Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by Broadway
    This is probably why he's been a journeyman, possesses talent but simply doesn't work hard enough

Meanwhile the other guy we were considering signing Dougie McBuckets is shooting 57% from beyond the arc since we shipped him to the Mavs. I thought Beas had earned a consideration to be resigned this off season but the Knicks probably pass now.

Veteran

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Meanwhile the other guy we were considering signing Dougie McBuckets is shooting 57% from beyond the arc since we shipped him to the Mavs. I thought Beas had earned a consideration to be resigned this off season but the Knicks probably pass now.

Pretty good game last night, he is shootin that thang

12th man

Beasley is a scoring SF
    and McBucket are a hustling SF
    Coach Hornacek gave both SF a playingtime role they will fail in this season .. By forcing them to perform at the PF position/stretch 4

It looks like Mavs coach Rick Carlisle are going to make McBucket a keeper for next season.

Veteran

#kporzee update

Mark Stein writing about the Knicks firing Hornacek and bringing in Mark Jackson or David Blatt. Only a rumor started by one guy but to me its not a matter of IF but when. I would part ways very soon after the season ends even before hiring anyone. Look if he was like Pop winning despite not having Kawhi all season and other key injuries Horn would deserve to stay but he isn't winning and Perry should want his own guy in his place. My choice would be JVG or Fizdale not MJ and no to Blatt imo.

Jeff Hornacek has one year left on his contract, but good luck finding league observers who believe he will survive to see it out.
    The former Knicks guard Mark Jackson keeps coming up as a hot name to succeed Hornacek, amid a growing belief the Knicks' new front-office chief - Scott Perry - will want to install his own hand-picked choice heading into next season.
    It's difficult to fault Hornacek for much of the chaos that has engulfed the Knicks during his two seasons in charge. But there's no avoiding the fact he was a Phil Jackson selection, which could well doom him now that the organization seems intent on cutting every non-Porzingian tie to the Phil era as possible.
    Another name to file away here: The former Cleveland coach David Blatt has a longstanding relationship with the Knicks' president Steve Mills dating to their days as Princeton teammates. You wonder if that'll finally earn Blatt his first meaningful look from an N.B.A. franchise since the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] fired him in January 2016 while sporting a record of 30-11.

Veteran

Mark Stein writing about the Knicks firing Hornacek and bringing in Mark Jackson or David Blatt. Only a rumor started by one guy but to me its not a matter of IF but when. I would part ways very soon after the season ends even before hiring anyone. Look if he was like Pop winning despite not having Kawhi all season and other key injuries Horn would deserve to stay but he isn't winning and Perry should want his own guy in his place. My choice would be JVG or Fizdale not MJ and no to Blatt imo.

I like Jax on the idea Stephen A pitched if say someone like Trae Young is in our sights because Jax knows what to do with a talent like that and because of his point guard background with guys we already have on the roster and last but not least New York bred. JVG would be okay if you can get a T-Macish type talent from the draft to pair with #kporzee to create the T-Mac/Yao type duo dynamic although JVG tends to drag it out with the system he runs. Fizdale is okay but I fear we'd try and make a play on Conley or guys he's coached and could potentially wear out his welcome in NY. I do like him but fit could be a big question

I would also consider maybe one of these up and coming collegiate coaches(a la Celtics/Stevens) who may be looking to make the jump to the big league as our team will continue getting younger.
    Last edited by Broadway; Mar 21, 2018 at 09:55.

I like Jax on the idea Stephen A pitched if say someone like Trae Young is in our sights because Jax knows what to do with a talent like that and because of his point guard background with guys we already have on the roster and last but not least New York bred. JVG would be okay if you can get a T-Macish type talent from the draft to pair with #kporzee to create the T-Mac/Yao type duo dynamic although JVG tends to drag it out with the system he runs. Fizdale is okay but I fear we'd try and make a play on Conley or guys he's coached and could potentially wear out his welcome in NY. I do like him but fit could be a big question

I would also consider maybe one of these up and coming collegiate coaches(a la Celtics/Stevens) who may be looking to make the jump to the big league as our team will continue getting younger.
    I agree about a relative unknown or college coach, Stevens proved a smart college coach can win in the NBA. I saw Avery Johnson coaching ALA and was wondering why he didn't get another shot at an NBA job but there are probably good reasons why he hasn't, Mark Jackson is probably the same being passed over because of his rep being tarnished when he was with the Warriors.
    Last edited by tiger0330; Mar 21, 2018 at 13:01.

