Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 216171819202122232425262728 LastLast
    12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Bill Simmons said to “bet the house” that Durant signs with the Knicks this offseason. Can this really be happening? Was there this kind of erroneous buzz about us before Lebron went to Miami with The Decision? Fans are going to nitpick this, but holy hell, come to the Knicks, Kevin Durant. You will be welcomed as a hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    I think there was speculation LJ would pick NY, for the simple reason that there was room for The King and +1... heck, if they had space for Wade and Bosh and had a savvy GM, maybe it even happens...

It just feels right this time, with Kyrie and space and fact both have their rings and there’s ties to area and whatnot.

We shall see. Since they moved swiftly on KP makes me believe they think there’s a legit chance.
    I think if we sign KD it doesn't come without signing Kyrie or someone else as well. Huge that we get Zion or Ja, I could see both of those guys being pieces the Knicks could sell to FAs that the Knicks are on the threshold of turning around the franchise sooner than later.

12th man

We were better defensively under Hornacek. I do agree that you have to have defensive players if you want to play better D but a coach's schemes, lineups and how you motivate your players has something to do with a team's defensive performance. If you have the worst roster in the NBA and have the worst record you haven't proved Jack as a coach which is the case with Fizdale. He's got a lot to prove next year when the honeymoon is over this season.

https://nypost.com/2019/03/27/david-...ho-can-defend/

David Fizdale, after failing to get the Knicks to defend with consistency this season, vowed the club will add more defensive-minded players in the offseason.

It just so happens Kevin Durant’s most underrated attribute is his length and effectiveness on the defensive end, but Fizdale knows the overall mindset is to add defenders. Ironically, Fizdale pushed for the drafting of defensively challenged Kevin Knox over Mikal Bridges, who has quietly had a solid rookie year as a defender in Phoenix.

“Our defense won’t really, really get to where it’s at until we start really filling in the gaps with the type of guys we think can take our defense to the next level.’’ Fizdale said. “Add maybe another forward defender or another perimeter defender that has a reputation for that. Those kind of guys are the ones that elevate your system to the next level.”

There has been no elevation with Fizdale’s defense, even after Enes Kanter’s exit and the addition of DeAndre Jordan. On Thursday, the league-worst Knicks (14-60) face the Raptors, who partied to the tune of 128 points 10 days ago against the Knicks. In the past five games, the Knicks have allowed an average of 124 points.

They are 28th in the league in defensive rating (113 points per 100 possessions). Red Holzman is rolling over in his grave. Jeff Van Gundy is somewhere stewing.
    Last edited by tiger0330; Mar 28, 2019 at 10:31.

12th man

Wsup Tiger .. your post on Fizdale's team-defense matches some of the comments i read from the Memphis Grizz sport writers on Fizdale's team-defense didn't help Fizdale complete his second season on the Grizz. I have a question for the Knicks Front-Office?
    Will the Knicks wait until next season to Fire Fizdale for having a 2nd season of poor team-defense?
    Or will the Knick Mills/Perry hire a top name head-coach to pull a Star FA, after receiving a first to 3rd draft pick in May?

Veteran

Hope he recovers but we dodged a bullet

MRobís 22 blocked three-pointers this season most since 1997, when they started recording the stat. Draymond Green previous high was 18.

MRobís 10.9% block pct is highest in NBA history (min of 50 blocks)... Manut Bol has record at 10.8%

Veteran

Ric Bucher from Bleacher Report told Colin Cowherd that Kevin Durant to the Knicks is a ďdone dealĒ. Holy ****, guys. Can this be real? Holy ****.

After a lost 2 decades, we need this. KD, Kyrie and Zion would make our hearts melt.

Veteran

Hmm, now Ric Bucher is talking about Durant wanting to play with Jimmy Butler. Now he sort of seems like he is making stuff up, New York Post-style.

Forget about it. Nothing good is going to happen until Dolan is gone. He is making money, no matter how bad the Knicks are, he doesn't know how to assemble a front office where the characters mesh well. Players know that, the league knows that. Players only come here to cash in when they are done.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    Kurt Vonnegut

Veteran

Hmm, now Ric Bucher is talking about Durant wanting to play with Jimmy Butler. Now he sort of seems like he is making stuff up, New York Post-style.
    I don't know why we're hanging on to every word about what these KNOW NOTHING media goofballs say. They have a job to do and most of them do their job according to what will get them exposure. If it was such a done deal trust someone would've have already dropped the SOURCE(S) by now. Bucher hasn't dropped any Intel in like ages, the majority of his career whatever he's spoken on personally as having some inside info he's been completely way off. Doesn't matter if it's Beck, Broussard, or Stephen A.(who recently said KD is playing us for fools)...they don't know too much especially when it comes to KD.

