good luck with that.

mafra

Legend
If Knicks can?t get 2 of the big 3: KL, KD, AD, or can?t pair 1 with 2 other legit signings... then just go young, absorb bad contracts for picks, and keep building it the right way.

If Knicks can?t get 2 of the big 3: KL, KD, AD, or can?t pair 1 with 2 other legit signings... then just go young, absorb bad contracts for picks, and keep building it the right way.

I do wonder if we have any plans for DeAndre Jordan. He is still only 30-years-old, just a little older than Durant, and averaged a double double last year with 13 rebounds per game. Could we feasibly sign Durant, bring back DJ, and have cap space to add another 2nd tier free agent?

Then you swing the AD trade and at least have 4 guys who can play instead of 3.

mafra

Legend
I like DJ and hopefully he would take less to stay here. Can we go over the cap to sign him, since he was a Knick last season? Or go Full MLE?

Definitely need him and with MRob, team would be set at C.

tiger0330

Legend
I do wonder if we have any plans for DeAndre Jordan. He is still only 30-years-old, just a little older than Durant, and averaged a double double last year with 13 rebounds per game. Could we feasibly sign Durant, bring back DJ, and have cap space to add another 2nd tier free agent?

Then you swing the AD trade and at least have 4 guys who can play instead of 3.

I like DJ and hopefully he would take less to stay here. Can we go over the cap to sign him, since he was a Knick last season? Or go Full MLE?

Definitely need him and with MRob, team would be set at C.
Nice discussion about the the FA possibilities for the Knicks guys. Absolutely critical for the team's credibility that they sign or trade for one of AD, KL or KD this off-season, those three are top 5 players that don't become available very often and clearing cap space to get players of their caliber is the reason you traded your franchise player. Bad enough your franchise player was so unhappy he forced his way off the team but to not be an attractive destination for one of the top FA's would be an epic failure.

tiger0330

Legend
Nice discussion about the the FA possibilities for the Knicks guys. Absolutely critical for the team's credibility that they sign or trade for one of AD, KL or KD this off-season, those three are top 5 players that don't become available very often and clearing cap space to get players of their caliber is the reason you traded your franchise player. Bad enough your franchise player was so unhappy he forced his way off the team but to not be an attractive destination for one of the top FA's would be an epic failure.
Fire Mills and Perry on the spot if this happens. :(

D6joePfUYAAzfBF.jpg

Fire Mills and Perry on the spot if this happens. :(

View attachment 831

I think Kyrie to Brooklyn might happen. I do not think Durant is going to Brooklyn though. I think, if anything, the 2 of them being considered as a package deal is not what people thought it was.

Also, that?s Marc Stein again. What was it, last week, he was ?blowing everyone?s mind? by saying Durant to Clippers? Dude is a fraud.

For what it?s worth, I think we are seeing the Brooklyn PR machine in full effect trying to create an artificial hype for them just before free agency starts.

I?m reading on the internet how Brooklyn could potentially sign and trade D?Angelo Russell for AD. Umm, no. Compare that trade package with any other possible trade packages. NO wants Russell on a high salary deal with no attached draft picks instead of multiple players early in their rookie deals and multiple 1st round picks? C?mon.

It?s funny, as it begins to seem more and more plausible that Kyrie could go to Brooklyn, a lot of the internet is negative on behalf of the Nets. A lot of fans don?t seem to want him. I totally get that.

Biggest issue seems to be that a lot of fans prefer Russell over Kyrie.

Alternatively, the idea of combining Russell and Kyrie seems crazy. They would be competing for ball control, it would lead to a diminished role for Spencer Dinwiddie (who they still owe 10 to 11 million per season over the next 2 seasons plus a 12 million player option the season after that), and a Russell/Kyrie backcourt is a bad defensive backcourt.

Only thing that makes sense is Nets think they are getting Kyrie plus someone better. Durant? Kawhi? Butler? Harris? Klay Thompson? Boogie? I mean there are possibilities, but they all seem unlikely.

Only star clubbing in Brooklyn is Kyrie. Everyone else seems unlikely to want to play for the team with the worst home attendance in the league and that was coming off a winning season.

You go to Brooklyn, you better win a championship, because otherwise you are literally going to be invisible.

mafra

Legend
I can see Brooklyn seeing Kyrie and DR as a sort of McCullum-Liliard pairing. I can see Kyrie being the type to prefer the second fiddle org, just like Kawhi with Clippers.

I think KD has Melo in him, in sense he wants challenger of MSG stage (bc he is smart enough to know what occurs if he succeeds).

I think it may be NYK that doesn?t want Kyrie as badly, and perhaps prefer AD and KL instead. Maybe even Rozier and DJ and Morris for the price of Kyrie or Kemba?