ESPN Insider Ranking of the Knicks for the top teams over the next 3 years. Not good news for Knicks fans if this ranking is accurate finishing 24th of 30 teams means we will be talking about tanking for several more seasons. I heard Don Mclean on a Clippers broadcast say the Nets had a brighter future than the Knicks based on what he thought about Marks and some of the work he's done and ESPN has them rated 18 so we can't even claim to be the best team in NY over the next several years. I hope this article is full of crap.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Rank Score
    Players T-24 30.0
    Management 29 17.5
    Money 12 60.0
    Market 3 85.0
    Draft T-5 75.0
    Overall: 38.8
    Let's start with the good news: The Knicks finally seem committed to building around young talent like a normal team, and they've got all their own first-round picks going forward -- starting with one likely to be in the top 10 this year.
    Unfortunately, part of the reason New York ranks fifth in the draft category is the expectation the team won't win in the near future. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]' torn ACL not only ended the Knicks' hopes of competing this season but could hamper their 2018-19 as well.
    New York is also at least one more season away from being a player in free agency. Most likely, the Knicks will wait for [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]'s ill-fated contract to come off their books in 2020, leaving [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and Porzingis (presuming he extends his contract or re-signs as a restricted free agent) as their lone big-money deals.

-- Kevin Pelton
    (Previous rank: No. 24)

12th man

Wow .. ESPN predictions of the Knicks next 3 seasons has no love for Mills n Perry to make Knicks a playoff team .. 24th out of 30 teams = the Knicks will be in the Lottery plus average out to be a 23 win season team the next 3 seasons.

What do ESPN know that we Knicks fans don't know?
    The Knicks has the capability to become a postseason team next season ..
    By hiring Mark Jackson as head coach.
    By keeping 9 of the previous players on next season roster.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    The Knicks has the capability to become a postseason team next season ..
    By hiring Mark Jackson as head coach.
    By keeping 9 of the previous players on next season roster.
    they can hire 'god' and they ain't making the playoffs...

12th man

This is probably why he's been a journeyman, possesses talent but simply doesn't work hard enough

I'm not a Beasley fan .. but the Knicks put the 6.9 skinny-wing Beasley at the wrong position throughout the 2017-18 season .. the Knicks rotation were weak at both forward position throughout this season.
    Beasley should have been given the starter SF job during the month of November .. plus keep Beasley at the SF position throughout the season.
    The Knicks starter frontline should have been Beasley KP n Kanter .. having a backcourt of C.Lee n Jack.

Veteran

Rumors swirling Hornacek is a goner...New York Post says Mark Jackson and/or Doc Rivers are our early targets

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — It wasn’t hard reading lips when an irate Kyle O’Quinn screamed profanities at Knicks coach Jeff Hornacek on Friday at the Garden when he came to the bench.

And it was evident when Joakim Noah laced into Hornacek and needed to be restrained last month at a Denver practice that the exiled Knicks center wasn’t asking the coach permission to draw up a play.

Monday in Charlotte became another weird evening. Who knows exactly what transpired to prompt Hornacek to spontaneously hand over the clipboard to Tim Hardaway Jr. in a one-point game in the fourth quarter to draw up a play in the huddle?

Hornacek said he had never done such a maneuver before, and Hardaway mentioned he was “disappointed” Hornacek needed to call a timeout to allow Trey Burke a breather.

https://nypost.com/2018/03/27/the-knicks-jeff-hornacek-rebellion-is-growing-quickly/

Veteran

Originally Posted by mafra
    Hardaway mentioned he was “disappointed” Hornacek needed to call a timeout to allow Trey Burke a breather.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    that overpaid $hit hardaway is 'disappointed'... how about us fans who have to watch him everynite shooting 5/15, getting 2 assists, etc/etc... he could always ask for a trade n tell mangememt he's willing to cut his $alary if they accommodate him... fuk him

From ESPN:

4. Emmanuel Mudiay, out of sorts

Mudiay finally perked up in his past two games, but holy hell has the Mudiay era with the New York Knicks been a tough watch.

Years of bonking shots around the rim have reduced Mudiay to a certain skittishness navigating the pick-and-roll. He has developed a bad habit of gaining an advantage, turning the corner, and giving the advantage right back:

From the moment Mudiay traps Goran Dragic on his hip, the worst possible outcome other than Mudiay throwing the ball away is Mudiay sliding back for a midrange brick.

In Mudiay's defense, this sort of surrender isn't uncommon among young point guards. Kyrie Irving did it a lot in his first two seasons -- perhaps out of arrogance rather than uncertainty -- and D'Angelo Russell is struggling with it now. But Mudiay has to regain confidence in his finishing skills, and build out from there.

Mudiay has been mostly awful in the NBA -- a tank commander of the highest rank. But there is an interesting player in here somewhere. He shot well on catch-and-shoot 3s last season. He's big and fast enough to get where he wants to go, and his vision is ahead of his judgment. He's shooting 68 percent at the rim as a Knick -- blowing away his (ugly) career numbers. Everyone in Denver praises his resiliency. He just turned 22.

He is playing amid a makeshift, tanking team. Provide some stability, and he could grow into something.