Relax and let this one play out. When will New York fans act like they have a sense of having themselves together and not be affected by all the outside noise? I would think this the case of a so called most knowledgable fans base in sports. You should know how this is played with DA MEDIA!
    Last edited by Broadway; Apr 07, 2019 at 15:23.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    I don't know why we're hanging on to every word about what these KNOW NOTHING media goofballs say. They have a job to do and most of them do their job according to what will get them exposure. If it was such a done deal trust someone would've have already dropped the SOURCE(S) by now. Bucher hasn't dropped any Intel in like ages, the majority of his career whatever he's spoken on personally as having some inside info he's been completely way off. Doesn't matter if it's Beck, Broussard, or Stephen A.(who recently said KD is playing us for fools)...they don't know too much especially when it comes to KD.

Relax and let this one play out. When will New York fans act like they have a sense of having themselves together and not be affected by all the outside noise? I would think this the case of a so called most knowledgable fans base in sports. You should know how this is played with DA MEDIA!
    Sigh. You want to keep trying to squeeze blood from a stone and try to talk more about our current sorry roster? Talking about rumors for free agency at least has some excitement to it. Trust me, despite what I post, Iím not exactly saving up to buy a Durant Knicks jersey. I know how history says this will play out. We get the 4th pick in the lottery and bag no one in free agency.

Veteran

Sigh. You want to keep trying to squeeze blood from a stone and try to talk more about our current sorry roster? Talking about rumors for free agency at least has some excitement to it. Trust me, despite what I post, Iím not exactly saving up to buy a Durant Knicks jersey. I know how history says this will play out. We get the 4th pick in the lottery and bag no one in free agency.
    Naaaah I'm good on the roster. I think we may resign 1 or 2 players but that's about it. The Draft is a more realistic and appealing conversation. We know for a fact where our floor will be this time come draft night but the ceiling has never looked higher. Free Agency has actually proven to be more of a "flame out" than anything we've had going positive with this organization in like 20yrs. Bucher is a quintessential RETARDED RETREAD. You and I likely know more than he does.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Naaaah I'm good on the roster. I think we may resign 1 or 2 players but that's about it. The Draft is a more realistic and appealing conversation. We know for a fact where our floor will be this time come draft night but the ceiling has never looked higher. Free Agency has actually proven to be more of a "flame out" than anything we've had going positive with this organization in like 20yrs. Bucher is a quintessential RETARDED RETREAD. You and I likely know more than he does.
    Alright, if the draft was today, who are your 1 through 5 picks for us?

Iím guessing the consensus right now is Zion, Ja, Barrett, Culver, in that order, and then I donít have a clear #5.

Veteran

Alright, if the draft was today, who are your 1 through 5 picks for us?

I’m guessing the consensus right now is Zion, Ja, Barrett, Culver, in that order, and then I don’t have a clear #5.
    I think you're about right as of now, although Carsen and Cassius improved their stock immensely...not guys we necessarily need though. Owens from Texas Tech is Mitch Robesque and Okeke was special before his injury. I feel Barrett is the best fit for our team with little changes. Need to see who ends up declaring first.

Texas Tech should win based on their defensive schemes...many argue Virginia shouldn't be there(I picked them to win it all in 1 of 3 brackets I filled out, North Carolina busted my other two). Texas Tech may have 2 prospects on their team but it's harder to gauge.

Fizdale with Michael Kay today...

I think MRob second in NBA in blocks and Knox played 74 games and Trier proved useful. Not a bad first draft for Perry.

Pinch me next time KP plays 70 games in a season.

Knox 1/6 teenagers ever to make 100+ three-pointers.

Sounds like DJ wants to stay here... Said DSJ needs to work on conditioning to play they way he wants him to play... said they value Knits versatility and work ethic (only had about 30 games you can evaluate him bc of injuries)...

Knicks have cap space and 7 first rounder next 5 years... he has a draft lottery ritual but wonít allow.m himself to have his heart set on just 1 prospect....

Final statement: ďGet ready Knick fans bc things are going to get a whole lot better next year.Ē

Does he know something?
    Last edited by mafra; Apr 12, 2019 at 17:16.