Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3171819202122232425262728 LastLast
    Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Fizdale with Michael Kay today...

I think MRob second in NBA in blocks and Knox played 74 games and Trier proved useful. Not a bad first draft for Perry.

Pinch me next time KP plays 70 games in a season.

Knox 1/6 teenagers ever to make 100+ three-pointers.

Sounds like DJ wants to stay here... Said DSJ needs to work on conditioning to play they way he wants him to play... said they value Knits versatility and work ethic (only had about 30 games you can evaluate him bc of injuries)...

Knicks have cap space and 7 first rounder next 5 years... he has a draft lottery ritual but won’t allow.m himself to have his heart set on just 1 prospect....

Final statement: “Get ready Knick fans bc things are going to get a whole lot better next year.”

Does he know something?
    Despite the awful record, I ended up liking Fizdale by the end of this season. I want to see what he can do with a better roster. Mudiay’s development is encouraging for what he can do for DSJ.

I do think that Fizdale and our front office THINK they know something about what will happen this offseason. I hope they’re right.

12th man

Fizdale with Michael Kay today...

I think MRob second in NBA in blocks and Knox played 74 games and Trier proved useful. Not a bad first draft for Perry.

Pinch me next time KP plays 70 games in a season.

Knox 1/6 teenagers ever to make 100+ three-pointers.

Sounds like DJ wants to stay here... Said DSJ needs to work on conditioning to play they way he wants him to play... said they value Knits versatility and work ethic (only had about 30 games you can evaluate him bc of injuries)...

Knicks have cap space and 7 first rounder next 5 years... he has a draft lottery ritual but won’t allow.m himself to have his heart set on just 1 prospect....

Final statement: “Get ready Knick fans bc things are going to get a whole lot better next year.”

Does he know something?
    Right now .. let him talk that talk to save his job .. Mills/Perry should be on the phone calling Mark Jackson to get the Knicks a winning FA in the off-season .... I just dont want a repeat of the Knicks 2018-19 disaster season any more !!!

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Despite the awful record, I ended up liking Fizdale by the end of this season. I want to see what he can do with a better roster. Mudiay’s development is encouraging for what he can do for DSJ.

I do think that Fizdale and our front office THINK they know something about what will happen this offseason. I hope they’re right.
    They know they have 70M to spend and if you can't build a respectable team with that kind of dough you have to be deaf, dumb and blind. Glad Perry is on board because Mills has shown his mediocrity in appraising and paying talent with Tim and Baker.

I do wish Fiz would keep his mouth shut before he even knows what his roster looks like before raising the expectations of the fan base that things are about to get better. I saw some tweet that his wife sent out saying it's going to be amazing next season so he's got his whole family spreading the propaganda. I'd just like to remind them the Lakers just fired Luke after the team got LeBron and arguably have some nicer pieces in Kuzma, Ingram and Ball than the Knicks have before bragging about how great things are going to be.

https://nypost.com/2019/04/15/durant...trier-disdain/

Apparently, aside from his fellow rookies, Trier not too popular in clubhouse bc of his selfish ways. And, it appears, Fiz fostered this resentment bc of his special treatment with Self-Proclaimed Iso-Zo

Veteran

https://nypost.com/2019/04/15/durant...trier-disdain/

Apparently, aside from his fellow rookies, Trier not too popular in clubhouse bc of his selfish ways. And, it appears, Fiz fostered this resentment bc of his special treatment with Self-Proclaimed Iso-Zo
    Doesn’t bother me. Article says he got along well with Knox and MRob and it was our “veterans” who had a problem with him, including guys like THJ who don’t play here any more. I remember reading months ago that Sexton had the exact same problem with the Cavs earlier this season. Usual New York Post bull**** here in my mind.

Doesn’t bother me. Article says he got along well with Knox and MRob and it was our “veterans” who had a problem with him, including guys like THJ who don’t play here any more. I remember reading months ago that Sexton had the exact same problem with the Cavs earlier this season. Usual New York Post bull**** here in my mind.
    From a chemistry stand point, I agree. But, what i don’t like is a player not passing to a wide open teammate for an easy layup, opting to go 1 on 3 instead and forcing a shot.
    This shows that Trier is only concerned with scoring his points and little else to help the team win. Ergo, he’s nothing more than a sixth man off the bench. Instant offense. He’s fine for that role, but we ain’t talking about a starter here or a PG.

