Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by paris401 View Post
    Wow.. if the shoe was on the other foot... an d the knicks won 9 of 10... you would be breaking out the champagne of how the knicks have turned the corner and look out nba the knicks are a coming... but since its the lowly nets they get pooped on... maybe..just maybe something is happening in brooklyn... wouldnt it be great if we could say the same thing about the team that plays in the Meca...
    Do I root for the Nets? No.
    Do the Nets have a top 20 player? Top 50? No.

Winning 9/10 is impressive... sure. Nets have some young pieces... yes. If Knicks won 9/10 it would be best stretch since 2012... for sure.
    What more do you want?

Veteran

they must have at least a top 50 player... but i'm at a loss for who that may be...

Veteran

I always said not inking him this summer when...

Giannis

Embiid

Towns

Booker

All got their extensions would be a risky proposition. We talked as if he's their equal or better and as if we got it in the bag like that, but not so fast...

I wonder how good MIL, MIN, PHI would be if those guys weren’t on those respective clubs. Yet, they signed extensions.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    I always said not inking him this summer when...

Giannis

Embiid

Towns

Booker

All got their extensions would be a risky proposition. We talked as if he's their equal or better and as if we got it in the bag like that, but not so fast...

Giannis, Embiid, Towns, Booker are All-Star franchise players ....

I would've traded Kristaps Porzingis (Tired-KP), and Melo, and CLee, and Lance Thomas all in the same off-season.
    Injury Prone Kristaps Porzingis has been hitting the wall in January/February in all 3 seasons as a Knick.
    Plus Tired-KP cant get one double-double game receiving 35 minute of playing time in his last two season playing.
    Plus Tired-KP low IQ on defense is worst than his mentor Melo's defensive skills.
    Only James Dolan would sign Tired-KP to a lucrative contract, on the next NBA team Kristaps Porzingis would be a 1 yr Project, because the Knicks poor coaching-staff taught KP nothing bout being a Big-Man winner in the NBA.

12th man

On January 1st 2019 the Knicks record are 9-29 ....
    The Knicks are on a west coast road trip against the Lakers, then Blazers, then GS Warriors ..
    Oh Yeah, the Knicks are on a 8 game losing streak .. the Knicks losses this season, and the previous season goes toward the Knicks poor-poor coaching-staff that has a problem coaching on the same-page with each other and the players.
    The Knicks coaching is so bad FA refuse to sign with the Knicks, so the best way for the Knicks to get good winning players are from the draft.
    The Knicks young drafted players each season cant do nothing bout the Knicks poor clueless coaching staff, that hasn't coached defense in decades.
    It doesn't matter how many number 1 to 10 draft picks the Knicks has on the roster they will stay LOSERS until they change the entire coaching-staff.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Do I root for the Nets? No.
    Do the Nets have a top 20 player? Top 50? No.

Winning 9/10 is impressive... sure. Nets have some young pieces... yes. If Knicks won 9/10 it would be best stretch since 2012... for sure.
    What more do you want?
    Head coach Kenny Atkinson took a tier 2 and tier 3 player team in Memphis and made them into a playoff team.
    Now coach Atkinson are doing the same thing in Brooklyn !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    Head coach Kenny Atkinson took a tier 2 and tier 3 player team in Memphis and made them into a playoff team.
    Good for Kenny. 18-21 Nets are looking good.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    Was wondering about this since I didn't remember that Kenny ever çoached the Griz. According to Wiki, he never did. Maybe you meant Dave Joerger who now coaches the Kings.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Was wondering about this since I didn't remember that Kenny ever çoached the Griz. According to Wiki, he never did. Maybe you meant Dave Joerger who now coaches the Kings.
    Didn't we have one of best seasons(the fluke one) when Kenny was here with Woodson?

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Didn't we have one of best seasons(the fluke one) when Kenny was here with Woodson?
    According to Wiki he was coaching for the Hawks the year we had our 2nd round playoff appearance. Great developmental coach that's turned into a good head coach. Still remember the work he did with Lin.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    My Bad .. I got him mixed up with Lionel Hollins who received a 4 yr contract from the Nets to be head coach in 2014.
    Kenny Atkinson spent 4 yrs as a assistant coach on the Knicks, making the Postseason games twice in 2011 and 2012, then leaving the Knicks to go to the Hawks as an assistant coach, then taking the head coach job in Brooklyn in 2016.

12th man

Ian BegleyESPN Staff Writer

The Knicks are planning to sign Kadeem Allen to a two-way contract prior to the Jan. 15 deadline to add two-way players, sources confirmed. Allen was with the Knicks in training camp and signed an Exhibit 10 contract to remain with the Knicks' G League club. He averaged 13.7 points on 47 percent shooting, 5.7 assists 1.6 steals per game for Westchester. Allen is also known as a strong perimeter defender. He will take the two-way spot that was vacated when the Knicks signed Allonzo Trier to a standard NBA contract. Allen, whose signing was first reported by The Athletic, will have roughly 23 days of NBA service available with this contract.

Veteran

All Praise this guy is a goner, he's too into himself and sloppy with the media/social media

With mRob back, and Kornet, we don’t need EK anymore.
    Sit tight and maybe we deal you... if not, you shall be released.