Knicks Insider: "All Things Knicks"

paris401

Starter
Easy .. KP and first round pick and Timmy's unbearable contract !!!

for this to happen, the pel's gm has to be as stupid as our mangement... KP is damaged goods, will he be fully healthy..even if he does fully recover, he's just a sneeze away from another injury... do u take this chance?? and taking timmy's contract... their gm can't be playin with a full deck taking on this turd... but as the commercial says.... hey... u never know...

mafra

Legend
The good news is if AD goes to LAK and takes either Kyrie or Kawhi with him...
It weakens the East some, especially BOS.

Another recruiting pitch to a potential free agent ? Kawhi or Kyrie or Harris or KD ? is that they join this young roster, KP, an impact lottery player... the EC is theirs to dominate.

mafra

Legend
Also, doesn?t hurt Dell Denps used to work for Knicks... unless Dolan forced him out somehow...

I?m not even sure I want KD or Kyrie anymore... I prefer Rozier and Harris combo instead. Or, to snag Ball or Jrue somehow with Kawhi.

Now Kanter complaining to media that Fizdale plans to give DeAndre Jordan minutes when DJ is older than him. Kanter says that it is ?disrespectful?. For some reason, Knicks fans seem to like Kanter. To me, he is among the most toxic players we have ever had on this roster. In the last few months, I can?t think of a week that has gone by where Kanter hasn?t complained to the media about something.

tiger0330

Legend
Now Kanter complaining to media that Fizdale plans to give DeAndre Jordan minutes when DJ is older than him. Kanter says that it is “disrespectful”. For some reason, Knicks fans seem to like Kanter. To me, he is among the most toxic players we have ever had on this roster. In the last few months, I can’t think of a week that has gone by where Kanter hasn’t complained to the media about something.
If Fiz plays the new guys, there goes the tank and cuts the chances of the Knicks getting Zion. What's the sense of that, DJ and Wes won't be here next year. Knicks have to be the most ass backwards organization if they start winning games now.

If Fiz plays the new guys, there goes the tank and cuts the chances of the Knicks getting Zion. What's the sense of that, DJ and Wes won't be here next year. Knicks have to be the most ass backwards organization if they start winning games now.

I think Fizdale needs them to actually have a full rotation at this point because of all our injuries. I doubt they get heavy minutes. Fizdale was just asked if DJ would play and he said ?yes?. Kanter then ran as fast as he could to the media to cry about it, because he is the worst. I think it is only a matter of time before trades or buyouts send both DJ and Matthews on their way.

As an aside, Kanter got 13 minutes against the Celtics, but Kornet and MRob only got 17 and 18 minutes in a 9 man rotation. Fizdale doesn?t seem to like to play any big men except Vonleh because of his awful small ball lineups.

mafra

Legend
Zion with 29 & 6... 13-17 from the field (1-3 from downtown)...

Dick Vitale, after one of his many thunderous dunks, goes: ?Hey, New York City, are you watching this? Pray... pray... pray... he?s wearing orange and blue and playing in New York.?

tiger0330

Legend
Zion with 29 & 6... 13-17 from the field (1-3 from downtown)...

Dick Vitale, after one of his many thunderous dunks, goes: “Hey, New York City, are you watching this? Pray... pray... pray... he’s wearing orange and blue and playing in New York.”
Circle your calendars. TUESDAY MAY 14. NBA lottery Chicago.

tiger0330

Legend
I think Fizdale needs them to actually have a full rotation at this point because of all our injuries. I doubt they get heavy minutes. Fizdale was just asked if DJ would play and he said ‘yes’. Kanter then ran as fast as he could to the media to cry about it, because he is the worst. I think it is only a matter of time before trades or buyouts send both DJ and Matthews on their way.

As an aside, Kanter got 13 minutes against the Celtics, but Kornet and MRob only got 17 and 18 minutes in a 9 man rotation. Fizdale doesn’t seem to like to play any big men except Vonleh because of his awful small ball lineups.
The Rockets are looking for rebounding help and D, I could see DJ asking for a buyout so he could sign with them. Perry ought to give it to him despite what he said about keeping him.

tiger0330

Legend
Memphis has the second worst record since Dec. Knicks have the worst record. The new guys are not playing but we still might pull out a win against another bottom feeder. The new guys will arrive in time to avert the club record losing streak of 16 games. I'd prefer if Fiz continues with the tank but I see him playing the new guys which should get him a win so a 17 game Knick losing streak doesn't go on his resume.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Kanters girlfriend. No wonder Kanter wants to stay in NY.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20519-brooke-kanter-feature.jpg
    20519-brooke-kanter-feature.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 22
Seems like Kanter and Wes Matthews are going to get bought out. Contracts proving difficult to move for other expiring deals before tomorrow?s trade deadline.