12th man

From a chemistry stand point, I agree. But, what i don’t like is a player not passing to a wide open teammate for an easy layup, opting to go 1 on 3 instead and forcing a shot.
    This shows that Trier is only concerned with scoring his points and little else to help the team win. Ergo, he’s nothing more than a sixth man off the bench. Instant offense. He’s fine for that role, but we ain’t talking about a starter here or a PG.
    To be truthful, from a chemistry stand point .. I accused all the Knick players throughout the season for acting selfish having a shoot-first performance under coach Fizdale's weekly change of starting-lineups plus the change of rotation every other game. Even rookie Frank's pass-pass-pass performance last season changed to become a shoot shoot performance this season.
    Plus we must look at our walk-on draft-pick Trier's 2 yr contract are only guaranteed for this season, Trier and over half the Knicks roster were on their final season contract with the Knicks, and all the final contract players were looking for consistent playing time to for fill their season stat record.

12th man

This says Zo selfish play is not that big a problem esp for a productive scorer.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    They know they have 70M to spend and if you can't build a respectable team with that kind of dough you have to be deaf, dumb and blind.
    you can have 700m to spend, but if your team sucks, has sucked for yrs, have a dysfunctional front office, a 'dick' owner, maybe just maybe tier 1 FA's mite not wanta sign...

ofcourse i'm not talking about 'our' ny knicks.... just saying...

Veteran

Mills praised Fizdale for not veering from player development to “protect his record” this year. I say hold judgment on Fizdale. Definitely code that he was told to tank and he did it successfully.

Also, according to Mills, Patrick Ewing representing us at the draft lottery was Dolan’s idea.

12th man

Mills praised Fizdale for not veering from player development to “protect his record” this year. I say hold judgment on Fizdale. Definitely code that he was told to tank and he did it successfully.

Also, according to Mills, Patrick Ewing representing us at the draft lottery was Dolan’s idea.
    That's the stupidest thing I ever heard from a team executive giving a coach a pass for losing, if the Knicks didn't play that GLeague Bulls team twice in the last few games we would have wound up with the worst record in franchise history and not tied for it. Next season is on Mills/Perry but I didn't have much faith in Mills and still don’t esp after comments like this.

I'd cut Fiz some slack but the other guy we could have had as the new Knicks coach, Coach Bud is a strong candidate to win COY with the job he did with the Bucks. Remember it was reported that Budenholzer really wanted the Knicks job and maybe KP stays if he were the coach instead of Fiz, Bud wouldn't have guided the Knicks to the playoffs with this roster but no doubt in my mind he's the better coach between the two.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    That's the stupidest thing I ever heard from a team executive giving a coach a pass for losing, if the Knicks didn't play that GLeague Bulls team twice in the last few games we would have wound up with the worst record in franchise history and not tied for it. Next season is on Mills/Perry but I didn't have much faith in Mills and still don’t esp after comments like this.

I'd cut Fiz some slack but the other guy we could have had as the new Knicks coach, Coach Bud is a strong candidate to win COY with the job he did with the Bucks. Remember it was reported that Budenholzer really wanted the Knicks job and maybe KP stays if he were the coach instead of Fiz, Bud wouldn't have guided the Knicks to the playoffs with this roster but no doubt in my mind he's the better coach between the two.
    To be fair, the phrase “protect his record” was a quote from the blurb that I read that was written about Mills, not an actual phrase that Mills himself said.

The New York Knicks are back in the championship mix heading into a summer that could shake up the NBA.

The SuperBook at Westgate Las Vegas on Saturday opened the Knicks at 16-1 to win the 2020 NBA championship. New York is behind only the Milwaukee Bucks (9-2), Boston Celtics (7-1) and Philadelphia 76ers (10-1) in the Eastern Conference. Kevin Durant's pending free agency is the reason why.

Jeff Sherman, who oversees NBA odds at the SuperBook, believes the Knicks are the favorites to land Durant this summer and created their title odds accordingly. Sherman said the Knicks would be somewhere in the range of 300-1 if they aren't able to land Durant or another of the high-profile stars who could be on the move this offseason. If New York does land Durant and Kyrie Irving, Sherman said he would still have the Bucks with better odds than the Knicks.

For more:

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id...-20-title-odds

Sources: Pelicans recently gathered intel on Knicks' Kevin Knox -- what that could mean for Anthony Davis

https://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/sourc...avis/307018418

12th man

Sources: Pelicans recently gathered intel on Knicks' Kevin Knox -- what that could mean for Anthony Davis

https://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/sourc...avis/307018418

If KD is coming to town for big buck$$$ then Knox is the student for KD to mentor ..
    Its a mystery ???

Knicks’ Steve Mills mum on possibly using No. 3 pick for Anthony Davis trade
    https://nypost.com/2019/05/17/knicks...y-davis-trade/
    Last edited by Kiyaman; May 17, 2019 at 23:55.