Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 418192021222324252627 LastLast
    12th man

Brian Windhorst and many others think a package of MRob, KK, DSJ, 3rd pick this year and Dallas 2021 and 2023 pick is the best deal the Pels could get. If Mills can get AD here for that I would do it in a heartbeat, do it before FA starts and KD comes automatically. I'm a little skeptical of the reports that their owner said she would trade AD to the Lakers over her dead body and that the Knicks deal is the one DG would prefer. Pretty sure Griffins entreaty to AD to stay is not going to work so AD is as good as gone.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Brian Windhorst and many others think a package of MRob, KK, DSJ, 3rd pick this year and Dallas 2021 and 2023 pick is the best deal the Pels could get. If Mills can get AD here for that I would do it in a heartbeat, do it before FA starts and KD comes automatically. I'm a little skeptical of the reports that their owner said she would trade AD to the Lakers over her dead body and that the Knicks deal is the one DG would prefer. Pretty sure Griffins entreaty to AD to stay is not going to work so AD is as good as gone.
    AD is a great player. I love MRob though. Iím starting to fall in love with RJ. I definitely love me some future 1st round picks. That deal is such a huge price to pay. Only reason that I would do it is if our front office knows that KD is expecting us to make this deal for him to sign here.

If trading for AD is the key to getting KD, then I do it. Otherwise, no.

Also, if we are going to do this trade, I would very much like to see us sign KD and Kyrie and then do the AD trade (we can match contracts after signing RJ). Big 3 is key.

12th man

Just reading the Pels are not high on Knox, I'd say the Knicks chances to get AD dropped significantly if true.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Just reading the Pels are not high on Knox, I'd say the Knicks chances to get AD dropped significantly if true.
    I donít blame them. I think Knox has a lot of problems with his game that if he doesnít address them this offseason his future is on the bench.

Lot of variables we donít know regarding an AD trade. One, has Griff given up and feels he needs to make a deal ASAP? Two, do the Pelicans definitely want to get AD out of the conference? Three, have the Celtics pulled out because of a focus on maximizing assets instead?

There are scenarios where if all things click into place, we may look like fools for giving so much for AD, whether the Pelicans like Knox or not, because we are basically negotiating against ourselves.

This reeks of the Melo trade all over again. Unless getting KD is contingent upon trading for AD, I donít want to do this deal.

Veteran

Trying to read between the lines. Celtics have the best assets to do an AD trade, but knowing that Kyrie is going to leave is going to make them nervous that AD also bolts when his contract is up. Danny Ainge doesnít seem like he likes to take huge gambles (the anti-Mark Cuban).

Lakers may be a non-factor if Pelicans want AD out of the conference (often a bigger factor than people would guess).

Knicks have no reason to tip their hand. The smart time to make a deal for AD would be later in July that way they can first try to sign 2 max deals before matching salary to add AD as the 3rd star.

Weíre looking at 2 months of not knowing anything concrete here probably.

Veteran

As an aside, to the people who keep asking ďwhy the hell would Kevin Durant come to the Knicks?Ē

A very good answer to that question may be ďbecause our front office somehow let him know that if he came here, heís playing with Kyrie and ADĒ.

We could end up seeing that this was some Pat Riley-esqe stuff thatís been unfolding all along. No one saw Lebron/Wade/Bosh coming until it happened.

As painful as it is to send DSJ, MRob, RJ and 2 future first round picks... if you have a shot to get KD, AD, and KI together... you have to do it. AD and KI under 27!

But... I think you do this trade trying to find a way to keep DSJ or Knox. Donít trade both. There has to be a walking away point, and mine is at giving 2 future first rounder and DSJ and Knox.

Tough call.

Are you better with KD and KI and all our young assets? Do you just go mega 3 and fill out the roster?

I think the package is competitive. Just boils down to who they covet most: Tatum
    or RJ or a bevy of guys from LA.

Frank switches agents... trade is imminent.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    No one wants him, Iíll bet. Knicks would have happily traded him before the last trade deadline if there was any market for him.

As Tig has pointed out, Ntilikina is owed 4.8 million this coming season. Teams may want us to trade them a 2nd round pick to take him, instead of the other way around. Best just to keep him and if he doesnít like his role, send him to the G league.

12th man

February OLD old news !!!
    Wouldn't u want to get traded on the trading deadline from a Tank-Tank coach that only preach TANKING ???

Veteran

MRob makes 2nd NBA All-Rookie team. Not bad given that this last season was a reasonably strong season for rookies.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    MRob makes 2nd NBA All-Rookie team. Not bad given that this last season was a reasonably strong season for rookies.
    CONGRATS to MRob.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    If the Knicks are able to pull RJ Barrett with the 3rd pick, the Knicks could start their future rebuild around Block-Party MithcRob & ROY Barrett !!!

"When he walked into our office -- my office and Scott was sitting there with me -- and point blank said to us, 'I don't want to be here, I'm not going to re-sign with the Knicks, and I'll give you seven days to try and trade me or I'm going back to Europe,'" Mills explained.

The Knicks eventually found a home in the Mavericks for the 7-foot-3 Latvian, and the deal was done rather quickly thanks to the second piece of information Mills divulged on the crowd. He said the team was working behind the scenes to set up a few scenarios where they could deal players since the start of the season, and Porzingis was one of them.

"Fortunately for us, through that process that we talked about at the start of September, we had a number of deals lined up," he said.

Knicksonline.com

12th man

"When he walked into our office -- my office and Scott was sitting there with me -- and point blank said to us, 'I don't want to be here, I'm not going to re-sign with the Knicks, and I'll give you seven days to try and trade me or I'm going back to Europe,'" Mills explained.

The Knicks eventually found a home in the Mavericks for the 7-foot-3 Latvian, and the deal was done rather quickly thanks to the second piece of information Mills divulged on the crowd. He said the team was working behind the scenes to set up a few scenarios where they could deal players since the start of the season, and Porzingis was one of them.

"Fortunately for us, through that process that we talked about at the start of September, we had a number of deals lined up," he said.

Knicksonline.com

This makes me happy we didn't get the #1 pick in the lottery balls .. imagine if we got the first pick and selected Zion, and the Knicks didn't do a 360 change in the clueless front-office and bum coaching-staff, and 3 years later Zion walks into Mills/Perry office saying the same stuff KP said .. what then ???