Broadway

All Star
Seems like Kanter and Wes Matthews are going to get bought out. Contracts proving difficult to move for other expiring deals before tomorrow’s trade deadline.

Expiring contracts aren't what they used to be unless you're willing to take on salary or anchor a pick.

mafra

Legend
First, we simply whiffed and couldn?t convince stars to sign in NY.

Then, we couldn?t even get stars to meet with us...

Now, the mere thought of becoming a NYK rankles stars to their core:

"I have nothing to do with the Knicks," Durant said. "I don't know who traded Porzingis. They got nothing to do with me. I'm trying to play basketball. Y'all come in here every day, ask me about free agency, ask my teammates, my coaches. You rile up the fans about it. Let us play basketball. That's all I'm saying. And now when I don't wanna talk to y'all, it's a problem with me.

ADVERTISEMENT

"Come on, man. Grow up. Grow up. Yeah, you -- grow up. Come on, bro. I come here and go to work every day. I don't cause no problems. I play the right way, or I try to play the right way. I try to be the best player I can be every possession. What's the problem? What am I doing to y'all?"

I don?t blame Durant. The media has created this narrative that we traded KP to sign him. He has never said he is coming here. The pro-KP mafia is probably up his ass now.

mafra

Legend
I don?t blame Durant. The media has created this narrative that we traded KP to sign him. He has never said he is coming here. The pro-KP mafia is probably up his ass now.

I don?t blame him at all, and he?s free to speak his mind... with that said, the ?come on bro, grow up? stuff makes him sound like a spoiled child. Is he a moron? We know he?s sensitive. Every job comes with stuff you loathe. To play in the NBA, you must deal with the media.

It?s a reporter?s job to generate interest... clicks.... this isn?t a reporter calling out his mother?s drug use and boyfriend (like what happened to LeBron in 2010).

KD split from OKC, so there is precedent. Imagine if he stayed, with how Oladipo turned out?

The conflict within GSW has been documented for over a year.

It?s his job to play b-ball, and he?s well compensated for it. It?s a reporter?s job to comment and speculate.

KD got all upset at a reporter in OKC, bc he wrote negative stuff.... He?s all over Twitter.... it just proves to me KD and Ny media would be a disaster. The only saving grace is dolan runs a gestapo like regime at MSG.

Still, it?s KD that should grow up. Poor KD, he makes 70 mil a year and for a month he has to dodge questions about where he?ll sign as a free agent. The horror of life.

Broadway

All Star
I don’t blame him at all, and he’s free to speak his mind... with that said, the “come on bro, grow up” stuff makes him sound like a spoiled child. Is he a moron? We know he’s sensitive. Every job comes with stuff you loathe. To play in the NBA, you must deal with the media.

It’s a reporter’s job to generate interest... clicks.... this isn’t a reporter calling out his mother’s drug use and boyfriend (like what happened to LeBron in 2010).

KD split from OKC, so there is precedent. Imagine if he stayed, with how Oladipo turned out?

The conflict within GSW has been documented for over a year.

It’s his job to play b-ball, and he’s well compensated for it. It’s a reporter’s job to comment and speculate.

KD got all upset at a reporter in OKC, bc he wrote negative stuff.... He’s all over Twitter.... it just proves to me KD and Ny media would be a disaster. The only saving grace is dolan runs a gestapo like regime at MSG.

Still, it’s KD that should grow up. Poor KD, he makes 70 mil a year and for a month he has to dodge questions about where he’ll sign as a free agent. The horror of life.

For the most part I agree with the two of you, Maf you make a great point about KD's maturity not exemplary at all but in the end he eventually owned up to how he acted via Scial Media but ask yourself when has DA MEDIA ever owned up to theirs? They have such a dark history of the most libel takes ever written or reported on and when you call them out on it they cry foul.

What KD did yesterday wouldn't work here and to be quite honest I think Kyrie showed similar irritation but chose to handle it a little differently(I believe Kyrie was toying with them low key and they didn't detect it). KD wouldn't last in New York and writers like Isola, Bondy, and others who feel scorned would write endless kill shot stories if he chose not to befriend them.

This really isn't the place for him if we're being up front and honest. KD is also still bitter, look no further than the recent article written on his inner feeling of how he thought he'd be looked at as being the best basketball player after he beat Lebron in 17'. KD also stated this yr concerning Lebron that it's a TOXIC situation when you're on the same team as him...when asked to clarify was it a dig at Lebron he said no, more so had to do with the DA MEDIA and everything around him

I have no problem with how he handled himself yesterday but I do have a problem with how sees things from a basketball perspective and how he engages with fans.

Last edited: